Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Terror From Beyond Video Diary

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With Game Update 1.4, Star Wars: The Old Republic players will have a new operation to check out. Called "Terror from Beyond", the premise is the escape of horrifying monsters on the Gree planet of Asation. Bioware has released a new video developer diary to show off some of what players will face in Terror from Beyond. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    a bit spoilerish but all in all it looks good. The tools for storytelling in thos game is solid as usual.

This have been a good conversation

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095
    I like to come in from time to time and read and watch some new updates that are being released for this game. I can say without any doubt, they still and never will get the essence of Star Wars. Huge hulking monsters and enemy's are just lame and so off, i'm still left speechless after not playing TOR for many many months now. The smallest of species and or creatures could be more dangerous than huge over blown WOWish monsters. TOR was pathetic when it released and still is today.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

You mean unlike the Krayt dragon, Rankor, Sarrlac and the huge astroid worm.

That being said, no it is not the "classic" era... And it was never intended to be. Had you tried any of the KoTOR games you woudl have know what you were getting. So i fail to see how anything in this game actually is "new" to you.

That being said i have been killed by droids smaller then me on several occasion. So do please explain what you were expecting from the game..?

This have been a good conversation

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome!
  • arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61

Star wars- Cthulhu?

It makes me so angry to see these videos. I mean how do you take millions of investment dollars, all the time and talent in the world, a great intellectual property, and F#@K up the Star Wars MMORPG.

Ugh.. this should have been the greatest thing ever... (facepalm)

• urbanosurbanos Member UncommonPosts: 13
    My Gosh... Is this really Star Wars game?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

So much for them saying we dont wat the same old type of raids where you have players doing mass atacks on the npc.  LoL that is exactly what this is,  not to epic.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Hmm " Terror from beyond video diary" thought this was going to be a behind the scenes documentory about swtor.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Nitth
    Hmm " Terror from beyond video diary" thought this was going to be a behind the scenes documentory about swtor.

I lol'd

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103
    To add a note I recently played KotOR 1 and 2 AGAIN and I do give +1 for the "loosing touch" on what Star Wars is all about. 

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by arcwest

Star wars- Cthulhu?

It makes me so angry to see these videos. I mean how do you take millions of investment dollars, all the time and talent in the world, a great intellectual property, and F#@K up the Star Wars MMORPG.

Ugh.. this should have been the greatest thing ever... (facepalm)

Never in my life played any game for nearly 8 months strait. Swtor so far is best game of all times and all genre, never enjoyed for so long so much.

Said this can not judge about pvp and endgame for which I could not care less. This is only reason I can immagine for obvious drop of sub numbers. For the rest ... game is perfect in any other possible ways.