Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game is a Buggy Mess

124»

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Stellus

Don't do anything with the economic portion of the game. Reports of lost gold/gems during exchange, lost deposits into bank, and auction house woes. Every zone I hit has at least 2 bugged out quest hubs. Don't bother with the Fire Temple Tombs - even if you do manage to kill the Champion mob that clips into the walls, his chest won't open.

Last night, I was randomly disconnected from the server. Surprise! The log-in server was down again and I couldn't log back in to finish an event I was in. Once I did, I was put back into the Overflow and was given zero credit for my work.

I enjoy the game, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done. This game needed more time to bake in the oven.

LOL, you were disconnected and couldn't go back in and the server was down .. did you POSSIBLY miss the server spam about "server shutting down in X minutes?  Fits the bill .. ArenaNet has been doing maintenace every night since launch.

Oh and way to go on telling about such a buggy game, where reports dictate your world.  Did you personally experience bugs?  Do you always listen to others who tell you what to do and what to think?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Karteli

Don't do anything with the economic portion of the game. Reports of lost gold/gems during exchange, lost deposits into bank, and auction house woes. Every zone I hit has at least 2 bugged out quest hubs. Don't bother with the Fire Temple Tombs - even if you do manage to kill the Champion mob that clips into the walls, his chest won't open.

Last night, I was randomly disconnected from the server. Surprise! The log-in server was down again and I couldn't log back in to finish an event I was in. Once I did, I was put back into the Overflow and was given zero credit for my work.

I enjoy the game, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done. This game needed more time to bake in the oven.

LOL, you were disconnected and couldn't go back in and the server was down .. did you POSSIBLY miss the server spam about "server shutting down in X minutes?  Fits the bill .. ArenaNet has been doing maintenace every night since launch.

Oh and way to go on telling about such a buggy game, where reports dictate your world.  Did you personally experience bugs?  Do you always listen to others who tell you what to do and what to think? Oh heres one for you, reports say WoW players are getting low ping ratings. Please reveal this report onto the WoW forums, because reports from other people nobody knows are very important!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Felheart5Felheart5 Member Posts: 35

Buggy mess may be a stretch, but it's not without issues every now and then. I booted up a new Norn character yesterday, and experienced three bugged DE's in my first eight levels. Annoying, but not game breaking. 

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    They are doing a great job at bug hunting. I must admit that first week I would see bugged DE every few hours, but I've seen none in the past 5 days.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    They are doing a great job at bug hunting. I must admit that first week I would see bugged DE every few hours, but I've seen none in the past 5 days.

Yeah, there are bugs there for sure, but they are squashing them pretty efficiently from what I see.

Nothing at all game breaking for me so far... I have had to miss a few DEs en route but I will catach them on my alt hopefully so no biggie.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I wouldn't say it's buggy. Seen a lot worse.

It's a mess, I'll give you that.

• PantericusPantericus Member Posts: 2
    I keep getting dc'd during massive pvp on WvWvW. It says theres a problem with the conection to the server or something, but nobody else is getting dc'd. I allowed all permissions on my firewall and I still get dc'd at least twice in a one hour period.. anyone else experience this?
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    No where near a 'mess' but there is quite a bit of bugged things, events in particularly are very buggy, often times seeing several events in one zone broken. Some Personal quest bugs preventing completion and a few other things here and there but its not completely horrible.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    What I am 80 and only seen a few things bugged out during the head start. Nothing major either. Also, haven't seen or heard post on the forums, facebook or chat about these issues. If you are having all this issues contact support, reinstall everything, update or system software and hardware. Something needs to be looked at.
  • StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Oh and way to go on telling about such a buggy game, where reports dictate your world.  Did you personally experience bugs?  Do you always listen to others who tell you what to do and what to think? Oh heres one for you, reports say WoW players are getting low ping ratings. Please reveal this report onto the WoW forums, because reports from other people nobody knows are very important!

The log in server went down. Not scheduled maintenance. Thanks for replacing my experience with your own scenario, though. It must be great living in a magical world where everything occurs based on how you think it should.

Also, you have anger issues.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

An exagerration for sure. With 1 million plus sold and millions more to be sold, your post offers little discussion value.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

For all of last week I had no trouble with WvWvW, but this week I've had some lag delay and super long queue times, the fact that majority of zones I go in on my server kicks me to overflow says that there's way more players now and the world vs world zones are full at almost all times now.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

People sometimes go too far with their comments here, I've been guilty of it as well. GW2 is not a buggy mess, does it have bugs? yes, are they so bad the game can't be played and enjoyed? no. I broke down and got the game just because there is no monthly fee and it didn't cost that much. Most of the time my toon runs around naked, that's a bug that bugs me. I was on an instance quest and it bugged on me but I was able to get through it. Crashes and all kinds of weird things happen and I'm just level 4 lol. Anyway, it's not a great game and it's not a bad one either but also it's only a couple of weeks old and if anyone doesn't think there will not be any bugs then they've never played an MMO before, that's just silly.

Peace,

Lascer