Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feral Fanbois are hurting GW2 more than "Haters" ever could...

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by grimal

I don't consider the ones happy and excited about a game fanboys.

Fanboys are the ones who take it to a zealot-like nature and use this mask of "happiness" to cover their intolerance of anything different.

Exactly.

Those types of "fanbois" are still "haters" because they are negative and combative.

A "true" fan is positive and hurts no one.

And the "hater" who comes in to rain on someone's parade and piss in their cheerios is the worst of all.

"I love this game I'm having such a good time!"

Hater comes into thread - "Well, you're stupid and here is why..."

What does that help?

Though the "This game is better than YOUR game and YOUR stupid for liking that crap" is almost as bad as it is an open invitation for the hater to come in and play defender.

Thus you have 99% of threads on this website.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk
    Just take a look at forum subjects at gw2 and be amazed, lol. you'd think it's a flaming turd while it clearly is not (and no ifs and buts, it's a decent, very well made game that might not appeal to everybody, but reading just the subject headings you'd think it the worst disappontment snce vanguard)

As for swtor and ratings and your sharp memory, - i don't give a rat's turd about "official" paid reviews (some notable luminaries excepted). When checking what's the public's reaction to a game i always go to users average rating   on Metacritic. I've found it 100% accurate and corresponding both to the game's popular success AND my own enjoyment of the game. And no I never read the user reviews themselves because they are, for the most part, utter crap. However, the statistical result of all that bs is amazingly to the point and SWTOR's fate was written on that wall on the very first day it released.

I know it is hard for you to believe but there were actually those that enjoyed SWTOR. I seem to recall you giving them quite a hard time over there in some threads. Then again as usual since you like this game apparently everyone should and not have any issues.

It is perfectly okay.

/reads through thread

Because you sure as shit aren't the only one.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by Nikkita

bs. to the op. these forums are awash with negative trolling. just look what happened to poor mark kern who dared who voice his opinion (and who the f. is he anyway, just the guy behind D2 and WoW vanilla)

cmon don't make me laugh, the customer ratings this game has at metacritic and mmorpg are stellar and yet 4 out of 5 threads here are hater whines.

ridiculous

I have no idea wtf you are talking about. There are more topics started by so called fans just to flame the fire than the people you call haters. The best way to start flame war on GW2 forums is to be obnoxious and condscending and tell others 'you are doing it wrong'.

That is all it takes. And i laughed when you mentioned metacritic and mmorpg ratings as if that means anything because i remember how you used to get so offensive when players used to show you high ratings of SWTOR. But i guess not the ratings on these websites means somethign when GW2 is in question?

Yes some of us have very sharp memory.

Just take a look at forum subjects at gw2 and be amazed, lol. you'd think it's a flaming turd while it clearly is not (and no ifs and buts, it's a decent, very well made game that might not appeal to everybody, but reading just the subject headings you'd think it the worst disappontment snce vanguard)

As for swtor and ratings and your sharp memory, - i don't give a rat's turd about "official" paid reviews (some notable luminaries excepted). When checking what's the public's reaction to a game i always go to users average rating   on Metacritic. I've found it 100% accurate and corresponding both to the game's popular success AND my own enjoyment of the game. And no I never read the user reviews themselves because they are, for the most part, utter crap. However, the statistical result of all that bs is amazingly to the point and SWTOR's fate was written on that wall on the very first day it released.

Yeha yeah we know it all..when a game you hate gets high rating the reviewers are paid but when a game you like gets high ratings the reviewers are honest and very professional.

Atleast my views don't change according to my own bias. I never gave damn about critics before or user reviews and i still maintain that. the only rating that matters to me is of my own.

Fair enough, but why aren't you allowing others the same freedom of opinion? Lol, "haters and fanbois", that is so childish.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I don't know where these Feral Fanbois are coming from as I never had to deal with them this badly for even SWTOR. Quite frankly, I've been surprised to see all over these forums about how people are annoyed if not almost completely turned off by the rabid flaming of anything non-GW2, and how GW2 is being pushed to new heights of outlandish fanboism. It is REALLY pissing off normal GW2 fans, because when you rabidly fanboy all over GW2 you make the normal players whom are just trying to enjoy the game look bad, or at least that's how i've been reading they feel?

