Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is just too..."tralala, smell the roses"

Comments

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

I wanted to get into the game. I really did. It just seems like too cutsey, sissy, kiddie game. For what it does, it does well I guess. TSW has spoiled me with a mature, gritty feel that GW2 just doesnt have. I mean, come on. We're adults already (at least most are i think),  Maybe its the fantasy theme that's been beat to death that's doing it.

Ok, rant over...you may now proceed to bash me

The fact that you think Guild Wars 2 is too "cutesy, sissy, kiddy" is a pretty immature view itself; it is not a dark and gritty game with a strictly mature theme, but this does not automatically mean that it is for children.

A truly mature, grown-up person would not associate anything dark, gritty and explicit with maturity, and anything colourful and non-explicit with immaturity.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

I really wish the GW2 fans would drop the ultra-defensive insults and attacks on people who dislike parts of the game.

I mean really...especially since so much of the GW2 community was trolling other games and bashing them...its just so...i dunno juvenile of a reaction.

So what...you guys really expect everyone to love the game and everyone who doesnt has some sort of agenda or something..or just is wrong on their opinions?

Big deal people think a high-fantasy game with a child like race and furry character is childish....

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I thought only pandas are childish.
  • BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    I thought I'm going to have a similar problem with GW2. Now two of my 5 characters are Asura while a while ago I was swearing I will stay away from those silly things. TSW is hardly mature, some of so called mature content in that game makes me laugh, however I have to say the atmosphere is one of the few things Funcom managed to pull of with that game.
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    That sright, cause dragons and ghouls are for kids. I would be so much happier t I jumping on a car for 10 *times.

Another time it from someone who cut the game on for 15 minutes and then went back to play WoW oh I'm sorry wow in love craft land
  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by redman875

I really wish the GW2 fans would drop the ultra-defensive insults and attacks on people who dislike parts of the game.

I mean really...especially since so much of the GW2 community was trolling other games and bashing them...its just so...i dunno juvenile of a reaction.

So what...you guys really expect everyone to love the game and everyone who doesnt has some sort of agenda or something..or just is wrong on their opinions?

Big deal people think a high-fantasy game with a child like race and furry character is childish....

What kind of person buys a game without taking a look at the graphics, aesthetics and design, then complains that it looks like it is for kids?

Protip: Look at a screenshot or watch a video before buying game.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by sbarra1x

I wanted to get into the game. I really did. It just seems like too cutsey, sissy, kiddie game. For what it does, it does well I guess. TSW has spoiled me with a mature, gritty feel that GW2 just doesnt have. I mean, come on. We're adults already (at least most are i think),  Maybe its the fantasy theme that's been beat to death that's doing it.

The fact that you think Guild Wars 2 is too "cutesy, sissy, kiddy" is a pretty immature view itself; it is not a dark and gritty game with a strictly mature theme, but this does not automatically mean that it is for children.

A truly mature, grown-up person would not associate anything dark, gritty and explicit with maturity, and anything colourful and non-explicit with immaturity.

I didnt say it "was"...i said that it "ssems like it to me"....and it does. of course you along with others feel differently. i'm sure there are all ages playing any game.

sorry, if my choice of descriptions offended  you, but they expressed how i percieve the game..should i just of said "the game seems designed for kids?"

and yes, i do associate "dark, gritty, and explicit" with maturity.. its certainly not intended for kids. that doesnt mean a 14 year old doesnt think "hobo with a shotgun" isnt cool as hell, lol.

I didnt mean a certain demographic intention. I meant the game seems cutsey, sissy, and kiddie.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

What kind of person buys a game without taking a look at the graphics, aesthetics and design, then complains that it looks like it is for kids?

The kind of person who wanted to try it, but could not without paying for it.

and please, you're going to tell me that how a game is going to play can be summed up by a screenshot?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Ok, so, you think the game is lame, or kiddy or whatever.  Got it.  My opinion is that it's fun and great entertainment.  Then again, I think that of some (some!) Disney movies as well.  I also think that Saw and 300 are fun and entertaining, too.  And Schindler's List is a freakin' tear-jerking masterpiece.  But, I digress....

