Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 use false advertising

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Anyone remember the Crysis 2 trailer showcasing their engine? It looked AMAZING.

What we got was something that looked utterly crappy.

Again, Crysis 3 trailer is out showcasing their new/upgraded engine...it looks even MORE ORGASMIC AMAZING

But again. Just like Crysis 2...the game is still going to have terrible textures. It isn't going to look like their video at all.

Just a bunch of false advertising, so they get some extra sells. Worked for Crysis 2 and again, will work for Crysis 3.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

I agree, their video were misleading, almost every cool / complex features like "everything is destroyable" that amazed me in their advertising / engines was never delivered in crysis 2.

But can anyone really do something about it ?

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by imagina

I agree, their video were misleading, almost every cool / complex features like "everything is destroyable" that amazed me in their advertising / engines was never delivered in crysis 2.

But can anyone really do something about it ?

don't buy their games?

I have always found them to be pretty dull tbh...

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    False advertisement is big in the game industry. Never expect what they show to be like the game you play.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Trailer != gameplay.  Most graphics don't matter anyway since you will be blasting past them in a game.  Especially a first person shooter game that punishes excessive stealth.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Have you SEEN the WoW Panda trailers all over this site?  Do you expect the game to suddenly look like that as well?
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    That is called "marketting" (or lying), all companies advertising departments does it.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Their engine can do what they are showing just fine.. i have been messing around with Cryengine for the last year and a bit and some of the stuff indie devs are posting up looks amazing...

As for Crysis 2 having crappy textures yup that was totally true hell it didnt even have dx11 support on release.. and you know why?? because they thought it was a good idea to develop it for consoles first and then PCs... after the community went nuts we had a dx11 patch and a high rez texture pack and now the game looks amazing... I really dont think they will make the same mistake again..

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch looks great, even better than Crysis 1 (without mods). Sure on first release it was basic Dx9 stuff but it wasn't crappy at all.

Crysis 3 will probably have a added DX11 texture pack shortly after release to bring up the quality to Entitled PC gamers expectations.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing