Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The poll that answers all the questions all would want answered...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

How sore and dry are your nipples? I'm curious to see how much milk is Gregg milking off the playerbase right now.

You bought Guild Wars 2, but so far you have not spent a dime on its cash shop and do not intent/plan to in near future, you

choose 7th option BF only. Those who already bought GW2 or other MMORPG and spent $ in the cash shop choose 6th option, BF+CS

Those who are not playing anything at the moment, choose the last MMORPG and the way you were being milked by it.

Example: You used to play WOW, but never bought anything from store so choose the 2nd option.

So in what way Gregg is milking you atm or in other words how did you choose to access your current MMORPG?

Legend:

BF/EXP - Box fee and Expansion fee (milk required to access the game current and future content)

P2P - Pay to Play (Monthly fee, milk required to keep playing the game)

Cash shop - (Milk to access items ingame + other services like name/server/faction change, etc)

P.S: This is the ultimate poll that will show the future of where the genre is headed in near future :)

Comments

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Reserved.

• HunterrorHunterror Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I voted, not really sure what for, cuz this post doesn't make any sense. And who the hell is Gregg?
  • blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Terrorists didn't cause 9/11; cash shops did.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    What the....
    Originally posted by Hunterror
    I voted, not really sure what for, cuz this post doesn't make any sense. And who the hell is Gregg?

This poll is to show in what way you are being milked atm from your current/last MMORPG.

Is it box fee only or box fee + cash shop? :)

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Kopogero

This poll is to show in what way you are being milked atm from your current/last MMORPG.

You still didn't answer the question...

Who is Gregg?

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    This is a great follow up to your last ass backwards post about payment schemes. Congratulations on your lack of understanding.

And what exacly I do not understand oh clever one. How much it hurts to have sore nipples or?

You "if you pay any money at all for your mmo you are getting ripped off!" 

reality (the free mmo you play is of measureably lower quality and we are willing to pay not to deal with the faults in your game)

This is a great follow up to your last ass backwards post about payment schemes. Congratulations on your lack of understanding.

And what exacly I do not understand oh clever one. How much it hurts to have sore nipples or?

You "if you pay any money at all for your mmo you are getting ripped off!" 

reality (the free mmo you play is of measureably lower quality and we are willing to pay not to deal with the faults in your game)

Wrong, I said if you're paying more than $50 yearly on a MMORPG Gregg is surely happy :)

And wrong again, reality is that MMORPG's out there that people play for far cheaper it doesn't mean they are of lower quality. Why should I pay 3-5x more on a MMORPG that I would enjoy less? Higher cost doesn't mean lower quality. REALITY.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Carl132p Originally posted by Kopogero Originally posted by Carl132p
    You "if you pay any money at all for your mmo you are getting ripped off!"  reality (the free mmo you play is of measureably lower quality and we are willing to pay not to deal with the faults in your game)  
    Wrong, I said if you're paying more than $50 yearly on a MMORPG Gregg is surely happy :)

And wrong again, reality is that MMORPG's out there that people play for far cheaper it doesn't mean they are of lower quality. Why should I pay 3-5x more on a MMORPG that I would enjoy less? Higher cost doesn't mean lower quality. REALITY.

Because you may be enjoying the game and want to support those who make it? How far do you think your $50 a year goes for the cost of making and paying devs? How about future content?

Holy Cow! The "Give it to me free!" mentality is strong in this one.

PS: Nobody is milking me. If I enjoy a game, I spend money on it to support it. Stupid poll.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

TERA is milking me by being P2P, oh wait, other people pay for my subscription for me because I buy their chronoscrolls from the AH, so my spending on my current MMO is $0.

I also payed a friend in TERA gold to buy me GW2 and an old friend of mine bought me all the WoW expansions. 

MMOs don't milk me. lol.

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

You "if you pay any money at all for your mmo you are getting ripped off!"  reality (the free mmo you play is of measureably lower quality and we are willing to pay not to deal with the faults in your game)  

Because you may be enjoying the game and want to support those who make it? How far do you think your $50 a year goes for the cost of making and paying devs? How about future content?

PS: Nobody is milking me. If I enjoy a game, I spend money on it to support it. Stupid poll.

If you think you are supporting a game by spending more $ on it, you surely are lying to yourself. Ask yourself why is WOW going downfall despite the massive $ they milked over the decade?

If I want to support a game that I like I would be supporting it by playing it, thats enough. If it can manage to take $ off me for delivering what I want then I would pay for it. I am not going to donate as much $ I can out of pity for its tight and low budget. That tactic been overused over the years and I see apparently still works on players like you for milking.

In recent times we've seen the genre go forward, especially 2012 by how competitive MMORPG's are now and how harder they try to steal the market. This is best for us the playerbase, since we are finally starting to get far better quality for our milk. WOW was great experience for a lot out there and surely its not declining because of lack of milk.

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Who is Gregg?

Seriously though. Who is Gregg?

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538

If you think you are supporting a game by spending more $ on it, you surely are lying to yourself. Ask yourself why is WOW going downfall despite the massive $ they milked over the decade?

If I want to support a game that I like I would be supporting it by playing it, thats enough. If it can manage to take $ off me for delivering what I want then I would pay for it. I am not going to donate as much $ I can out of pity for its tight and low budget. That tactic been overused over the years and I see apparently still works on players like you for milking.

In recent times we've seen the genre go forward, especially 2012 by how competitive MMORPG's are now and how harder they try to steal the market. This is best for us the playerbase, since we are finally starting to get far better quality for our milk. WOW was great experience for a lot out there and surely its not declining because of lack of milk.

I beat you over the head with this last time bub wow is on the decline because theres only so many times you can play the same style of game before you don't want to anymore. The game has to eventually die and the devs have been moved over to the next game. 

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Mmm....milk. And for the record, I'm a BF/EXP+P2P+CS kinda guy.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    This poll fails because there is no "I'm not getting milked" option.

I beat you over the head with this last time bub wow is on the decline because theres only so many times you can play the same style of game before you don't want to anymore. The game has to eventually die and the devs have been moved over to the next game. 

WOW didn't die because of its style, it died because the style remained the same. With what Blizzard milked out of WOW if they invested half back into its development they could've made WOW to be WOW+SWG+GW2 all in one today.

WOW has 200+ servers, 90%+ of those are medium to empty, yet no server merges.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

LOL WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA

GENRE GOING FORWARD?

FINALLY STARTING TO GET FAR BETTER QUALITY?

WHERE? CAN YOU POINT ME WHERE? WHERES THE QUALITY?

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN WHERE HMS TORTANIC LIES?

Give me a break. Dont fool yourself. Come on.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by shaddy33
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Who is Gregg?

Seriously though. Who is Gregg?

They are referring to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXNwzKo5Yps

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

GW2, nothing in the cashshop (but bought gems for gold). At the moment I have more time than money (2 years ago it was the other way around) since I went back to school to add some more education.

I am not a cashshop fan anyways, I dont think I ever put money in a cashshop and I know for 100% certain that I havnt bought any gold ever.

Originally posted by Ghost12

LOL WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA

GENRE GOING FORWARD?

FINALLY STARTING TO GET FAR BETTER QUALITY?

WHERE? CAN YOU POINT ME WHERE? WHERES THE QUALITY?

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN WHERE HMS TORTANIC LIES?

Give me a break. Dont fool yourself. Come on.

The quality is mostly in the choice and value. By the pool so far thu only 23-30% max are spending their $ wisely. In 2012 you'll have the opportunity to access more high budget MMORPG's for free than ever before so surely genre is going forward. Companies becoming more realistic with their demand for what they deliver and thats good for the playerbase.