Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Attack Telegraphs Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jeremy Gaffney from Carbine Studios hosts the latest WildStar Wednesday video. The video diary details how monster telegraphs work in combat and how players can deal with the way monsters attack. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    This game looks interesting, but I'd have to really read a lot more on it to find out if I'd like it.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Holy crap! That was too awesome. I like how the combat looks and those animations were sweet. I can already hear the "hardcore" crowd screaming about how this dumbs down the genre, though.

They should be here any minute......

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Holy crap! That was too awesome. I like how the combat looks and those animations were sweet. I can already hear the "hardcore" crowd screaming about how this dumbs down the genre, though.

Nah dude, they're just taking something done in GW2 and changing it slightly.  Kinda like what GW2 did for all their "innovation"

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

ROFL

So now GW2 is the source of all ideas.

Hate to break your bubble but these "AoE indicators" have been in games for ages.

• chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    .Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Yeah, I think I wrote something like that about this in the video section. It went something like this:

"I don't know if I like telegraphs. It makes combat too predictable. Actually, there is not prediction at all. You have a guy saying "hey, I'm gonna shoot this cannon straight down this line, you be sure to get out of the way."

I like spontaneous, seemingly unpredictable combat. Visceral combat where you have to look for subtleties in combat animations, or where your knowlege of an enemy's class has been honed to the point where you can predict what they will do next. The kind of knowlege that comes from fighting that class over and over.

Telegraphic combat may be too dumbed down for me."

I'm not screaming it. I'm not even hard core. Maybe I'm reluctant to change.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

What happened to the days when Mike Tyson would blink to let you know he's about to rock your world...

combat and the game world looked kinda boring in that vid.  hope its better than what we just saw.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I see what you did there.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

I'm keeping an eye on this game, as looks interesting.

This however isn't something new.  TSW has these.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    This game looks interesting, but I'd have to really read a lot more on it to find out if I'd like it.

Good news! There's a site (or two) for that....

http://wildstar-central.com/

http://www.wildstarsource.com/

Need other langauges than English? Check the fansite listing here on MMORPG.com

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Well, what can i say besides: "Don't stand in the fir...erh, i mean, red outlined stuff!"
  • BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Randayn

What happened to the days when Mike Tyson would blink to let you know he's about to rock your world...

combat and the game world looked kinda boring in that vid.  hope its better than what we just saw.

and terrible players are still gonna die. also, way to go Carbine on making the game more about playing the interface. MMO's dont have enough of that already.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Really liking how this game is shaping up. May end up givimg it a go!