Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feral Fanbois are hurting GW2 more than "Haters" ever could...

Comments

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

[snip]  image

Good luck with that... Seems there is no stopping these people...

Yeah the very fact that anytime anyone said well thought out fact based posts on other games and were shot down because of it means that these forums are very biased. same goes for TSW TERA. 

GW2 "fanbois" who've had the privilege of being well informed due to transparency, something all the other companies should learn from, doesn't mean we're wrong and doesn't mean we should be silenced. What's really happening is the haters poor things, have lost so many arguments that they are now whining because they aren't allowed to just say anything they want without someone proving them wrong with examples, captures, videos, facts.

You mean facts like gear means nothing in PVP and a low lvl is on same footing as lvl 80? or the fact that what you do in Tyria changes tyria? (interestingly later on fans back tracked to saying devs were only talking about personal stories). No shit ....ofcourse devs were talking about personal stories but fans twisted the meanign to spread wrong info.

So what facts you are talking about? i have read so much BS on these forums and finally when i played GW2 i realised it was all exaggeration.

I am still having fun but so called facts given by these fans is something i would avoid like a plague because msot of it is just like i said..BS.

I'm sorry you didn't understand what you read ...in a previous post it was explained to you about 5 times ...you are welcome to have any opinion you want (more power to you) but when something is a fact good or bad whether you understand it or not it's a fact !!

I already mentionedd 'exaggeration' and 'twisting the facts' part. So nope i read exactly how it was meant. But actual gaming experince was completely different. Point being that this is the last place i will look for facts.

And i am sure others can confirm it too because these two points were brough up numerous times.

Bite Me

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by Creslin321

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that neither fanbois nor haters have any impact on GW2.  In fact, I would even say that the amount of impact that either of these parties have amounts to (Matt Foley voice here) JACK SQAUT!

The only things fanbois and haters hurt are each other.  And they enjoy doing this...over, and over, and over, and over...

I mean think about it...do fanbois and haters harass the devs?  No, they harass each other and that's about it.

To some degree I will agree with you.

However, believe it or not (as i stated before) developers do come on here and read this stuff to get an impression of how the game is affecting the market. Surprisingly (and Kudos to MMORPG.com) you'd be shocked at how much outward facing visibility we get on here.

So I do believe it has "some" affect on the market when either side goes too far.

Even if they do come here and read stuff about the game, this is the fanboi/hater rhetoric they are going to see:

1.  OMG worst game ever!  So bad!  Darkfall is way better!

2.  Best game ever!  OMG, my life now has meaning!  Thank you ANet, thank you God!

I don't see how either of those could influence any sane person.  The devs may read notes from concerned fans saying "hey this needs to be fixed" and be influenced, but there's nothing wrong with that.  Honestly, my feeling is that if you allow yourself to be influenced by fanboi/hater rhetoric, then you're really not all that smart...and I think the ANet devs aren't idiots :).

To be fair, I'm more worried about the overall opinion of the GW2 community that is being influenced by forumWarz rather than its affect on developers.

I might have misrepresented this in my OP, but I'm not sure offhand where that might have been. I'll have to reread it ;)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

The word "Dynamic" cannot be subjectively viewed.

i believe it can

when i say -- GW2 quests are more dynamic than RIFTs rifts

i guarantee you, this is open for debate due to how everyone defines "dynamic"

Originally posted by just1opinion

The only people I have on ignore are people who I've found to be consistently trolling.  I come to this thread and find.....the OP is on ignore.  So I didn't read the OP, but I will say this.  GW2 has had it's fair share of so-called "haters," and the "fanbois" are just happy they found "their" game.  I think the issue is why do people who don't PLAY that game continue to make threads about it or about its' fans?

Get.....a.....life.

edit:

I'm probably on ignore for the OP since I've had positive things to say about GW2, so he won't be reading this, but I responded for the principal of the matter, not necessarily for him specifically.

Posts like this are a key example of what I'm talking about.

She/He claims:

-I don't play GW2, which is false. I've stated multiple times I bought the game and play it casually when I have time.

-Has me on ignore because they claim I'm a hater/troll because they disagreed with what I had to say (childish).

-Assumes I have them on ignore for their opinion, which surprisingly I find putting people on ignore is akin to shutting down all opinions & views without even considering it.

