Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Patch v1.0.5 Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III blog has been updated with a brief look at developers' plans for the upcoming v1.0.5 patch. Uber-bosses, build diversity and the new Monster Power system are all part of the post.

New Event: Infernal Machine

The Infernal Machine is a device that will allow level-60 players to battle “uber” versions of some of Sanctuary’s most nefarious bosses. While the rewards for defeating these bosses will be great, some assembly is required.

Read more on the Diablo III community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ColdhatezColdhatez Member Posts: 15
    Blizzard is taking very good steps with diablo, first paragon levels, now this! Great
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I'm not really sure why this game even gets a front page article here. It's not massive at all.
  • museandalimuseandali Member UncommonPosts: 67

millions play it, it's an online game by nature, even when you solo,, thus, by definition, it's Massive, Multiplayer, and Online.

/and some of us actually make money selling stuff to lazy people

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I'm not really sure why this game even gets a front page article here. It's not massive at all.

To be honest, it's more massive then these "next gen" MMOs, e.g., SWTOR etc.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    It is here because long ago people voted they wanted it here.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    nic eto see updates-its a beautiful game. work in progress.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Call of Duty is massive, there are roles, its multiplayer, millions play it.... Diablo is just another game, I still don't get why it has front page news here. Would be neat though if they turned it into a titan of an mmorpg.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

What is so hard about knowing what an MMORPG (this site) is ?

Its massive, its multiplayer, its online and its a role playing game. You play the role of your character, upgrading it, leveling it, being a hero in the story, etc...

[mod edit]
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

It's not massive. You and maybe three or so other people are in any single instance of the game.

Just because there are thousands or 'millions' of people playing it, it's not concurrent users nor is it combined on the servers.

If that's the weak definition we're using to define massive now, then almost every shooter out there is an mmo. The first Neverwinter and Neverwinter 2 was an mmo. Almost any hack and slash with multiplayer would be an mmo. And so on.

This is not an mmo.

Given the previous person's response, there definitely is idiots who don't know what the definition of an MMO is.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I went back to try 1.0.4 and realized the problem with the game is the game itself. It's just not that fun to play.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    I went back to try 1.0.4 and realized the problem with the game is the game itself. It's just not that fun to play.

Maybe not to you, but to many others it is. I'm not a fan of FPS, does that mean all those FPS games aren't fun?

I guess you'll miss out on Torchlight 2 too. That will be a fun game.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    D3 isn't bad game. The loot system is f'ed up and they've said nothing will be changed about that. So the game is pretty much ruined, especially TL2 and BL2 right around the corner.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

The community decided a long time ago that they wanted D3 included on this site.  Deal with it.

The last patch was interesting, I may actually return to try it again for a while.  It's still missing a lot of what made D2 special though.  At least get us some runewords and charms.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by museandali

millions play it, it's an online game by nature, even when you solo,, thus, by definition, it's Massive, Multiplayer, and Online.

/and some of us actually make money selling stuff to lazy people

By that butchering of the definition of what an MMO is then Call of Duty, or ANY lobby based game, is an MMO.

This is a lie, and an utter twisting of a definition to meet your own personal opinion. It is NOT a Massive Multiplayer Online game. It is only a Multiplayer Online Game (MOG). Just like Call of Duty, minecraft, etc.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

D3 shouldn't be on MMORPG.com and I am not a D3 hater or a D2 fan too attached to let go.

Anyway, it's about time they add something new to the game in terms of content. It seems they will follow the update routine of WoW - lots of nerfs to the current end game over the time to let as many people as possible enjoy it then release new hard content.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Ausare
    It is here because long ago people voted they wanted it here.

Yup. People need to get over it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/features.cfm/view/polls

And almost half the people who voted said no. 46 vs 54 :p

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Oh great idea, make the rich, richer.  Maybe they should look at their broken itemization problems instead of adding new things.

Over 250 hours in, I have never seen a legendary drop, not one.  Rares that drop are almost ALWAYS at least 10 levels beneath my avatar.

I have come to the conclusion, that the development team does not have one iota of a clue what made Diablo II so successful because this POS they call a game is completely lacking in fun.

The economy is in the dumps too.  People want 10, 20 million for nice items, heck I am lucky to have 2 million around in my coffers.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Oh great idea, make the rich, richer.  Maybe they should look at their broken itemization problems instead of adding new things.