Now, I'll say this to put it out there. I'm not a "Fan" of GW2, but I did purchase it for $60, and do believe it is one of the best themeparks I've played. However, I know what GW2 is, and is not. So I won't go any further with it than that.

From my experience with previously overhyped titles I've had to deal with people calling me a "Hater" and an outright "Troll" because I said things like SWTOR being horribly linear, zero replayability, sub-par end-game, and a host of other straight-to-the-point statements. Ironically months later I see everything I was saying pre-release echoed throughout these forums.

Then, for GW2, I was flamed outright for calling "Dynamic Events" NOT "Dynamic" and more akin to static repeated branching SCRIPTED events. Not only was I flamed, but I experienced something I hadn't before with SWTOR. I was actually being contacted off this site by my personal email being asked to stop "Spouting nonsense you have no clue about" with regards to GW2 (I didn't even know my personal email was listed under my profile on here?).

Regardless, albeit longer than I originally wanted, my point is that you NEED to stop going crazy with this over-the-top fanboism. You're making the normal players who're just trying to enjoy GW2 for what it is, and you're hurting GW2 as a whole in the long term.

Please :(

...So in a forum specfically tailored to GW2, you aren't suppose to talk excitedly about the game you like? Mmmmk, got it. When you come to a forum specifically tailored to a certain game (GW2 subforums), it would be reasonable to expect these so-called "fanboy" posts, would it not?

And no, most people don't come to these forums. Vast majority of gamers don't even go to forums, unless they specifically need help on something. And even then, why would you go to MMORPG over websites tailored to the game a la guru, or the official forums?

I guess my point is, if you are bothered by people talking about the game they enjoy in the forums for THAT GAME, don't visit the forums. It's as simple as that. When you come to a forum designed for a certain game, and you put down that game, you are going to be flamed. It's honestly that simple. You may not think the game is the greatest thing ever, but that doesn't mean it's not the greatest game bobby joe shmoe has played. 

Nobody here really needs you to point out that there are faults in the game. Everyone knows that there are faults in the game, and that those faults may or may not just be personal opinion. When people post suggestions to the game in a constructive format (using proper english, and being polite), generally people are respectful. And most importantly, people are even more respectful if you aren't trying to speak for the gaming populace, and declare your opinion the only valid opinion.  Most people don't hate suggestions, but when you declare that the game will fail unless it has "x, y, and z", people are going to laugh at you. 

Every game has fanatical fans who don't look at areas where the game improves, and GW2 is no different in that regard. 

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Fanboi or hater - which is truly more destructive?

The hater. Why?

Negativity is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the fanboi may be ignorant, they may be "high" on hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their rose-colored glasses...

But who does positivity hurt? Who does their happiness and joy hurt?

No one.

Except the hater.

The fanboi. Why?

Obnoxious and condscending attitude is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the haters may be ignorant, they may be "disgusted" by hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their frustration and jaded outlok.

But who does this 'you don't get it' and 'you are doing it wrong' attitude hurt? Who does their obnoxious attitude hurts?

No one.

Except the fanboi.

It is all matter of prespective and which side of fence you are standing on. So before you call OP wrong i thought i would balance the scales here.

No, no you kind of missed the point.

The "fanboi" who is obnoxious and condescending is a hater. They are negative. They are toxic.

Positivity > Negativity.

Fanbois can be either positive or negative, haters really only negative.

Thus, haters are far more hurtful than fanbois (if they fanbois are positive) as positivity hurts no one.

Big differene between "This game is awesome I'm having so much fun!"

And "This game is so much better than X,Y,Z and ya'll are stupid/etc. for liking that crap!"

Huh? haters can only be negative? what if a so called hater is giving a genuine criticism? i would say that is positive for the game. You are still failing to see both sides of the coin and focusing only one side.

Both haters and fans are capable of being positive and negative. 

And be my guest to tell these people who keep telling others how to enjoy the game or make topics like 'GW2 is overwhelming success so people who dislike it are just mad or jealous with its success ' that they are not fans. Would be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

Bite Me

Fair enough, but why aren't you allowing others the same freedom of opinion? Lol, "haters and fanbois", that is so childish.

