Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista Points on Triple Monitor, Full Blast (5760x1080)

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Enjoy for your desktop wallpaper pleasure. You can find the full sizes in my member gallery. If you click on my name to the left, it will take you to my profile where it will list my latest gallery uploads. From there, if you click on one of the pictures, there will be a link that shows at the bottom of the pop-up that says "View Full Size".:

Comments

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Let me know if you have any special requests. I'll update the thread once I capture them.

I'm not a hardcore gamer and my hours online are limited, so the higher level zones I can't do just yet. I'm only level 30.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing :)

- and someone posting something positive and made for people who actually like and play the game deserves praise anyway!

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    I favorite is the last one with DR. Great angle. Since i'm not playing, i'd love to see some good shots from Orr.
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Stellus

Let me know if you have any special requests. I'll update the thread once I capture them.

I'm not a hardcore gamer and my hours online are limited, so the higher level zones I can't do just yet. I'm only level 30.

Yeah I do. Buy me two more monitors. image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Divinity's Reach blew my mind when I first saw it. The designers and art directors of this game really did an amazing job there.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

When you think about it, Vistas are such a minor feature but they go a long way in stimulating exploration and providing us eye candy by giving us the bird point of view of the area. 

A carrot in a stick that is related to exploration and not rewarding pew pew pew.

Thanks OP, these look amazing.

Sure thing! Not many finished games resemble their concept art as closely as GW2 does and I think the Vista Points are great at showing not only what the game looks like now, but also what the concept artists conceived it to be.

Updated with some new ones.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Timberlane Falls. That place is AMAZING
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    This is actually the first mmorpg im not using all 3 sceens for. Looks awesome but I am enjoying the story to much to watch it zoomed in right now. Once they let us move our interface ill probly go back to eyefinity though.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    This is actually the first mmorpg im not using all 3 sceens for. Looks awesome but I am enjoying the story to much to watch it zoomed in right now. Once they let us move our interface ill probly go back to eyefinity though.

Flawless Widescreen has a module for GW2 now.  It might not be completely bug free just yet, however, as it didn't function correctly when I tried it.  Worth a shot though!

Glad to see more people in an eyefinity setup.  I love the game environment in Eyefinity, 7680 x 1600 resolution here.

The requests for Timberline and Orr may take awhile. Those are in higher level zones and I'm still in my 30's. Given that I work a 9-5 job and I'm getting married next Saturday, I won't be making too much progress anytime soon. I'll keep them on the list though for when I do get there.
  • JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    3 monitors to play games?  Really=)
  • GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76
    These pics literally make my eyes hurt, lol. No offence! I think it's because my screen is small and I can't even view the whole full-size picture, only parts of it... XD I can't even imagine how to play a game on 3 monitors... That would make me motion sick.
    Added some, including a couple Lion's Arch shots.
    Originally posted by STDB
    These pics literally make my eyes hurt, lol. No offence! I think it's because my screen is small and I can't even view the whole full-size picture, only parts of it... XD I can't even imagine how to play a game on 3 monitors... That would make me motion sick.

You have to look at them head on in the center. The way AMD's Eyefinity and nVidia's Surround work, the outside monitors act to provide "peripheral" vision. Those monitors will mimic what the human eye sees outside central gaze in a three-dimensional plane.

In games, if something runs into your peripheral (on either of the two outside monitors), instead of turning your head to see what that thing is, you have to turn your camera in order to truly simulate the experience. If you look at the outside monitor from head on without turning your camera, you'll see just a stretched, almost blurry image that makes no sense. Your brain won't translate it the same as if you turn your character to place that section into your central monitor.

Therefore, if you try and use the full-size image on a single monitor as a desktop wallpaper, it may hurt your eyes. You'll have to crop the image how you want to get it to fit your monitor's resolution. So really, these wallpapers are meant for those with similar setups. All others will have to crop them down to their preference.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Stellus
    Originally posted by STDB

You have to look at them head on in the center. The way AMD's Eyefinity and nVidia's Surround work, the outside monitors act to provide "peripheral" vision. Those monitors will mimic what the human eye sees outside central gaze in a three-dimensional plane.

In games, if something runs into your peripheral (on either of the two outside monitors), instead of turning your head to see what that thing is, you have to turn your camera in order to truly simulate the experience. If you look at the outside monitor from head on without turning your camera, you'll see just a stretched, almost blurry image that makes no sense. Your brain won't translate it the same as if you turn your character to place that section into your central monitor.

I like to think of it as the stretching giving you a better ability to notice something when it's at the side of your peripheral vision :)

But yes, as you said, you turn the camera to look at something just as in real life you move your eyes to look at something.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Wow 3 screens =)

Nice shots by the way. I wish the site could display bigger images.

Originally posted by KhinRunite

Wow 3 screens =)

Nice shots by the way. I wish the site could display bigger images.

You can. If you click on my name to the left, it will take you to my profile where it will list my latest gallery uploads. From there, if you click on one of the pictures, there will be a link that shows at the bottom of the pop-up that says "View Full Size". I'll add this note to the OP.

I've added more photos to my gallery. Working my way through level 40 zones now.