Posters like this are what I consider a problem. Why is just1opinion even participating on a forum if they ignore anyone else's opinion that conflicts with their own?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Slampig

[snip]  image

Good luck with that... Seems there is no stopping these people...

Yeah the very fact that anytime anyone said well thought out fact based posts on other games and were shot down because of it means that these forums are very biased. same goes for TSW TERA. 

GW2 "fanbois" who've had the privilege of being well informed due to transparency, something all the other companies should learn from, doesn't mean we're wrong and doesn't mean we should be silenced. What's really happening is the haters poor things, have lost so many arguments that they are now whining because they aren't allowed to just say anything they want without someone proving them wrong with examples, captures, videos, facts.

You mean facts like gear means nothing in PVP and a low lvl is on same footing as lvl 80? or the fact that what you do in Tyria changes tyria? (interestingly later on fans back tracked to saying devs were only talking about personal stories). No shit ....ofcourse devs were talking about personal stories but fans twisted the meanign to spread wrong info.

So what facts you are talking about? i have read so much BS on these forums and finally when i played GW2 i realised it was all exaggeration.

I am still having fun but so called facts given by these fans is something i would avoid like a plague because msot of it is just like i said..BS.

I'm sorry you didn't understand what you read ...in a previous post it was explained to you about 5 times ...you are welcome to have any opinion you want (more power to you) but when something is a fact good or bad whether you understand it or not it's a fact !!

Fanatical fanboy Fact: "Everything Anet promised was delivered! LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME!"

Hater Fact: "OMG the concurrent users DROPPED MONDAY MORNING, the game is a FAILZ!"

Actual Fact: Guest feature was unable to make it at release and was pushed back until further notice. Everything promised was not delivered, but the game is fun  & I see quite a few people STILL playing.

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79
    The fanbois, the haters and these forums could go away and there would be no impact to GW2. It's called self-importance.
  • GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Every now an then I meet people I refer to as Evangelical Vegetarians. They are not happy just being Vegetarians themselves, they feel that everyone else must be a vegetarian as well. It is really quite annoying.

Heh, try telling someone you're vegetarian. Anyone, it doesn't matter.

See what happens...

You might just find that it's not just vegetarians who are evangelical about what other people eat.

Anyway, back OT. @OP if you're getting personal emails regarding what you post here, that's a problem and something that you've every right to complain about.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

bs. to the op. these forums are awash with negative trolling. just look what happened to poor mark kern who dared to voice his opinion (and who the f. is he anyway, just the guy behind D2 and WoW vanilla)

cmon don't make me laugh, the customer ratings this game has at metacritic and mmorpg are stellar, they had to pause their sales (!!!!!) because of unprecedented demand driven mostly by word of mouth and yet 4 out of 5 threads here are hater whines.

ridiculous, what a den of trolls and shills this site is

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Only people not interested in playing a game in the first place will care about fanboys or not.

It is also extremely easy to avoid fanboys - just avoid forums.

Like it is easy to avoid haters - just avoid forums.

Normal players don't go to forums.

I disagree wholeheartedly. These forums are read by normal players AND developers of other games in order to get a "feel" for the reception of certain titles. They understand the "waves" that happen, and do continue to watch regardless of the crazyness that goes on.

The normal players also come on here for discussions about GW2 and other games. Since when did non-players of a specific product not come on these forums? That makes absolutely zero sense.

If rampant threads of "this game is the best game EVER!" were just left unchecked without a dose of reality then the market would get the wrong impression of the actual impact the game is having. This leads to future games being affected with little to no interaction from the playerbase. This can further be a horrible affect as it can cost good hardworking intelligent people their jobs because their bosses couldn't get a clear picture of the market due to the "muddying" of what the actual impact of the product was.

Also, fanboys are all over the in-game map chat, and other game forums. I even had the disatisfaction of seeing an argument between 9 people in /map last night in Kessex Hills about how every game prior to GW2 is utter nonsense. That obviously spiraled down into "Go back to WoW" comments, something about hitler, and then a comment about someone's mother.

Maybe I'm playing on the wrong server? (Yak's Bend)

Come on, The people who come to this forums are hardly "Normal" players, that is just common sense.  Try it some time.

Most gamers never read forums other then the game they are playing forums.  This forum has less people then a a normal server in MMORPG game.  Its not even 1% of MMORPG gamers come to this or any other game site.

Please just stop with your nonsense and learn some common sense.

