Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feral Fanbois are hurting GW2 more than "Haters" ever could...

123457»

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Meleagar

I don't see how it's productive to call people fanbois or haters, unless it's just to rile people up. If you have a point about the game to make, make it. 

Mostly what I see happening when it comes to so-called "criticism" and avid, immediate fan reaction is when posters want to add things to the game, or change things, that would basically change the philosophy or structure of the game (even when they don't realize it, and think they are asking fro something simple or inclusive of other playstyles), and then all hellfire is rained down upon them.

If I wasn't playing the game so much, I'd join in that hellfire, because I want ANET to know in no uncertain terms that no, we do not want them adding/changing things that would reformulate the entire philosophy/structure of the game.

If you can't stand the hellfire, get out of the kitchen. I'm a fanboy that will rabidly defend the structural and philosophical integrity of GW2. I've waited too long for this game to let a vocal minority try to change it into the samo samo.

What about the threads that are completely exaggerating what GW2 is, features it has, and how it is "killing" other games off or how it is the new "Benchmark" for what an MMO should be?

Why are you vehemently ignoring those threads while concentrating on the negatives while dismissing differing opinions?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by SteeJanz

Well maybe I have rose colored glasses but I don't see everyone one that posts criticism as hater and I refuse to let other posters decide for me who is or who is not a hater.   The oversimplicification of labeling that you are doing is your problem not mine.  IMO, a hater is not someone that critizes a game.  A hater would be someone that misinforms others about the game or constantly makes threads bashing a particular game, or constantly posts negative comments in positive threads, etc...  It's a body of work type of thing instead of they posted this once type of thing. 

If you want to label everyone that has a positive thing to say about a game as a Fanboy and anyone that makes a negative comment about a game a hater, then go ahead.  Whatever honks your hooter.  However, I refuse to agree with you. 

/faceplam

This is what happens when you jump into conversation with blinders on. if anything i am against labels and was playing devils advocate with Badspock and trying to balance things out since both sides are at fault.

Facepalm? You are being really defensive and condescending. Isn't that the type of attitude you despise so much in the GW2 "feral fanbois?"

I'm just happy you are here to make sure everything is nice and balanced. Without you, who knows how much unfettered positvity might be spread about GW2 on this site? 

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

You know what's funny?

I have learned that the content of a post doesn't matter.  So long as the post is about fanbois/haters or extremely positive or negative about GW2, then the exact same things happens.

The usual suspects will line up on either side of the issue and repeat their same arguments over and over.  There is hardly any point in doing it any more.  The only thing that is a certainty here is that no one is going to budge.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Huh? haters can only be negative? what if a so called hater is giving a genuine criticism? i would say that is positive for the game. You are still failing to see both sides of the coin and focusing only one side.

Both haters and fans are capable of being positive and negative. 

And be my guest to tell these people who keep telling others how to enjoy the game or make topics like 'GW2 is overwhelming success so people who dislike it are just mad or jealous with its success ' that they are not fans. Would be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

I really mean this in the nicest way but your reply is ignorant.  In your attempt to argue with BadSpock you are missing his point.  A Hater will not give a genuine criticism.   Haters are not capable of being positive, just like a Fanboy will not be able to recognize a genuine criticism in which BadSpock has pointed out. 

Of course all of this is "IMO", which make anything I say ok. 

A hater is not a hater just because he gives a negative criticism the label comes after wards. But before calling me ignorant i would like to ask you in nicest way possible what the hell you have been doing on these forums if you didn't even notice a simple thing that often anyone who gives valid criticism is simple dismissed as a hater or a troll?.

Well maybe I have rose colored glasses but I don't see everyone one that posts criticism as hater and I refuse to let other posters decide for me who is or who is not a hater.   The oversimplicification of labeling that you are doing is your problem not mine.  IMO, a hater is not someone that critizes a game.  A hater would be someone that misinforms others about the game or constantly makes threads bashing a particular game, or constantly posts negative comments in positive threads, etc...  It's a body of work type of thing instead of they posted this once type of thing. 

If you want to label everyone that has a positive thing to say about a game as a Fanboy and anyone that makes a negative comment about a game a hater, then go ahead.  Whatever honks your hooter.  However, I refuse to agree with you. 

I

/faceplam

This is what happens when you jump into conversation with blinders on. if anything i am against labels and was playing devils advocate with Badspock and trying to balance things out since both sides are at fault.

If your going to play devils advocate then you should use a valid arguement otherwise it comes across as something other than being devils advocate.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Let's stay focused on discussing the actual game, and not the users posting about it.
This discussion has been closed.