Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: 'Calm Before the Storm' Update Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds and the Rift team have announced that the v1.10, "Calm Before the Storm" update has been deployed and is now live on all servers. 1.10 brings a host of new features on board in preparation for November's Storm Legion expansion including a new Instant Adventure, cross-faction grouping and the Autumn Harvest festival.

As a great storm brews on the horizon, Ascended make final preparations to face off against Telara’s greatest threat yet. But before that defining moment comes, Trion offers Guardians and Defiants a bit of respite from the unending battle against the Bloodstorm with Rift™: Calm Before the Storm. The latest update hits live servers today and introduces key features that include cross-faction gameplay, Instant Adventure in Scarwood Reach, and the Autumn Harvest World Event. 

Former players are also invited to experience everything the new update has to offer for free during this weekend’s Return to Telara event (September 14-16). Anyone with level 20+ characters can log in and help their fellow Ascended prepare for Crucia’s impending attack. 

Find out more about Rift.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Really looking forward to checking this out as EU are behind a little so its not live for us yet. There are some small "not really mentioned" changes in this update too including graphics updates for lighting and fog.

All in, another great update.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I wish Trion the best at this expansion hopefully it can boast there numbers a bit.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    I wish Trion the best at this expansion hopefully it can boast there numbers a bit.

I hope to. Was sad experience returning after some time and finding my server again being "test" server, low numbers of servers and nearly no players around. But is also true have been in middle of summer.

Looking forward expansion even if I think at that time will still play Wow. Unless something new comes from Swtor for sure next is Rift to resub again.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Sounds like a regular snooze fest.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I beg to differ.... My prediction is that Rift is slated to become the new King of mmo. With wow sucking bad now, swtor never really that good, and when the buzz of GW2 finally wears off and it will... People are going to be looking for a new home, wow used to be that home, but it has become a rather strange place, leaving Rift as the closest game that feels more like home. Keep up the good work Trion, its about to get hot up in here... 212? 451?
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Im resubing for the expansion the only thing that Rift was mising for me to stay indefinitely was housing :D