Sooner or Later

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

bs. to the op. these forums are awash with negative trolling. just look what happened to poor mark kern who dared who voice his opinion (and who the f. is he anyway, just the guy behind D2 and WoW vanilla)

cmon don't make me laugh, the customer ratings this game has at metacritic and mmorpg are stellar and yet 4 out of 5 threads here are hater whines.

ridiculous

I have no idea wtf you are talking about. There are more topics started by so called fans just to flame the fire than the people you call haters. The best way to start flame war on GW2 forums is to be obnoxious and condscending and tell others 'you are doing it wrong'.

That is all it takes. And i laughed when you mentioned metacritic and mmorpg ratings as if that means anything because i remember how you used to get so offensive when players used to show you high ratings of SWTOR. But i guess now the ratings on these websites means everything when GW2 is in question? convenient.

Yes some of us have very sharp memory.

Bite Me

Originally posted by TdogSkal

Only people not interested in playing a game in the first place will care about fanboys or not.

I disagree wholeheartedly. These forums are read by normal players AND developers of other games in order to get a "feel" for the reception of certain titles. They understand the "waves" that happen, and do continue to watch regardless of the crazyness that goes on.

The normal players also come on here for discussions about GW2 and other games. Since when did non-players of a specific product not come on these forums? That makes absolutely zero sense.

If rampant threads of "this game is the best game EVER!" were just left unchecked without a dose of reality then the market would get the wrong impression of the actual impact the game is having. This leads to future games being affected with little to no interaction from the playerbase. This can further be a horrible affect as it can cost good hardworking intelligent people their jobs because their bosses couldn't get a clear picture of the market due to the "muddying" of what the actual impact of the product was.

Also, fanboys are all over the in-game map chat, and other game forums. I even had the disatisfaction of seeing an argument between 9 people in /map last night in Kessex Hills about how every game prior to GW2 is utter nonsense. That obviously spiraled down into "Go back to WoW" comments, something about hitler, and then a comment about someone's mother.

Come on, The people who come to this forums are hardly "Normal" players, that is just common sense.  Try it some time.

Most gamers never read forums other then the game they are playing forums.  This forum has less people then a a normal server in MMORPG game.  Its not even 1% of MMORPG gamers come to this or any other game site.

You're not a "Normal Player" of any MMOs on these forum, or are you simply not a normal play of GW2 and you post on these forums about GW2?

I completely disagree that "Normal" GW2 players do not come to this forum. That makes complete and utter nonsense. That's like saying only Nascar fans come on these forums to post, or SWG players are posting in the WoW & GW2 forum without ever touching either.

Why are you on this forum if you have no vested interest in ANY game on these forums? What's your purpose for posting on this forum then if you're not a "Normal Player" like everyone else?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Fanboi or hater - which is truly more destructive?

The hater. Why?

Negativity is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the fanboi may be ignorant, they may be "high" on hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their rose-colored glasses...

But who does positivity hurt? Who does their happiness and joy hurt?

No one.

Except the hater.

You are wrong in every.single.one of your "conclusions" Faded in this entire thread. All you are doing is fanning the flames, adding to the problems on this website and with this community, not doing a single thing to help or foster constructive, meaningful discussion.

Sure, hating can be fun - we've all done it and I know I have (sometimes often) on specific games and I'm sure it makes the fans of those games just as hurt as the haters hating on games I tend to champion.

But I can admit that. I can admit that I certainly do troll on occassion and offer up my little "gotcha" posts on the forums of games that I dislike and/or see differently than that game's fans do.

I try to not do that as much anymore. As I try to not be so adament in my "defense" of games I do enjoy. I try and just talk about games instead of talking about gamers.

The only thing(s) that still really irks me and brings out the fanboi defender in me is misinformation - blatantly incorrect statements from both haters and fanbois (though mostly haters as the fanbois are often better informed) that do nothing but fan flames... and blatant trolling through overly negative and combative word choice and writing style.

But to suggest that positive, optimistic, happy fans do more harm than negative, pessimistic, disgruntled "haters" is just an assinine conclusion.

The BEST and only "fix" to this "problem" is not begging fanbois to tone down their excitement, but instead to simple ignore the flames, trolls, and troll bait posts and posters.

Haters need an audience and they need "defenders" to fight back and feed their rage.

Fans don't need anything other than other fans to share their joys with.

