Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyones top 5 most anticipated mmo's.

Comments

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

1. Planetside 2

2. EQ: Next

3. Titan

4. Elder Scrolls

5. Neverwinter

There is a fairly large gap between 1 and 2, as I have played Planetside 2, and the other four I just want some info about or want to see how they turn out.

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104

1. ArcheAge

2. The Repopulation

3. Embers of Carus (sp?)

4. Pathfinder Online

5. hm... I dont have a 5, I was stretching on the 4 :) Here's to hoping something else will catch my attention in the near future.

Often lurking, rarely posting

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

1. The Repopulation

2. World of Darkness

3. Archeage

4. Firefall

5 Age of Wushu/Age of Wulin

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

WoD and Archage are the only ones I'm really looking at. Wildstar looks like it might be fun once in awhile but not keeping up with news on it or anything. 

1) WoD

2) Archage

3) Maybe Wildstar

Nothing else really looks that good to me. Elder Scrolls could have been good but that fell off my to watch list the day we got info on it lol. FFXIV Reborn... takes more than the time they had to start over and thats essentially what they needed to do. 

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Neverwinter!
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

1 :Archeage/The Repopulation

2 :Wildstar

3:Defiance/Miner Wars MO

4:The War Z

5:WOD/Project Theralon

p>
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    World of Darkness and ArcheAge are the only two games I am really looking forward to. After what I played of ArcheAge last beta, its a game worth waiting for. 
    1. World of Darkness
    2. ArcheAge
    3. Lineage Eternal
    4. Repopulation 
    5. Defiance

NOTE: You might as well take war 40k off the list it got canceled as an MMO like 4 months ago. Its going to be a single player game now. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Hmm, in case they are great, I am kind of interested (but cant say I really hold my breath for their release) into:

- EverQuest Next

- The Elder Scrolls Online

- World of Darkness Online

- Neverwinter Online

- ArcheAge

Not much information available though, and many look sandbox-y, full loot PvP, and/or free to play only, neither of which I am fond of.

Warhammer is very unlikely to be any interesting, I dont like being forced into racial PvP wars.

Of what little I heard of Titan, its a browser game and thus completely uninteresting to me.

Originally posted by Farstryder

It's not being scrapped. This is recent. From Smedley.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/28/soe-on-f2p-philosophy-and-everquest-next-silence/

Ah, sorry, but I've played Vanguard for how many years now ? I dont buy anything the marketing guys from Sony claim. I'll judge the final product, nothing else, thanks a lot. Though its nice to hear they dont want to do a WoW clone. I dont buy that either, though.

I understand completly. I feel the same way sometimes, however to be fair Eq was never a WoW clone so I do believe that.

Farstryder,

Great lists. Awesome information as well.

1) Can I have a link to confirm the warhammer 40 k  switch to single player?

2)  I'm glad alot of people are interested in Arch and WoD I really hope the Korean Dev XL( Jake Song) pushes the port to NA as soon as possible , else the desire could burn out, or it could fall out of the loop.

3) As for the GW2 expansions hopefully they add more skills choices per weapon/class and add the  Koda as a playable race lol.

Thanks for all the feed back alot of other choices that  I wanted on my list. I honestly believe even though we are harsh critics these days that alot of work goes into them, and almost every mmo has things that are good/great ideas or implementations that have been put into them.

P.s This list has me researching Black Desert now.  8)

Farstryder,

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

1. A true to the original sequel to Asheron's Call

2. A true to the original sequel to Ultima Online

3. Archage

4. A true to the original sequel or remake of SWG(pre-CU/NGE)

5. A true to the original sequel to Anarchy Online (with a good launch)

Honorary mention for a true to the original sequel for DAoC.

To my knowledge, the only one that has a remote chance of seeing the light of day is Archage, and that's not even for sure.

Nothing on the horizon other than Archage even moves the needle for me.  I see nothing in the foreseeable future worth getting excited about.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

1. A true to the original sequel to Asheron's Call

2. A true to the original sequel to Ultima Online

3. Archage

4. A true to the original sequel or remake of SWG(pre-CU/NGE)

5. A true to the original sequel to Anarchy Online (with a good launch)

Honorary mention for a true to the original sequel for DAoC.

To my knowledge, the only one that has a remote chance of seeing the light of day is Archage, and that's not even for sure.

Nothing on the horizon other than Archage even moves the needle for me.  I see nothing in the foreseeable future worth getting excited about.

I love Asheron's call.

