Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Players Unite to Save CoH

13»

Comments

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108
    Played this happily for many years, though not atm and only just found out about the closure....very sad, If I'd known I'd have logged in for the rally, hope someone takes notice.
  • BladesnowBladesnow Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your coverage. We will continue to fight to save the world we love. We are heroes. This is what we do.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Sux when a game you like closes down. :(

Doesn't sux so much when it's been a handful of years since you last fired it up anyway.

Best of luck to the people trying to save it for the current players.

What are the requirements for getting Paragon City protected as a historical landmark?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by Calhoun619

Where were all these supporters before the closing announcement? I see petitions and all this support talk but if so many love CoH and want it to stay alive why werent you all subbing to it in the first place?

So if they manage to keep it alive I hope the server pop is flowing because of all these supporters that are so up in arms about the closing, yet im sure 97% werent even playing the game to begin with.

We were all still playing and paying and subbing, but the thing is, the game is jiust being shut down for no good reason, other than a change in business direction by NC Soft "In a realignment of company focus and publishing support"

Actually there is empirical proof that most people was not playing the game any more and that it was the bottomfeeder in the company.

What I wrote was the actual reason for the shut down.

Also I said later in that post, which you removed, is that Paragon Studios themselves are helping in the efforts to save the game. They know first hand whether the game was dead or unprofitable, If it was either or both, I do not see them bothering in saving it, or encouraging players to do so, when there would be no hope in the matter.

Ok... I can not argue outside of the financial report as i am neither part of PS or NCSOFT but COH was the last non-inhouse game in their stable. This might be a contributoing factor. Also i never said it did not make money (or at least i did not intend to say that) i said it made the least money (outside of GW1, but it does not have any development and it is bad to piss off the GW fans at this point) But if the report say the game makes very little money and you have several threads full of people saying "i used to play but not any more" then "we" who ever they are do not weigh in as much as they used to do.

So yes there is still a point for Paragon studios to try and save the game (for their own jobs if nothing else) even if the game is doing baddly as long as it is makeing a profit (making a profit is not the same as doing good enough, especially not in a company as big as NCSoft) as they might be able to run the game on their own outside of NCSoft or with another company.

That still does not validate the "We were all still playing and paying and subbing, " as it is still a mystery who "We" are and if "we" will be enough to make a difference.

This have been a good conversation