Why did i stop anyone from giving an opinion? doesn't mean i can not point the obvious hypocricy from time to time. I am neither a hater or fanboi. I am just a simple fan of GW2 who doesn't believe in tellinng others 'how to play the game'.

Bite Me

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

It is all matter of prespective and which side of fence you are standing on. So before you call OP wrong i thought i would balance the scales here.

The "fanboi" who is obnoxious and condescending is a hater. They are negative. They are toxic.

Positivity > Negativity.

Thus, haters are far more hurtful than fanbois (if they fanbois are positive) as positivity hurts no one.

And "This game is so much better than X,Y,Z and ya'll are stupid/etc. for liking that crap!"

Huh? haters can only be negative? what if a so called hater is giving a genuine criticism? i would say that is positive for the game. You are still failing to see both sides of the coin and focusing only one side.

And be my guest to tell these people who keep telling others how to enjoy the game or make topics like 'GW2 is overwhelming success so people who dislike it are just mad or jealous with its success ' that they are not fans. Would be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

No, someone who is positive and giving constructive criticism is NOT a hater.

It's so damned rare on MMORPG.com it's no surprise people have no idea what that looks like lol

And of course over-zealous fans are still fans, but the "fanboi" moniker is a negative one for a reason - they are still generating hate with their combative attitudes.

Hence why I said "if they fanbois are positive" but that means they aren't really "fanbois" they are just fans?

Just arguing semantics at this point - which is pointless.

But the jist of it is that positivity is never worse than negativity.

So I guess in that sense the OP is kind of right, the "feral" fanboi who is negative is not worse than the hater, they are just as bad.

But pointing that out and making a whole thread about it is a waste of time and does NOTHING but create further negativity and fan the flames, adding to the problem.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by jinxxed0

You have a point. Ironically, a lot of forum goers seem to be the most misinformed when it comes to MMOs in general. I still remember a time when most people actually thought WoW was original. Some even claimed that Everquest and a few other games that came before it were clones. Now days anyone (like myself) that doesn't really care for GW2 points out it's flaws, they say "go back to WoW" even though I never played it because it's generic and overrated like GW2 and at least GW2 is *that* generic with most of it's features. But it seems like the "WoW babies" and people who came in afterwards are the ones who get into fanboy overdrive mode. That includes many of moderators and admins on this forum who give me warnings for pointing out flaws in certain MMOs they like.

Those of us who came in long before MMOs were mainstream are fanbyed out. Give it 5 or 6 more years, and these millions of peopel whose first MMO was WoW will hopefully start to know better. Maybe 7 or 8 years.

This is exactly the kind of post that makes these forums so toxic. You manage to insult just about everyone on MMORPG.com at the same time you make yourself sound so much more enlightened and thusly arrogant.

I've been MMO gaming since 1999 and have been on this site (obviously) since 2004.

I disagree with you on all of your points and could (given the motivation) write you up a beautiful critique as to why GW2 is so refreshing after 8 years of MMO stagnation, but you'd just ignore it.

Stop feeding flames. Talk about games, not gamers. Stick to your sub-genre / topics and discuss things you enjoy/dislike with like-minded gamers.

Again, you're being highly hypocritical BadSpock. Gamers affect Games, and what you're essentially saying is that no one should ever post their opinion on anything whatsoever unless it is a positive approach towards that specific game.

Jinxxed0 was correct in that regard, and sure he could have gone without the "WoW Babies" comment. However, he pointed out that opinions twist and turn when left unchecked to morph into lies or general misrepresentations of the truth. Maybe his opinion was a bit more out there than others, including my own...sometimes, but that doesn't mean he was wrong for saying it.

I think you're not being geniune to your idea of leaving people to their specific sub-genre when you yourself are attacking people outside of your own "normal sub-genre".

He had every right to say what he thinks, and for the most part I agree with him save for the direct insults he implied.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by TdogSkal
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Come on, The people who come to this forums are hardly "Normal" players, that is just common sense.  Try it some time.

