Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this laptop run it?

Looking for a game for my wife and I to play together.  I know my desktop will run GW2 just fine.  Her laptop not so much.

She has a Toshiba C650-00e.  I'm not sure of the speed (though I want to say 2.1 GHz), but there's 8GB Ram.  Can this even run GW2?  Even at low settings?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

The most important thing in a laptop is if it has a real graphics card in it or just an integrated intel chip card.

If it has a real graphics card, then you should be fine. I run GW2 on my laptop with no issues and very good fps at pretty good settings.

If it only has an integrated graphics card but has a decent processor you might be able to get away with running it on all of the lowest settings. The first time I loaded it up on my laptop it failed to auto switch to the good graphics card but I experimented with it and could play just fine with everything on low as far as PvE went. I'm not sure it would have held up to a 100 man battle in WvW though.

• EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23

More specific specs would help. Try going to computer, properties, device manager and giving us a video card model or type. Some of the C650 models may run it on low, but the model you gave us specifically yielded no results on specs. 

• Chris_FougereChris_Fougere Member Posts: 4

Just onboard graphics, she runs LOTRO fine on High with DX11.  I'm not home right now so I can't check the processor speed etc.

I'll look as soon as I can though.

thanks

Originally posted by Chris_Fougere

Just onboard graphics, she runs LOTRO fine on High with DX11.  I'm not home right now so I can't check the processor speed etc.

I'll look as soon as I can though.

thanks

I would be surprised if it was really only integrated graphics if she can run Lotro on fine on DX11 (also would be surprised to find the integrated graphics would be new enough to even support DX11).

But if she can in fact run LotRO on high, then she should be fine.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I was going to make my own thread, but i saw this.  I gave my son my old laptop, and was wondering if it will play guild wars 2 or not.  I was going to get him and everyone in the family a copy to play together for his birthday.  Here's the systems report

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II N850 Triple-Core Processor 6.3
    Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.9
    Graphics AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 4.2
    Gaming graphics 1917 MB Total available graphics memory 5.3
    Primary hard disk 277GB Free (575GB Total) 5.9
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    System
    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 3
    Storage
    Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB
    Disk partition (C:) 277 GB Free (575 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D:) 3 GB Free (21 GB Total)
    Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
    Disk partition (F:) 89 MB Free (99 MB Total)
    Graphics
    Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
    Total available graphics memory 1981 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 320 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1661 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.770.2.1000
    Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
    DirectX version DirectX 10
    Network
    Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
    Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Originally posted by Gravarg

I was going to make my own thread, but i saw this.  I gave my son my old laptop, and was wondering if it will play guild wars 2 or not.  I was going to get him and everyone in the family a copy to play together for his birthday.  Here's the systems report

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II N850 Triple-Core Processor 6.3
    Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.9
    Graphics AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 4.2
    Gaming graphics 1917 MB Total available graphics memory 5.3
    Primary hard disk 277GB Free (575GB Total) 5.9
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    System
    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 3
    Storage
    Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB
    Disk partition (C:) 277 GB Free (575 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D:) 3 GB Free (21 GB Total)
    Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
    Disk partition (F:) 89 MB Free (99 MB Total)
    Graphics
    Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
    Total available graphics memory 1981 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 320 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1661 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.770.2.1000
    Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
    DirectX version DirectX 10
    Network
    Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
    Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

It should be fine. Just make sure to open the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) and manually set the GW2 executable to run on high performance. HPs auto switch tends to almost never work properly on games so it will try to run it on the intel graphics card instead.
  • EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23

www.canirunit.com

is a good site to try as well.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by DAVIDMINDY

If she can play LOTR she can play GW2 

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=684&canMyGpuRunIt=Guild%20Wars%202

Don't agree.

My laptop is capable of playing comfortably Lotro on high details. Heck even very high is comfortable but have not played since it was glitchy (propably 256 vram was not enogh for VH since some textures were not loading completly on VH. on H was ok).

Still GW2 was giving me ~10 fps which is imho unplayable.

Have to play GW2 on desktop PC, my laptop cannot handle it.

@Gravarg

Imho I would not do it on this laptop. GW2 will run but will be very uncomfortable.

Originally posted by DAVIDMINDY

If she can play LOTR she can play GW2 

Sweet. 

Thanks

Originally posted by fenistil

@Gravarg

Imho I would not do it on this laptop. GW2 will run but will be very uncomfortable.

To be clear, I only play it on a laptop and it runs very smoothly with zero issues.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Looking for a game for my wife and I to play together.  I know my desktop will run GW2 just fine.  Her laptop not so much. She has a Toshiba C650-00e.  I'm not sure of the speed (though I want to say 2.1 GHz), but there's 8GB Ram.  Can this even run GW2?  Even at low settings? Thanks for any help.
    My Toshiba 650D-06T runs GW2 but gets around 15-30fps depending, I certianly can't pvp on it. It has a 2.5GHz CPU and 4GB ram, thing is I removed all the Toshiba software out from it and Windows 7 boots up significantly faster now.

Originally posted by sookster54

thing is I removed all the Toshiba software out from it and Windows 7 boots up significantly faster now.

That's all laptops now. They love to put on their own software that makes the system "better" but it bogs down the processes. A lot of people buy an HP for example and the first thing they do is wipe the system and start fresh.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Originally posted by fenistil

@Gravarg

To be clear, I only play it on a laptop and it runs very smoothly with zero issues.

I said specifically THIS laptop. This which Gravarg listed.

I am sure there are many laptops that will run GW2 comfortably. I am sure that there are even laptops that will run GW2 at full details at FullHD and with 60+ fps.

So I was not generalizing about laptops just saying my opinion about Gravarg son's laptop.

From what I can tell, this is her PC

AMD 350 1.6ghz, 8GB DDR3, Radeon HD 6310

We can live with low fps (like 20-25) if necessary

• HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103
    Well I play on an acer with 2gb ram, i3 processor, and a 1gb 540m.. Plays on medium settings fine.. Occasionally play on low settings with onboard intel4000

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

From what I can tell, this is her PC

AMD 350 1.6ghz, 8GB DDR3, Radeon HD 6310

We can live with low fps (like 20-25) if necessary

Run as opposed to make the computer spontaneously combust?  Probably.  Run at a playable frame rate?  Doubtful.  What you have is basically a relatively high end netbook.

While I haven't played GW2, there's a good chance that your graphics will be able to deliver a playable frame rate on hard minimum settings.  The processor is a different matter, however.  GW2 is very processor-intensive, and two Bobcat cores at 1.6 GHz isn't much of a processor.  People with twice as many cores at twice the clock speed and higher IPC are complaining that GW2 doesn't run well enough on their processor.