Let's get back to talking about games.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Gibbonici

Anyway, back OT. @OP if you're getting personal emails regarding what you post here, that's a problem and something that you've every right to complain about.

Meh...it happens.

I've gotten my fair share of "love letters" from some here. When you are critical of something that some enjoy there are those that take it extremely personal.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

And everything in software that ins't human input is scripted - it is the nature of the beast. Ascript can have more random variables or less random variables but still, unless there is a bug, the results are always predictable.

You have a point. Ironically, a lot of forum goers seem to be the most misinformed when it comes to MMOs in general. I still remember a time when most people actually thought WoW was original. Some even claimed that Everquest and a few other games that came before it were clones. Now days anyone (like myself) that doesn't really care for GW2 points out it's flaws, they say "go back to WoW" even though I never played it because it's generic and overrated like GW2 and at least GW2 is *that* generic with most of it's features. But it seems like the "WoW babies" and people who came in afterwards are the ones who get into fanboy overdrive mode. That includes many of moderators and admins on this forum who give me warnings for pointing out flaws in certain MMOs they like.

Those of us who came in long before MMOs were mainstream are fanbyed out. Give it 5 or 6 more years, and these millions of peopel whose first MMO was WoW will hopefully start to know better. Maybe 7 or 8 years.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I agree with the OP here.  I see "Haters" coming to be as a direct result of the "fanbois".

Meaning, a lot of users here (some whom are still extremely vocal) have gone out of their way to hype every single feature of GW2 prior to launch.  When the more rabid fanboi popped along and took it to the next level, they turned a blind eye and even sometimes went along with this new extremity.  If you vocally questioned it, you were attacked/reported/banned with the reasoning by the attacker as "well, I've played this game for XX hours and I know extacly what type of game it is."

How can you have a discussion when you get attacked and shut down?

As an example, I posted a thread a while back which got deleted and I was banned subsequently (don't know if I am breaking TOS by saying this) saying that ANET is just a company...a company that likes to ride on the "exagerations" the fans like to put out there.  Sure, they'll take out a post saying their end game is finished when rumor spreads it isn't, but they have no problem touting themselves as revolutionary.

Anyways, I posted an OP about how GW1 was "sold" as an MMO at the time.  (This forum even called it one).  People called me a trolll, attacked my reading comprehension, quoted the back of the box they had saying it mentioned specifically "COOP RPG".

Well, guess what?  I have the original box from the day it launched that I went out and bought and it says nothing about COOP RPG...that was something they added later because a lot of people were led to believe the game was in fact an MMO and complained afterwards.

I'm digressing...but the point I am trying to make is that with this particular title, it has become almost a form of blasphemy to speak out about anything against it. 

This needs to be addressed because this is getting in the way of talking about games.  If we can't talk about them without being shut down, then there is no discussion.

Some of these fanboys try to masquerade as reasonable posters, but they exhibit this passive/agressive behavior that really pushes my buttons.

Sidenote: I am a GW2 fan, but not a fanboy.  I think it is an excellent game and am surprised with it every time I play.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

You're not a "Normal Player" of any MMOs on these forum, or are you simply not a normal play of GW2 and you post on these forums about GW2?

I completely disagree that "Normal" GW2 players do not come to this forum. That makes complete and utter nonsense. That's like saying only Nascar fans come on these forums to post, or SWG players are posting in the WoW & GW2 forum without ever touching either.

Why are you on this forum if you have no vested interest in ANY game on these forums? What's your purpose for posting on this forum then if you're not a "Normal Player" like everyone else?

I am not a "Normal" player.  Again common sense try it sometime.   Normal players are causal players, same thing.  We are hardcore gamers or where at one point, hense we come to forums like this and talk about games, all games not just the ones we have played or are playing.  The "Normal" gamer goes to the forums of the game they are playing sometimes if they even go to a forum at all.   Most gamers never touch forums of any kinds.

I game with a group of Real life friends, out of the 5 of us, only I come to sites like this, the rest of my friends do not care about other games, they care about the game they are playing and could careless about forums like this.

That is common sense.  if "Normal" gamers came to this forum like you are suggesting, this forum would have a few million users, it does not.   Its not rocket science.

I am willing to bet that out of all the people that play Guild Wars 2, less then 1% comes to this forums.  If less than 1% comes to these forums, then the 1% cannot be the "Normal" gamer.  