Most gamers never read forums other then the game they are playing forums.  This forum has less people then a a normal server in MMORPG game.  Its not even 1% of MMORPG gamers come to this or any other game site.

Please just stop with your nonsense and learn some common sense.

You're not a "Normal Player" of any MMOs on these forum, or are you simply not a normal play of GW2 and you post on these forums about GW2?

I completely disagree that "Normal" GW2 players do not come to this forum. That makes complete and utter nonsense. That's like saying only Nascar fans come on these forums to post, or SWG players are posting in the WoW & GW2 forum without ever touching either.

Why are you on this forum if you have no vested interest in ANY game on these forums? What's your purpose for posting on this forum then if you're not a "Normal Player" like everyone else?

I am not a "Normal" player.  Again common sense try it sometime.   Normal players are causal players, same thing.  We are hardcore gamers or where at one point, hense we come to forums like this and talk about games, all games not just the ones we have played or are playing.  The "Normal" gamer goes to the forums of the game they are playing sometimes if they even go to a forum at all.   Most gamers never touch forums of any kinds.

I game with a group of Real life friends, out of the 5 of us, only I come to sites like this, the rest of my friends do not care about other games, they care about the game they are playing and could careless about forums like this.

That is common sense.  if "Normal" gamers came to this forum like you are suggesting, this forum would have a few million users, it does not.   Its not rocket science.

I am willing to bet that out of all the people that play Guild Wars 2, less then 1% comes to this forums.  If less than 1% comes to these forums, then the 1% cannot be the "Normal" gamer.  

Using your example, yes only a certain group of Nascar fans go to Nascar fan websites and forums, not all of them and not even most of them.  Most Nascar Fans might watch news or hit general sports sites but not many talk on the forums about the races and the tracks and the drivers.  Only a small group of Nascar fans do this.  Same with the gaming community, only a small group use forums like these, the majority do not care about these type of forums.

Exactly. And of that small group that goes to the sites and reads them, an even smaller group takes to the forums to read about or engage in discussions. I had brought this up not long ago as it's something I've encountered in positions on both the fansite side and the developer side of player communities.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

Sure, there is some bad fanboyism going on in these forums, but by far the majority of hyperbole going on is coming from the hater camp. 

Why is it that I keep hearing about how GW2 was supposed to be the second coming ---  from the haters? 

I think the people criticising this game need to realise that it wasn't the majority of fans hyping this game that is causing this problem, but instead that the critics have overinflated the claims being made by the fans.  Well that's my impression anyway.

The game is fantastic and no amount of forum PvP is going to change that (The WvWvW queues do need sorting though!).

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I don't know where these Feral Fanbois are coming from as I never had to deal with them this badly for even SWTOR. Quite frankly, I've been surprised to see all over these forums about how people are annoyed if not almost completely turned off by the rabid flaming of anything non-GW2, and how GW2 is being pushed to new heights of outlandish fanboism. It is REALLY pissing off normal GW2 fans, because when you rabidly fanboy all over GW2 you make the normal players whom are just trying to enjoy the game look bad, or at least that's how i've been reading they feel?

Now, I'll say this to put it out there. I'm not a "Fan" of GW2, but I did purchase it for $60, and do believe it is one of the best themeparks I've played. However, I know what GW2 is, and is not. So I won't go any further with it than that.

From my experience with previously overhyped titles I've had to deal with people calling me a "Hater" and an outright "Troll" because I said things like SWTOR being horribly linear, zero replayability, sub-par end-game, and a host of other straight-to-the-point statements. Ironically months later I see everything I was saying pre-release echoed throughout these forums.

Then, for GW2, I was flamed outright for calling "Dynamic Events" NOT "Dynamic" and more akin to static repeated branching SCRIPTED events. Not only was I flamed, but I experienced something I hadn't before with SWTOR. I was actually being contacted off this site by my personal email being asked to stop "Spouting nonsense you have no clue about" with regards to GW2 (I didn't even know my personal email was listed under my profile on here?).

Regardless, albeit longer than I originally wanted, my point is that you NEED to stop going crazy with this over-the-top fanboism. You're making the normal players who're just trying to enjoy GW2 for what it is, and you're hurting GW2 as a whole in the long term.

