Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello I'm an MMO player

JeyhuJeyhu Member UncommonPosts: 90

Hello,

I am an MMO player, I get hyped up when games are on the horizon, feeding into the marketing machine.  I criticize every other MMO that's in direct competition with my game of choice for the most absurb reasons.  I will whine and complain when I don't get my way saying things like the developers don't care, this class is OP, this player is hacking. 

When the game isn't 100% what I envisioned it would be, I visit internet forums and say how Burger Time was way better then said game.  When I am forced to group to do content I scream and start to cut myself.  When the game has a lot of solo play, I almost break my monitor in disgust because I think it's too anti social.  I make no effort to join a guild or communicate in chat channels then complain that nobody talks to me.

I waste countless dollars buying new games thinking it's going to give me the fix I need, only to throw it in the trash within a few weeks.  When I get outnumbered in PvP I yell and scream saying "No fair" and blame the other players for building alliances when I'm the one not coordinating.  I don't want to work for anything, I want everything handed to me on a silver platter, then I complain that I'm too bored.  When developers balance my class with others I threaten to call my lawyer and boycott the game.

I consider myself father of the year with my kids while my wife and I leave them to fend for themselves because I'm too busy raiding to tuck them in or make them dinner.  I am never happy, I live in a basement, and I think the world should revolve around me and my man boobies.

I'm an MMO player, this is my story.

Comments

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I'm an MMO player and i'm nothing like you. Weird.

But as long as you're happy, that's all that matters OP. Have fun with whatever game you're playing. image

BTW, what does this have to do with Guild Wars 2?

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

An alright satire, could have gone a bit further with it though. I will give it a 6/10.

I also noticed a then that should have been than, which would have actually fit perfectly into the satire if it was intended but unfortunately it was not. That would have brought it up to a solid C at 7/10. Adding in a "rediculous" would have brought it up to 8/10.

• JeyhuJeyhu Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

But as long as you're happy, that's all that matters OP. Have fun with whatever game you're playing. image

This is for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?s=ts

• dumbo11dumbo11 Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by Jeyhu
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

This is for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?s=ts

I think you missed MMOwanderer's sarcasm...

But I guess that's the problem with sarcasm, it doesn't really work on the internet.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I <3 cheeseburgers

(my reply makes as much sense as the entire thread) 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Jeyhu
      When developers balance my class 

Ok, now you're just making shit up.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

An alright satire, could have gone a bit further with it though. I will give it a 6/10.

I also noticed a then that should have been than, which would have actually fit perfectly into the satire if it was intended but unfortunately it was not. That would have brought it up to a solid C at 7/10. Adding in a "rediculous" would have brought it up to 8/10.

I would have given it a 9/10 but I'm both metacritic and a paid advertiser disguised as an honest opinion game magazine. Oh that 100 million? yeah don't pay any attention to that, it's a GIFT yeah a gift....from a friend....at a large gaming company. shhh

but seriously, love all these never before seen accounts showing up all over the place lately, no history = your dishonest and hiding something. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I agree, a rediculous would have sealed this one up.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Burger time is an amazing game though....
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Burger time is an amazing game though....

Yes it is, I still got it with my MAME emulator :D.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I'm an MMO player.  I do a lot of research before buying an MMO as I like to make educated decisions.  When I no longer have fun in the game I bought, I stop playing.  Cycle repeat.
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I would have given it a 9/10 but I'm both metacritic and a paid advertiser disguised as an honest opinion game magazine. Oh that 100 million? yeah don't pay any attention to that, it's a GIFT yeah a gift....from a friend....at a large gaming company. shhh

but seriously, love all these never before seen accounts showing up all over the place lately, no history = your dishonest and hiding something. 

Well I did join these forums over 6 years ago now, I just don't live on here like some folks do.

This discussion has been closed.