Using your example, yes only a certain group of Nascar fans go to Nascar fan websites and forums, not all of them and not even most of them.  Most Nascar Fans might watch news or hit general sports sites but not many talk on the forums about the races and the tracks and the drivers.  Only a small group of Nascar fans do this.  Same with the gaming community, only a small group use forums like these, the majority do not care about these type of forums.

Sooner or Later

bs. to the op. these forums are awash with negative trolling. just look what happened to poor mark kern who dared who voice his opinion (and who the f. is he anyway, just the guy behind D2 and WoW vanilla)

cmon don't make me laugh, the customer ratings this game has at metacritic and mmorpg are stellar and yet 4 out of 5 threads here are hater whines.

ridiculous

I have no idea wtf you are talking about. There are more topics started by so called fans just to flame the fire than the people you call haters. The best way to start flame war on GW2 forums is to be obnoxious and condscending and tell others 'you are doing it wrong'.

That is all it takes. And i laughed when you mentioned metacritic and mmorpg ratings as if that means anything because i remember how you used to get so offensive when players used to show you high ratings of SWTOR. But i guess now the ratings on these websites means everything when GW2 is in question? convenient.

Pretty much this ^.

People are so quick to forget the almost 10/10 rating SWTOR got on MetaCritic and other sites. Not to mention people seem to be easily turning a blind eye to the massive waves & spam of overly-hyped super-fan threads being created.

ridiculous

That is all it takes. And i laughed when you mentioned metacritic and mmorpg ratings as if that means anything because i remember how you used to get so offensive when players used to show you high ratings of SWTOR. But i guess not the ratings on these websites means somethign when GW2 is in question?

Just take a look at forum subjects at gw2 and be amazed, lol. you'd think it's a flaming turd while it clearly is not (and no ifs and buts, it's a decent, very well made game that might not appeal to everybody, but reading just the subject headings you'd think it the worst disappontment snce vanguard)

As for swtor and ratings and your sharp memory, - i don't give a rat's turd about "official" paid reviews (some notable luminaries excepted). When checking what's the public's reaction to a game i always go to users average rating   on Metacritic. I've found it 100% accurate and corresponding both to the game's popular success AND my own enjoyment of the game. And no I never read the user reviews themselves because they are, for the most part, utter crap. However, the statistical result of all that bs is amazingly to the point and SWTOR's fate was written on that wall on the very first day it released.

Originally posted by BadSpock

The hater. Why?

Sure, the fanboi may be ignorant, they may be "high" on hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their rose-colored glasses...

No one.

Except the hater.

The fanboi. Why?

Obnoxious and condscending attitude is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the haters may be ignorant, they may be "disgusted" by hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their frustration and jaded outlok.

But who does this 'you don't get it' and 'you are doing it wrong' attitude hurt? Who does their obnoxious attitude hurts?

No one.

Except the fanboi.

It is all matter of prespective and which side of fence you are standing on. So before you call OP wrong i thought i would balance the scales here.

Bite Me

ridiculous

Pretty much this ^.

People are so quick to forget the almost 10/10 rating SWTOR got on MetaCritic and other sites. Not to mention people seem to be easily turning a blind eye to the massive waves & spam of overly-hyped super-fan threads being created.

Not really, SWTOR bombed at around 6.5 within the first 2 days and kept sinking. It's around 5.7 now. As I said, the only thing i read from metacritic is average user score, the rest is useless.

Originally posted by jinxxed0

You have a point. Ironically, a lot of forum goers seem to be the most misinformed when it comes to MMOs in general. I still remember a time when most people actually thought WoW was original. Some even claimed that Everquest and a few other games that came before it were clones. Now days anyone (like myself) that doesn't really care for GW2 points out it's flaws, they say "go back to WoW" even though I never played it because it's generic and overrated like GW2 and at least GW2 is *that* generic with most of it's features. But it seems like the "WoW babies" and people who came in afterwards are the ones who get into fanboy overdrive mode. That includes many of moderators and admins on this forum who give me warnings for pointing out flaws in certain MMOs they like.

Those of us who came in long before MMOs were mainstream are fanbyed out. Give it 5 or 6 more years, and these millions of peopel whose first MMO was WoW will hopefully start to know better. Maybe 7 or 8 years.

This is exactly the kind of post that makes these forums so toxic. You manage to insult just about everyone on MMORPG.com at the same time you make yourself sound so much more enlightened and thusly arrogant.