Please :(

This site is so cute. Look, check the online users for the site. It's the same 300-400 on all the time at peek and less during normal hours. As such, there are known groups of people who like and dislike certain things, which is pretty evident. Trust me when I say that no one who post on this site is hurting a game by either hating it or being a rabid fanboy. It's a tiny fraction... a very small sample of a user group. How many people are playing Gw2? Now how many people post on this site? Do the math. It's irrelivent to the success, or downfall of a game. 

I'm a "normal" player. By no means a fanboy or a hater. I'm currently playing and having fun. So I just ignore it. If you don't like it, just leave it be and play something else.. if you love it, just play it. I have seen quite a few post from you regarding not diggin the game instead of just playing something else. Post like the one you made above are just inciting more of the extremist from the woodwork....

I must say though, it's sad that people are contacting you off the site, that's just uncalled for... You should hide or remove your email. 

Positivity > Negativity.

It's so damned rare on MMORPG.com it's no surprise people have no idea what that looks like lol

And of course over-zealous fans are still fans, but the "fanboi" moniker is a negative one for a reason - they are still generating hate with their combative attitudes.

Hence why I said "if they fanbois are positive" but that means they aren't really "fanbois" they are just fans?

So I guess in that sense the OP is kind of right, the "feral" fanboi who is negative is not worse than the hater, they are just as bad.

But pointing that out and making a whole thread about it is a waste of time and does NOTHING but create further negativity and fan the flames, adding to the problem.

I gave thoughtful, drawn out, criticisms & concerns for SWTOR and I was called a hater by more people than I can recall, including you.

I did the same for TSW, got an overall positive response, but I was still called a troll & hater by some.

I also remember when you flamed me for speaking out about TESO being a SWTOR-clone, which it represented itself to be by the Lead Developer himself.

It's very hard for me to read things like this from you and then you turn around and say something else the next month BadSpock.

I don't agree at all. I see plenty here that bring up valid points, issues, or debates.Just as I do on the positive spectrum. Many times they do simply get dismissed as haters or fanboys relative to the topic. Are there there plenty just looking to get a rise as well? Of course...

Still I see valid discussions being made all the time here about the positives and negatives. Simply have to wear some hip waders at times.

But it is a message board so frankly should be expected.

I have also seen some good topics folks have made get buried by just as many fans as haters because they feel it is a lot more important to post in a topic like "This is a great game....for me to poop on!" which is very unfortunate. Much as some like to bitch about the topics they feel are here to incite hatred and trollish they sure have a knack for posting in those more often.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Tawn47

Sure, there is some bad fanboyism going on in these forums, but by far the majority of hyperbole going on is coming from the hater camp. 

Why is it that I keep hearing about how GW2 was supposed to be the second coming ---  from the haters? 

I think the people criticising this game need to realise that it wasn't the majority of fans hyping this game that is causing this problem, but instead that the critics have overinflated the claims being made by the fans.  Well that's my impression anyway.

The game is fantastic and no amount of forum PvP is going to change that (The WvWvW queues do need sorting though!).

Because the fans are the ones that pressed that point, and "haters" got tired of hearing it in OTHER game's forums such as TSW, EQ, DAOC, RIFT, ArchAge, etc.

I believe you're exchanging "Hater" in place of "People who have differing opinions than I have".

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

I really mean this in the nicest way but your reply is ignorant.  In your attempt to argue with BadSpock you are missing his point.  A Hater will not give a genuine criticism.   Haters are not capable of being positive, just like a Fanboy will not be able to recognize a genuine criticism in which BadSpock has pointed out. 

Of course all of this is "IMO", which make anything I say ok. 

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

I am fan of GW2 not a fanatic.

But fan is short for fanatic, unless you are saying you move air around.  I see what you are trying to say though. image

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I don't agree at all. I see plenty here that bring up valid points, issues, or debates.Just as I do on the positive spectrum. Many times they do simply get dismissed as haters. Are there there plenty just looking to get a rise as well? Of course...

Still I see valid discussions being made all the time here about the positives and negatives. Simply have to wear some hip waders at times.

