Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Failed MMO

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Grailer
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Ive been playing for couple days now off and on. While there are some things IMO that leave alot to be desired, I would definently not call this game fail.

***Raving Rabbid is in negotiations to make sure the Plunger is not OP for either ranged or melee. After a demonstation it doesnt look good for keeping it in the game!***

I think the problem is that I have clocked over 100+ hours on this game already .

If I went back to the same amount of hours that you currently have played ( guessing ) I probably thought the game was ok too and not a failure ,  but once you hit the meat / juice of the game you begin to see it's failing which are only obvious if you have played in a high end raiding guild in WOW for example .

Suffice to say the PvE in GW2 is badly done.

I have a guild mate with over 250 hours played. Thats like 10 days. He would probably disagree with you OP and so do I. The game is fun and will be around for those who like it a long time. Good luck to you. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by chryses

It's ok man if I cant express my honest opinon then no worries .

Would the title   :  Most Amazing MMO Ever made

People need to stop hyping games , Ive wasted hundreds of dollars on games that this site has given thumbs up on and found them to be shallow .

Rift was actually the only game ive played in the last 5 years worth playing .

That's the reason why these threads are pointless.  I had a lot of friends play Rift and all rage quit after 2 months because they think the game was epic fail.  You think its the only game worth playing...probably like a lot of people.

IMO GW2 is the only game I think is worth playing post my EVE and Fallen Earth days.  Partly due to my RL activities, the mechanics and gameplay in GW2 is perfect for me.  (e.g. I don't have time standing around screaming for a goddam healer, tank or whatever.  I can just play!)

I think MPOG needs to have a definition of the word 'Fail' somewhere.  Its way too qualitative.

It's why its really to early to make any type of forcast and statement about " best games " etc ... 2 months time everyone might be rage quiting GW2 because they find it shallow/boring/ whatever ... its really to early in the games lifespan to say 

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by jadan2000
    as with all games, time will tell. they say they have 2 million subs already. lets see what happends in 6-8 months.

That's why their model is so good.  They will still have 2 million 'subs' plus.  Because really, they have already made their money and don't need people to remain subbed.  Can't base it on subs.

Even SWTOR wasnt a failure but for many gamers ( myself included ) it was a huge fail .

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Ive been playing for couple days now off and on. While there are some things IMO that leave alot to be desired, I would definently not call this game fail.

***Raving Rabbid is in negotiations to make sure the Plunger is not OP for either ranged or melee. After a demonstation it doesnt look good for keeping it in the game!***

I think the problem is that I have clocked over 100+ hours on this game already .

If I went back to the same amount of hours that you currently have played ( guessing ) I probably thought the game was ok too and not a failure ,  but once you hit the meat / juice of the game you begin to see it's failing which are only obvious if you have played in a high end raiding guild in WOW for example .

Now I got it. You have ZERO other things in life to spend time on so you over did it here.

The funniest part is where you claim you can only see this games failings if you played in a high end raiding guild in WoW.

What is badly done is your attempts to sound like you know so much more than others. Failure right there.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    as with all games, time will tell. they say they have 2 million subs already. lets see what happends in 6-8 months.

That's why their model is so good.  They will still have 2 million 'subs' plus.  Because really, they have already made their money and don't need people to remain subbed.  Can't base it on subs.

You can neither cancel nor renew a sub to a game that has no sub.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Even SWTOR wasnt a failure but for many gamers ( myself included ) it was a huge fail .

When a game like SWTOR goes Free to Play as soon as it did you can call it a failure. You seem to not understand what failure is. I would have thought you would be more familiar with a word you like to use so much.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

It's ok man if I cant express my honest opinon then no worries .

Would the title   :  Most Amazing MMO Ever made

People need to stop hyping games , Ive wasted hundreds of dollars on games that this site has given thumbs up on and found them to be shallow .

Rift was actually the only game ive played in the last 5 years worth playing .

the problem with ppl like you is that you believe everyone should think just like you., thank God they dont.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Ridan477
    Yeah 2 mil sales is a real failure. You sir are a crazy person.

Was Diablo 3 a failure ?

na, but your posts in this thread are.

don't bother with such silly concepts as arguments or facts, just go for the troll train.

good decision :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• The_GekkoThe_Gekko Member UncommonPosts: 28

Was Diablo 3 a failure ?

First you need to define what metrics you are using to establish if a game is a sucess or a failure. Are you a business/market analyst? Do you have access to a large pool of consumer feedback?

Second, your opinion of the game, whether its negative or positive, does not qualify as an analysis of a game's success or failure.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

No they didn't. Why you ask? Because there are no subs. Thanks

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Wow what is going on with game makers these days ?

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

I'm playing and having a whole lotta buncha fun. 

• Beercan1974Beercan1974 Member Posts: 12

The game is not a fail but it's certainly not as good as I hoped for. Especially not at level 80! :(

It it was sub-based? Well, perhaps it could be called a fail due to the hype but luckely it's free now...