I've been MMO gaming since 1999 and have been on this site (obviously) since 2004.

I disagree with you on all of your points and could (given the motivation) write you up a beautiful critique as to why GW2 is so refreshing after 8 years of MMO stagnation, but you'd just ignore it.

Stop feeding flames. Talk about games, not gamers. Stick to your sub-genre / topics and discuss things you enjoy/dislike with like-minded gamers.

-snip

I am not a "Normal" player.  Again common sense try it sometime.   Normal players are causal players, same thing.  We are hardcore gamers or where at one point, hense we come to forums like this and talk about games, all games not just the ones we have played or are playing.  The "Normal" gamer goes to the forums of the game they are playing sometimes if they even go to a forum at all.   Most gamers never touch forums of any kinds.

I game with a group of Real life friends, out of the 5 of us, only I come to sites like this, the rest of my friends do not care about other games, they care about the game they are playing and could careless about forums like this.

That is common sense.  if "Normal" gamers came to this forum like you are suggesting, this forum would have a few million users, it does not.   Its not rocket science.

I am willing to bet that out of all the people that play Guild Wars 2, less then 1% comes to this forums.  If less than 1% comes to these forums, then the 1% cannot be the "Normal" gamer.  

-Try not to insult people outright, it doesn't work well.

I also believe it is completely disengenious to claim everyone who comes to this forum is a "Hardcore" player. I know MANY casual "Normal" players who visit these forums. Additionally, just because you're the only one out of your group of 5 that comes here means nothing for that argument.

Also, what you're referring to as "Normal" seems to be a misrepresentation of what "Popular" is used interchangably with.

I'd also wager that more than 1% come here. Even if it's only 5% that's certainly an impact. A measurable one? Maybe not, but then again we aren't paid Analysts.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I don't consider the ones happy and excited about a game fanboys.

Fanboys are the ones who take it to a zealot-like nature and use this mask of "happiness" to cover their intolerance of anything different.

Originally posted by BadSpock

The hater. Why?

No one.

Except the hater.

The fanboi. Why?

Obnoxious and condscending attitude is toxic, and will always bring out the worst in people.

Sure, the haters may be ignorant, they may be "disgusted" by hype, they may be misinformed or exxagerating through their frustration and jaded outlok.

But who does this 'you don't get it' and 'you are doing it wrong' attitude hurt? Who does their obnoxious attitude hurts?

No one.

Except the fanboi.

It is all matter of prespective and which side of fence you are standing on. So before you call OP wrong i thought i would balance the scales here.

No, no you kind of missed the point.

The "fanboi" who is obnoxious and condescending is a hater. They are negative. They are toxic.

Positivity > Negativity.

Fanbois can be either positive or negative, haters really only negative.

Thus, haters are far more hurtful than fanbois (if they fanbois are positive) as positivity hurts no one.

Big differene between "This game is awesome I'm having so much fun!"

And "This game is so much better than X,Y,Z and ya'll are stupid/etc. for liking that crap!"

ridiculous

That is all it takes. And i laughed when you mentioned metacritic and mmorpg ratings as if that means anything because i remember how you used to get so offensive when players used to show you high ratings of SWTOR. But i guess not the ratings on these websites means somethign when GW2 is in question?

Just take a look at forum subjects at gw2 and be amazed, lol. you'd think it's a flaming turd while it clearly is not (and no ifs and buts, it's a decent, very well made game that might not appeal to everybody, but reading just the subject headings you'd think it the worst disappontment snce vanguard)

As for swtor and ratings and your sharp memory, - i don't give a rat's turd about "official" paid reviews (some notable luminaries excepted). When checking what's the public's reaction to a game i always go to users average rating   on Metacritic. I've found it 100% accurate and corresponding both to the game's popular success AND my own enjoyment of the game. And no I never read the user reviews themselves because they are, for the most part, utter crap. However, the statistical result of all that bs is amazingly to the point and SWTOR's fate was written on that wall on the very first day it released.

Yeha yeah we know it all..when a game you hate gets high rating the reviewers are paid but when a game you like gets high ratings the reviewers are honest and very professional.

Atleast my views don't change according to my own bias. I never gave damn about critics before or user reviews and i still maintain that. the only rating that matters to me is of my own.

Bite Me

This discussion has been closed.