The issue at hand currently though is that almost no form of "positive criticism" is accepted on these forums anymore. The moment you point out one flaw you get attacked as a "hater" and "troll".

If I see a horrible flaw I'll say it outright and to the point what I feel that it is. I've even had people in the past claim I was claiming 100% facts when they were merely strong opinions based on experiences I've had with that specific topic.

I almost don't see a point in posting on these forums anymore when ANY differing opinion is treated as an instant /ignore. It's almost depressing.

Originally posted by SteeJanz

I really mean this in the nicest way but your reply is ignorant.  In your attempt to argue with BadSpock you are missing his point.  A Hater will not give a genuine criticism.   Haters are not capable of being positive, just like a Fanboy will not be able to recognize a genuine criticism in which BadSpock has pointed out. 

A hater is not a hater just because he gives a negative criticism the label comes after wards. But before calling me ignorant i would like to ask you in nicest way possible what the hell you have been doing on these forums if you didn't even notice a simple thing that often anyone who gives valid criticism is simple dismissed as a hater or a troll?.

Bite Me

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

The hater. Why?

Sure, the fanboi may be ignorant, they may be "high" on hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their rose-colored glasses...

No one.

Except the hater.

The fanboi. Why?

Obnoxious and condscending attitude is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the haters may be ignorant, they may be "disgusted" by hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their frustration and jaded outlok.

But who does this 'you don't get it' and 'you are doing it wrong' attitude hurt? Who does their obnoxious attitude hurts?

No one.

Except the fanboi.

It's a game.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Flaming_MMO

I am fan of GW2 not a fanatic.

But fan is short for fanatic, unless you are saying you move air around.  I see what you are trying to say though. image

If you're using the "Direct" definition of Fan which is Fanatic then yes. However, that is nothing but semantics.

Why must you poke the dragon with a sharp stick in the eye ;)?

Originally posted by SteeJanz

A hater is not a hater just because he gives a negative criticism the label comes after wards. But before calling me ignorant i would like to ask you in nicest way possible what the hell you have been doing on these forums if you didn't even notice a simple thing that often anyone who gives valid criticism is simple dismissed as a hater or a troll?.

I don't think he was making a valid point, but more than likely he was simply trying to shut down your response and dismiss it.

In my opinion BadSpock was wrong in what he said on both replies, but i've already responded to those so I won't repeat them here.

Regardless, I believe SteeJanz is the one who is being ignorant here. He ignores the falacies BadSpock puts forth without getting the "point" of why "Hater" is thrown about so willy-nilly without even a coherant reply as to why they're being labeled as such.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Thats all i see is the many hundreds of different happy gamers i have the pleasure of playing with in game everyday in a game to where no 2 characters look exactly alike and the action and fun is as slow or fast, hard or easy as you want it to be..

To me personally GW2 is the greatest game ever made and i just cant get enough of it and i am way far from being alone here..

Playing GW2..

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I don't agree at all. I see plenty here that bring up valid points, issues, or debates.Just as I do on the positive spectrum. Many times they do simply get dismissed as haters. Are there there plenty just looking to get a rise as well? Of course...

The issue at hand currently though is that almost no form of "positive criticism" is accepted on these forums anymore. The moment you point out one flaw you get attacked as a "hater" and "troll".

Another issue is that almost no form of "positive praise" is accepted on these forums anymore. The moment you point out something that you like about the game, you get attacked for being a "fanboi" or being "feral."

Originally posted by Amjoco

The hater. Why?

No one.

Except the hater.

The fanboi. Why?

No one.

Except the fanboi.

It's a game.

i think Badspock also needs to hear this as much as i do.

Bite Me

If I see a horrible flaw I'll say it outright and to the point what I feel that it is. I've even had people in the past claim I was claiming 100% facts when they were merely strong opinions based on experiences I've had with that specific topic.

I almost don't see a point in posting on these forums anymore when ANY differing opinion is treated as an instant /ignore. It's almost depressing.

They seem the same to me. I've been called a fanboy or hater pending on the topic at hand with mmos by those gems since...well I've been going to forums for mmos.

This discussion has been closed.