Over 250 hours in, I have never seen a legendary drop, not one.  Rares that drop are almost ALWAYS at least 10 levels beneath my avatar.

I have come to the conclusion, that the development team does not have one iota of a clue what made Diablo II so successful because this POS they call a game is completely lacking in fun.

The economy is in the dumps too.  People want 10, 20 million for nice items, heck I am lucky to have 2 million around in my coffers.

Your problem is that you want to buy a super rare item (which might go for 10m, 20m, 100m etc) by just farming gold which you get from selling vendor trash and the odd 50-100k item. In order to get super expensive items you first need to find other expensive items which are worth 10m etc. Gold is just the currency to trade items. It replaced runes from D2. 

I can't complain myself. Today I did two runs and I got two legendaries, one worth 500k, the other one 50m (might go up to 100m but I doubt it).

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Well... I guess making the game so easy that we wont need gear with perfect stats is one way to fix the game.

Personally i would rather them boost the stats of the gear, add many new affixes and leave the mobs in the game alone.

Honestly Diablo 2 gear is so much more interesting.

One thing i don't understand. THis device is going to take a while to build? or does assembly required mean its group content only? If its group content Blizzard just made their game worse... One of the main things people like about ARPG is playing by yourself and overtime getting all the most powerful loot.

Edit: Diablo 3 wont be truly fixed until you can play from 1-60, progress through all content on gear and items you found and crafted on your journey. Let the people that want to ignore the AH and player trading do that.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by fivoroth

Your problem is that you want to buy a super rare item (which might go for 10m, 20m, 100m etc) by just farming gold which you get from selling vendor trash and the odd 50-100k item. In order to get super expensive items you first need to find other expensive items which are worth 10m etc. Gold is just the currency to trade items. It replaced runes from D2. 

I can't complain myself. Today I did two runs and I got two legendaries, one worth 500k, the other one 50m (might go up to 100m but I doubt it).

Methinks you skipped the part where he said no legendaries are dropping for him in the first place, so your advice kinda just comes off as an insult to tell him to sell things he doesn't have in the first place.

His complaint was twofold about the problem because.

1) The random drops on loot is too greatly imbalanced as well as items themselves being too imbalanced and frequently not worth it even if they are ostensibly rare or legendary.

2) On top of that the way the defficulty and rewards are tiered, you do not receive loot that is properly leveled to your own character most of the time.

As a result what good items there are get sold for silly high prices on the AH.

And gold is not a replacement for runes in any way. Neither is the current gem and socket system.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

diablo 3 has millions of people playing ?? maybe in asia

i havnt seen over 1k players online since the game launched lol

everytime i logg into diablo 3 it says like 600-900 people are playing

i dont know if that shows Everyone playing...or how it works....when the game was NEW i used to see 2000 people on...now everytime i logg in it is 600-900 people hahah

i have never seen millions or even 10k people

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Deivos
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Methinks you skipped the part where he said no legendaries are dropping for him in the first place, so your advice kinda just comes off as an insult to tell him to sell things he doesn't have in the first place.

His complaint was twofold about the problem because.

1) The random drops on loot is too greatly imbalanced as well as items themselves being too imbalanced and frequently not worth it even if they are ostensibly rare or legendary.

2) On top of that the way the defficulty and rewards are tiered, you do not receive loot that is properly leveled to your own character most of the time.

As a result what good items there are get sold for silly high prices on the AH.

And gold is not a replacement for runes in any way. Neither is the current gem and socket system.

Thank you, could not have said it better myself.  When a level 29 item drops in inferno that says it all.

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by Grimula

diablo 3 has millions of people playing ?? maybe in asia

i havnt seen over 1k players online since the game launched lol

everytime i logg into diablo 3 it says like 600-900 people are playing

i dont know if that shows Everyone playing...or how it works....when the game was NEW i used to see 2000 people on...now everytime i logg in it is 600-900 people hahah

i have never seen millions or even 10k people

You do know the chat is divided up into channels, you won't see that many in one channel.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Call of Duty is massive, there are roles, its multiplayer, millions play it.... Diablo is just another game, I still don't get why it has front page news here. Would be neat though if they turned it into a titan of an mmorpg.

Perhaps because its done by Blizzard, and thats a LOT of ad money?... ^^   It doesn't have to be strictly an MMO to be of interest to many of us. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."