Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn?

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
I never really played Final Fantasy XIV but I know it failed to be the game that people wanted. So my question is will you try Reborn when it comes out seeing is that its supposed to be the game that the original should have been.

Comments

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I'll definitely be giving it a shot. I still have my old collector's edition collecting dust (my old FFXIV authenticator is still on my keychain, as a matter a fact heh), so I'll be there once they get it finished.

From everything I've read, and the videos I've seen, Reborn looks to be what the game should have been from the start.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    If they gave me a month or 2-week "welcome back" free trial I'd try it, evaluate it, and decide if it's the game I had hoped to have bought when it first released.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    No interest.
  • DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464
    I definitely would if it were a trial basis.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

well "yes".

I already have a sub to this game and play it casually. I have every intention of seeing the 2.0 version.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    I'd happily give it a whirl on trial. I'm not a fan of the franchise post 7, however.
  • dylangdylang Member Posts: 12
    I plan on it.
  • ant211ant211 Member Posts: 54

yes, im looking forward to giving the revamed game a try and i dont mind paying a fee if it keeps the game improving.

while i dont think ffxiv is great, i think its just as underrated as guild wars is overrated.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Will there be a free trial?  Otherwise, definately not.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Nope im done with P2p games.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I would have to trial it though.   Nto that i am looking for a freeby i actually have 3 active subscriptions (TSW,WOW -SOE all access for  planetside and EQ2) .I beta'd it and was very surprised how awful it was, I would like to give it a second chance because the orignial concepts for the game were really nice.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Ill give it a shot if its got a free trial... hell i was up for buying a digital copy but for some reason in the UK it was never available..

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Sure. We should be trying almost everything in gaming and life at least once.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Yep!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Sure I will. I have nothing but respect for the way SE have handled this retooling.

I bought the client for £5 a while back and I would like to support a sub game because I believe in the revenue model.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Yes!

It was already on my list of games I was looking to try and now that I read it is going to be redone, I am definitely picking it up.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Like any MMO I want to try it first.I'm not gonna buy it blind based on marketing and forum hype.
  • truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be P2P so I voted no.  No more subs for me.

there needs to be an option "I'm too cheap to pay a sub" for these polls.

Money has to come from somewhere, either cash shop or subscription.  By taking this stance you are saying "I would rather have others support the game than myself".

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    I am actively waiting for it. If they fixed XP I will be happy to play the game.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

They pretty much took everything that's great in FFXI/FFXIV and put it in a much better and easier to use client.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Originally posted by Psychow
    If they gave me a month or 2-week "welcome back" free trial I'd try it, evaluate it, and decide if it's the game I had hoped to have bought when it first released.

Originally posted by Decadentia

Originally posted by Vhaln

Originally posted by Zarriya
    I would have to trial it though.   Nto that i am looking for a freeby i actually have 3 active subscriptions (TSW,WOW -SOE all access for  planetside and EQ2) .I beta'd it and was very surprised how awful it was, I would like to give it a second chance because the orignial concepts for the game were really nice.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Ill give it a shot if its got a free trial... hell i was up for buying a digital copy but for some reason in the UK it was never available..

Yoshi has already confirmed that if you had an activated copy of the game they you automatically get 30 days free play on 2.0 ARR 

But I am sure more will become known after the 14th.....

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Obidom

Yoshi has already confirmed that if you had an activated copy of the game they you automatically get 30 days free play on 2.0 ARR 

I actually didn't know this... I was willing to give them some cash to try it.

Nice, thanks for info.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

Ty Obi, I think it is great that this company was willing to admit a mistake, and rework the game they way they are doing.  I have been following it, so I was aware of the offers for people who had purchased the game, hiowever I did not purchase the game.  I was all set too,  but changed my mind after beta - it was that bad sadly.  I have no problem paying for a game that i will play :) - but at the time the game was unplayable. here's hoping for 2.0!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

No, I never bought it.  Tried it at the end of beta, and not buying this "reborn" bit will be enough of an improvement to risk the box price on.  Not without some sort of trial, to see what they've done, first.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,378
    I will if they let us try a trail version first. If not I will just wait till the prices plummet or it flops again. They seriously have to have made some imporvements to combat though it was way to frackking slow.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.