Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

POLL-How long before Blizzard copies GW2 questing design?

1234568»

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member

Originally posted by fahadjafar

Originally posted by xpiher  

Originally posted by fahadjafar

Originally posted by Nikkita

What gear grind?  This grind? http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/59361-what-ever-happened-to-horizontal-progression/ http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/363676/page/1 There are tier levels on armor so even though these tiers are not directly related to dugeons there is still a horizontal progression for those who want better armor. The only difference is that 'dungeon grind for armor' is gone and you won't have to do tier 1, tier 2 and so on versions of dungeons.
    i wonder how much iq a gamer has these days. unless the developers right with bold letter like this : "TIER 1 DRAGON KILLER ROCK SMASHER HEADGEAR OF VAGRANT MORON"  they don't realize that is a different level of item than the common item. you think that players would realize what is unique, what is legendary just by looking at an item but no, the devs actually have to sepll it out for them. and then  they say " what gear grind?". indeed we live in a dark age. the end is nigh my friends.
      No. I know there is tierd gear. Its just not necessary since you can get the same gear, in terms of stats, from crafted gear. 
      To further prove my point Originally posted by gaeanprayer Originally posted by littleXuro To obtain 1 mere set of all available dungeon sets, you need to run explorable mode 60+ times atleast. Assuming you want to obtain several sets to have unique looks for all your characters, you have to do a few hundred runs, all lasting 2+ hours on average. Last time I remember, ArenaNet said you would get a reward each run to prevent this kind of grind. Words cannot describe how dissappointed I am, waited 4 years for it and again it's just another grind if I want to build unique characters.   Anyone else feels the same?
    No. It's a grind for things you don't need. You can get golds and epics outside of the dungeons through events (I got an epic focus from killing Tequatl) and crafting. Those dungeon items are for people that enjoy that kind of thing. If that's not you, then it's not for you, ignore it. You can't say you want to participate in all of the content of the game then get upset when some of the content of the game isn't what you wanted, either make the concession to try it anyway or pass up on it. Like I did :D I have no intention of bothering with that gear myself. It's pretty, but frankly so are the Tier 1-3 cultural armors, and those can be bought with gold.
      Furthermore  The items displayed here are max stat wise. Notice the listing of 501 individual sales? Prices are no where near grindy. This doesn't include exotics that can be bought for gold from different vendors Again, no real grind.  
    so you don't have to grind for crafting material? and doing the same event again and again for one epic gear doesn't look like grind to you? pfftl!! why am i even writing here?

Crafting materials come easier than any WoW piece of raid armor (when they were first introduced). But that wasn't the point. The point was you can get a full set of tailored exotics (highest stat armor in the game) for a low amount of gold from the AH. You cannot do that in most other themepark games. When you are 80, you should have enough to be fully decked out in exotics. Furthermore, exotics drop from things like Jump puzzles, zone completions, boss chest, etc. The grind people complain about isn't there if they would actually take the time to look for alternative sources of gear besides vendor, cultural, and dungeon sets (which you grind for the looks)

Please research for the love of god

Originally posted by Azrile

Originally posted by Nikkita

Originally posted by xpiher Never because a lot of people are actually complaining about not having quest hubs. So billzard will keep them to keep that market share. Personally I hate quest hubs that send you to next one ect ect. Its boring. I saw someone mention TSW as innovative... not really. Adding in Mist style puzzles and making your game more like a single player RPG doesn't innovate.   

Originally posted by Tardcore How long before MoP sales are picking little peices of GW2 sales out of its gigantic teeth? Oh yeah, 14 more days.
    Sorry, but WoW and GW1 were both similarilly successful when released. If anything, the only thing WoW can do is go down because they've already completely expanded their market share. If anything, GW2 is even more casual friendly than WoW is now simply due to the fact that it is F2P. Don't expect WoW to take away anyone from GW2 who isn't playing the game as a filler (which is what most people do between WoW expacs).  
    Funny because i keep reading how so many are playing GW2 as a  filler due to its B2P model.
    Yes, many are. But typically speaking, when WoW players look for a filler MMO, it doesn't produce 1million + in sales.  Granted, some people playing GW2 wil leave when PS2 comes out. 
    AOC sold 1M boxes, Warhammer almost did also.   Hype does not equal longevity.   AOC even sold 1M boxes knowing there was a subscription after it.   And that, really, has been one of the biggest selling points of GW2, no subs price.   If you put it in that persepective, GW2 really didn´t do that well.  It barely outsold AOC while advertising B2P.
    AoC also made funcom 2million in profit and was hyped way more than GW2. But my point was that if you look at both of those games, they maintained enough population to warrent continued development (although less servers) despite the fact that both games UNDEVELIVED on all promises. GW2, while many here are saying the game is "meh" has develivered nearly everything they said they would and with quality. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    oh god, I hope never.  The questing is the worst part of GW2 :/

Care to explain?

the freedom to do what you want? not stuck to quest A1-A12 to complete a quest chain to get full Xp, Down Leveling a character to keep all areas relevant. I get lost on what I want to do some times because I was so use to going to hubs to pick up the 10 quest go out and complet them then LEAD me to the next area. but not every one likes cream with there coffe,so to speak.

• sbrite10sbrite10 Vancouver, WAPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by zaylin
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    oh god, I hope never.  The questing is the worst part of GW2 :/

Care to explain?

the freedom to do what you want? not stuck to quest A1-A12 to complete a quest chain to get full Xp, Down Leveling a character to keep all areas relevant. I get lost on what I want to do some times because I was so use to going to hubs to pick up the 10 quest go out and complet them then LEAD me to the next area. but not every one likes cream with there coffe,so to speak.

Totaly agree with you on this.No need for a quest log or quest tracking even though technically itys tracked on scree its only tracked when your in the relevant area.Makes questiong almost completely transparent.Hell you jump into a DE and end up finishing a heart "Quest" without even trying sometimes.This all leads to you having more time to explore the game world which by the way is awsome looking.I realize that alot of this is subjective but I think people get set into and Idea and a certain amount of stubborness wont let them see the forest for the trees.Thats fine too.Its the nature of games and the internet.I cant honestly say that I havent fallen victim to my own stubborness either but to "me" this game rocks and constitutes evrything I like and want in an MMO.

1234568»