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

2 million sales doesn't mean jack shit. the game is pointless at level 60 - 80, and the pvp battlegrounds is even more pointless. This game was a huge disappointment. What I DID like was the races.... too bad the game from level 60 - 80 is abysmal.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

100+ hours in this game? I doubt you have, because then your post makes no sense since you played past the frist few levels. And even if you begrungly pushed your way to do the other levels past the frist few, you still at least got price value of the game. So honestly I don't really see your point. You played past the lifetime of most B2P games, yet your complaining that it was a failure? Contradict yourself more.

Regardless, neither this game nor diablo 3 was a failure. Did diablo 3 fail to keep its playerbase after a period, sure, but they got the money they wanted out of players and players got to play up to inferno and probably played past the lifetime of a typical RPG thats B2P, so IMO thats not failing. So it wasn't what the croud wanted long term, be glad you didn't pay a subscription and get over yourself.

Oh and BTW, if you are basing your financial defecit on this website, your even stupider than you come off as, since the consumer can never blame the buyer for anything unless they failed to deliver on promised specifications, which this game didn't do. Thus, it's your own fault for buying the game and expecting it to be what you hoped it would be, not anyone else. Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by Maitrader

2 million sales doesn't mean jack shit. the game is pointless at level 60 - 80, and the pvp battlegrounds is even more pointless. This game was a huge disappointment. What I DID like was the races.... too bad the game from level 60 - 80 is abysmal.

What exactly are you looking for? It is a video game. It is not something to fill a life void. I've been level 80 for the past 40 hours played and I am still having a blast. 

World vs World PvP in a structrured group is some of the best PvP I have ever played in an MMO.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

/age is 284 hours

Still having a blast and almost have my alt to level 80 and I am not an alt-a-holic. I have not even begun to work on creating a legendary weapon, have not completed all of the dungeons in explorer mode, and I have not completed any sets of the dungeon exotic gear sets.

• beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Yep, game failed because you said it did. I see the gravitational force pulling the universe around you as I speak.

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by eggy08

100+ hours in this game? I doubt you have, because then your post makes no sense since you played past the frist few levels. And even if you begrungly pushed your way to do the other levels past the frist few, you still at least got price value of the game. So honestly I don't really see your point. You played past the lifetime of most B2P games, yet your complaining that it was a failure? Contradict yourself more.

Regardless, neither this game nor diablo 3 was a failure. Did diablo 3 fail to keep its playerbase after a period, sure, but they got the money they wanted out of players and players got to play up to inferno and probably played past the lifetime of a typical RPG thats B2P, so IMO thats not failing. So it wasn't what the croud wanted long term, be glad you didn't pay a subscription and get over yourself.

Oh and BTW, if you are basing your financial defecit on this website, your even stupider than you come off as, since the consumer can never blame the buyer for anything unless they failed to deliver on promised specifications, which this game didn't do. Thus, it's your own fault for buying the game and expecting it to be what you hoped it would be, not anyone else. Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?

I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60,

On the topic of "why shouldn't I follow hype", I submit to you the immortal words of the great philosopher George Carlin...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Was Diablo 3 a failure ?

Nope.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Was Diablo 3 a failure ?

wait..wait...I almost took that bait. I just won't even mention the millions of WoW players who bought a year of WoW to get the game. Because that totally wouldn't have contributed to its sales.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Guild Wars 2 is a massive success.

There's no other way to spin that.

That is a solid unarguable fact.

I'm not playing yet, but I agree. Its nice to see a new massively populated and polished MMO.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by eggy08

I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60,

On the topic of "why shouldn't I follow hype", I submit to you the immortal words of the great philosopher George Carlin...

Ok, you didn't buy the game, and you didn't like it. That proves my point that the OP clearly doesn't realize that his wallet isn't in our hands and that we didn't sell him the game, he just heard what he wanted then got disappointed, plain and simple. Again, you all use the word "hype" but clearly don't know what it means. Hype is by far the only word that people who hate the game love to use besides fanbois. But we didn't tell you things that weren't in the game, thus the game was widely advertised and talked about, but there was no hype, Features in the game that were promised are in the game, so hype isn't the right word. Maybe try popular if you want. Regardless, OP has no free will clearly and thus cannot make a decision without his hand held as he's doing it.

Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Was Diablo 3 a failure ?

wait..wait...I almost took that bait. I just won't even mention the millions of WoW players who bought a year of WoW to get the game. Because that totally wouldn't have contributed to its sales.

Honestly, I got face value out of D3. Was I disappointed with end game in that, sure. But to be fair, D2 had no real end game, so why should I expect D3 to fill that gap perfectly. It paid us for its B2P model, and I might hate the company for lying about difficulty and honestly messing up the game for stupid things, but I won't say the game didn't suffice in the buying price. Thus as a B2P, it wasn't a failure to most. OP is just butt hurt.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Wow what is going on with game makers these days ?

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

Yeah I know. Dota 2 is another fail wow clone MMO.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    So the point of this thread wasn't to bash the game and create a war of words, yet looked what happened.  Far too often these types of threads bring out the worst of the community.  Why is it so hard to keep one ego in check?
This discussion has been closed.