I don't really understand, though, why so many people feel the need to come on here and bash the game (yes, you are bashing the game when you call it cutsey, sissy, and kiddie).  If you don't like it, fine.  Go pay your $15/month on TSW.  Honestly, I'd play TSW if it weren't for the monthly fee because it does look very cool.  I'd say the same about WoW.  All three games are very cool in different ways, I think.  I don't understand the need to bash any of them, though, because the art design or the style aren't to your liking.  I would expect adults to be able to not have that need.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

and please, you're going to tell me that how a game is going to play can be summed up by a screenshot?

Maybe not by a screenshot, but there are videos out the ass, just on this website, that go a long way toward letting you know how the game will play. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Well is your complaint gameplay or aesthetics? Because the first complaint doesn't sound like gameplay to me, it sounds like aesthetics.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by f0dell54
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Game is fun

/thread

It's fun for you. That doesn't mean that it is for everyone. I personally didn't really care for it but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

There is a huge difference between making your opinion clear, and repeating it ad nauseum out of no reason other than spite.

Food for thought.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Ausare
    I thought only pandas are childish.

Nope. Just people who keep bringing it up.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    I find it sad that the only thing they get you to buy a game is the Setting. Mark my words guild Wars 2 with steel self 2,000,000 copies no matter what is setting itwas in. G W 2 is net for gamers that want to play a different game no matter what the Setting is
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Puffy, my teddy bear, says the game is very mature! And he knows what he's talking about, he plays it with me all the time.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Personally I have played years of WoW and that art style is even more comical/childish than GW2. I don't care if they made all the races animated stick people, as long as there was a lot of contetent, fun, and social it doesn't matter.

I agree with a previous poster also. How can you buy a game and not look at what it stands for before purchasing it. OP, good luck buying your next car, and I hope you never have to buy a parachute.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Let me guess, you played the game to level 5 as an Asura before deciding this? If you even played the game at all? Some posts are too ridiculous to debate and this is one of them.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Amjoco

OP, good luck buying your next car, and I hope you never have to buy a parachute.

Parachute?

Originally posted by fiontar

Let me guess, you played the game to level 5 as an Asura before deciding this? If you even played the game at all? Some posts are too ridiculous to debate and this is one of them.

What's wrong with the Asura?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

OP, good luck buying your next car, and I hope you never have to buy a parachute.

Parachute?

If he didn't take the time to check out the game before he found out what it was about, he would probably make the same mistake with a parachute. Either way, the premise was he needs to look at things carefully before buying them.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Many people who do not like the game have legit reasons, like any other game opinions on it will vary. Others are just phonies who started MMORPG.COM accounts at just the right time to bash GW2. Those people are trolling.

Originally posted by Enigmatus

Parachute?

If he didn't take the time to check out the game before he found out what it was about, he would probably make the same mistake with a parachute. Either way, the premise was he needs to look at things carefully before buying them.

Ah, point is good.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by evolver1972

Ok, so, you think the game is lame, or kiddy or whatever.  Got it.  My opinion is that it's fun and great entertainment.  Then again, I think that of some (some!) Disney movies as well.  I also think that Saw and 300 are fun and entertaining, too.  And Schindler's List is a freakin' tear-jerking masterpiece.  But, I digress....

I don't really understand, though, why so many people feel the need to come on here and bash the game (yes, you are bashing the game when you call it cutsey, sissy, and kiddie).  If you don't like it, fine.  Go pay your $15/month on TSW.  Honestly, I'd play TSW if it weren't for the monthly fee because it does look very cool.  I'd say the same about WoW.  All three games are very cool in different ways, I think.  I don't understand the need to bash any of them, though, because the art design or the style aren't to your liking.  I would expect adults to be able to not have that need.

The point of forums like this is to discuss MMOs, good points AND bad.  This isn't a place where only the shiny happy people get to say how great their favourite MMO is.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135
    I did not even want to try TSW due to the name of the unspoken evil ... FUNCOM

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by evolver1972

The point of forums like this is to discuss MMOs, good points AND bad.  This isn't a place where only the shiny happy people get to say how great their favourite MMO is.

I agree, if people are making valid arguments.  But calling a game childish and sissy because you don't like it is nothing more than bashing the game, IMO.  Just like only saying "this game is AWESOME" is really just shilling for the game.

Please, people, put some thought into your posts.

If you think the gameplay sucks, ok fine, feel free to state why, and I'll feel free to argue my opinion.  If you don't like the style, fine.  Come here, act like an adult, and say your criticisms and explain why.  But don't get upset if you just call a game that many people like "sissy" and "childish" and expect they won't call you on your own childishness and bridge guarding tendencies.