Farstryder,

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I am pretty much DONE with MMORPGs. None of the current OR upcoming crop looks any more then a reskin of what is available elsewhere....and that is not saying much at that. Most of the MMO's today are just lacklust copies of one another. One possible (stressing possible) exception with that is War Z. However, even that will have to prove itself to me before I get on that bandwagon. If PS2 is to be considered an MMO, I would probably go with that as #1 at the moment though.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

1). AOC

2). WAR

3).AION

4).SWTOR

5). GW2

These were the 5 most  anticipated mmorpgs to date.  The hype behind them was immense.  They all were game changers, they all were going to kill wow or whatever that means...they all were innovative, revolutionary.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Archeage

Embers of Caerus

EQ Next

Neverwinter

TESO

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    1. PSO 2
    2. Star Wars Galaxies resurrection or a new SW MMO
    3. City of Heroes being saved
    Other than PSO 2, there are no future MMOs that I am mostly anticipating, unless they also have offline modes, and PSO 2 might, as PSO and PSU did.

For now, making the most out of
    • WOW
    • LOTRO
    • Champions Online
    • Star Trek Online
    • City Of Heroes
    • EQ/EQ2/Vanguard/DCUO while they are with SOE and not ProSieben
    • maybe EVE / Dust 514
    before they shut down (too)

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

Titan.

I am curious to see what Blizz comes up with.

The rest...we'll see. A bit sceptical.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

1 - ArcheAge

2 - The Elder Scrolls Online

3 - EQ Next

4 - FF Reborn ( probably wont play but still interested )

5 - That other MMO from Trion.. Forget the name.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Warhammer is canceled, so you have a long wait for that title.

Maybe Archage, nothing else looks half decent.   You know SOE does not have the devs to do a decent job on EQnext, Wod might be good, but CCP is taking their time with it and it will only have vampires initially which kind of kills pvp.

Looks pretty grim for the future atm.

As to the Elder Scrolls Online, Matt Frior is running that game and you can stop looking forward to that one, he will mess it up, it is what he does.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Maybe Archage, nothing else looks half decent.   You know SOE does not have the devs to do a decent job on EQnext, Wod might be good, but CCP is taking their time with it and it will only have vampires initially which kind of kills pvp.

As to the Elder Scrolls Online, Matt Frior is running that game and you can stop looking forward to that one, he will mess it up, it is what he does.

Link to that officially for Warhammer  please the site info does not say that.

As for EQ I will not give up hope there is alot that can happen that can change. If the same pS2 people work on it , it could be special

Elders Scroll.. I am very skeptical as well from what I've seen the reason it's not higher.

WoD would be number 1 but yes im aware of the vampires, however that does not kill pvp  Sabaat?  vs Camarilla?

Not to mention most clans don't get along. I was wishing for Fomorii, Rage ( Werewolves), Changeling ( the dreaming), Mage Ascension, Mummies, Hengeokai  ( not sure I spelled that right). Definetly dissapointed me but Im sure it can be added ust like a

wealth of content was added to eve. The outlook on MMO's has been grim for years but I continue to hope. What other choice do I

have.   Borderlands 2 ? lol...no but serious I am slightly excited fort that.    There will be other great games made history repeats itself people said there would never be another EQ success or that online games would never make this kind of money.  

Farstryder,

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112

1) Lime Odyssey

2) nothing

3) nada

4) nein

5) nope

Right now it's LO that has my focus. Nothing else excites me at all. Not that I'm not playing other games, but they'll be dropped the instant LO goes to Beta.

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by Farstryder
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Link to that officially for Warhammer  please the site info does not say that.

http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1678267&highlight=

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

ArcheAge, Titan, and EQ Next- aside from those I'll likely only be playing other genres.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I am most looking forward to the following games, in no particular order:

1. The Elder Scrolls Online
    2. Neverwinter
    3. The WarZ
    4. (maybe) Pathfinder Online

No other games are even on my Radar.  ArcheAge looks really bad (sad to say) and PS2 doesnt interest me as I can get the same feeling playing Call of Duty if I need a FPS fix.  The only reason why I pick WarZ is because of its setting and PvE style of surviving.  I would really, REALLY love to see a DayZ/WarZ ported over to a fantasy setting using MMO controls/skill bars and instead of Zombies have it be versus Undead, Vampires and Wear Wolves.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

1)WoD

2)Titan

3)Ps2

4)Archehage

5)Wildstar

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

1 - EQnext

2 - archage

3 - repopolation

4 - nothing

5 - nothing