Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are basment dwellers? Poll.

SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
I actually do live in a basment. It is NOT my mom's basement, however. I admit that I rather enjoy the cave'like dwelling as I prefer dark spaces and solitude.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I have a basement in the house I own and that's where I game...  Does that count?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    not sure what does GW2 have to do with living in a basement but yes, yes i do, at my families basement for now(i pay for it tho, to help with the mortgage). Wont leave this place until i graduate from college. Health issues took 5 of the last seven years of my life  so im starting college a bit late, but its never too late to make progress.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Uhhhh........It's not a basement, It's called a Man Cave.

Jeez people.

Also, because of the stigma and stereotype of "mom and dad's basement", you really should clarify that you mean one's own basement. Peopel will think others will assume if they answer yes, it will look like that's what you are asking.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Strange topic for GW2 - maybe we should have it general gaming so the WoW set and EVE'rs can butt in.

Originally posted by botrytis
    Strange topic for GW2 - maybe we should have it general gaming so the WoW set and EVE'rs can butt in.

This topic should be moved to general

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Nah... this topic should be moved to the basement

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Remember the rain in NYC last year ish? it flooded the basement i was in. Thank god every electronic and plug was  2 ft up -.-never again

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I don't have a basement.

/envy

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    Live in a second floor apartment, no basement for me. 
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    sometimes, if my gf is actually gaming, she makes me go down there to keep her company lol.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by laserit

LOL +1

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Own an apartment, wish I had a basement so my son and myself can escape the wife's rage timer image
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Basement dweller please. My mother lets me live on the first floor. *cool shades*
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Slukjan
    I actually do live in a basment. It is NOT my mom's basement, however. I admit that I rather enjoy the cave'like dwelling as I prefer dark spaces and solitude.

Nope tho i almost ended up there due to my disability.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by dustyhayes
    Own an apartment, wish I had a basement so my son and myself can escape the wife's rage timer image

Do you keep a well stocked 36 ability keybind system to handle that situation? including but not limited to bubble hearth and macros? LOL

Originally posted by laserit

Touche

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

My basement is being used for "other" things. I like to....hold on a sec...

"Hey, quiet down there! It put's the lotion on or it get's the hose again!!"

Now...where were we?

(I don't have a basement, so no, i'm not a literal basement dweller...)

Originally posted by dustyhayes

Hence my "Man Cave" reference. Or in your case a "Danger Room"

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Gaming is just more fun if you're in the basement.  I happen to live in a basement at a friend's house. So i'm cooler than you.
  • KellorKellor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I don't live in the basement, I own the whole house, but the basement is my gaming space. Actually, I have a little corner of the basement for my computer, while my son took over the rest of the basement for his toys.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

If I had a basement id be a dweller, I suppose ill just settle for being an attic dweller XD

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Apartment top floor but I dream of under ground civilizations often as a serious alternative to the overpopulation problem.  Wish science would invest more there.

• Chaos_AmunetChaos_Amunet Member Posts: 9
    I do live in my dad's basement, but I'm a) female, and b) his live-in caretaker. I also shower daily, attend a post-secondary educational institution, eat properly, exercise with passing regularity, and have a healthy, normal social life which includes sex, and libations that aren't Mountain Dew.
  • DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Chaos_Amunet
    I do live in my dad's basement, but I'm a) female, and b) his live-in caretaker. I also shower daily, attend a post-secondary educational institution, eat properly, exercise with passing regularity, and have a healthy, normal social life which includes sex, and libations that aren't Mountain Dew.

..but are you hot?

/cliche gamer off

uhmmm...bah I actually have nothing to add to this convo

/cliche gamer on

Soooo how old are you?

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    The title of this topic made me think of the movie C.H.U.D.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville