Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Jade Forest Zone Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site has been updated with a new zone preview of the Jade Forest. The preview features an interview with Quest Designer Helen Cheng as well as some cool sound files and brand new images.

Jade Forest is also the zone where the Alliance and Horde first make landfall on Pandaria. The Alliance will land in the southwest and will begin a search for Prince Anduin Wrynn, who has gone missing in a recent naval battle. Meanwhile, the Horde arrives on the northern shores. In both cases, the conflict in the rest of the world spills into Pandaria, and they’ll be fighting from the moment boots touch the ground. The tension between trying to explore a new land while simultaneously fighting a war drives a lot of the action in Jade Forest.

Read the entire preview and check out all the sounds and screens on the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Nothing new... looks the same .. Copy paste  textures..    Blizz, release something new. Stop wasting time on expansions
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    GW2 killer
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    GW2 killer

You winner. image

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Looks good. Can't wait.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    GW2 killer

lol- sorry i dont like togo back in time...' Blizz 2004 is callling -they want their textures back.'

<.<

GW2 killer

lol- sorry i dont like togo back in time...' Blizz 2004 is callling -they want their textures back.'

<.<

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I play ac also. I will take good game play over graphics any day.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Hmm, thought they would have upgraded the graphics a little, have to agree looks exactly the same. I didn’t like Cataclysm much but at least they added the DX11 API which did improve the water quite a bit. Even all the mobs look like they have been reused, shouts "lazy" development to me.

in all honesty- WoW has a 'style' to it, they have banked on it. Blizz can do awsome grahics (SC2-D3). just WoW dosent scream WOW! 'for me' anymore.

hence the play on words there...for those gramatically challanged.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    GW2 killer

LOL So I guess were going to now have to spend the next few years discussing what game or expansion to an old game is going to kill Guild Wars 2 . Sounds like we've moved on from the WoW killer debate and have shifted it to the new cool as we accept WoW is in decline .

Will we be calling all new mmos GuildWars2 clones as well or argueing that there will be a drop off as we did in the first year or two of WoW .

It does seem GW2 is carry the torch forward and hopefully more games will do so in the future . I think MoP will sell well but by Blizzard terms it wont do anywhere near as well as previous expansions . The last patch wasn't very well recieved in game .

To me this does seem more of the same . Sadly I think the pve side will be moslty very casual , will do little to bring back world pvp to the bulk of the game leaving the only fun elements to offer any degree of challenge to the battleground and arenas .

I like some of what WoW still has to offer but I'm under no illusions this game is very stale and well past its best . I wont rush out an buy MoP but if I see it with 75 percent off or I get it for free like Cata I ll still play for a month or two a year . .

Other than that its GW2 for me  .Its a breath of fresh air . And no subs . BARGAIN .

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Funny, everyone jumps on the bandwagon criticizing Wow.  Sorry people, Blizzard knows what their audience wants and delivers.  You can bet the servers will be full with the new expansion.  Pretty hard to critcize success.
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by vectrexevo
    Nothing new... looks the same .. Copy paste  textures..    Blizz, release something new. Stop wasting time on expansions

Exactly what I immediately thought when looking at the screenshots.

As for full servers when the expac goes live, sure they probably will, but I'l bet you most of them will go back to the way they where after a month of MoP being released, alot of low pop servers.

I know my old server Dragonmaw EU is suffering badly, our WoW section has lost alot of players to other games, they have said they will come back for the expansion, but most of them want Blizzard to do something about the servers, they don't want to play on a dead server or pay for a transfer, when they already see new games that can offer free transfers between servers.

Originally posted by AwDiddums

Exactly what I immediately thought when looking at the screenshots.

As for full servers when the expac goes live, sure they probably will, but I'l bet you most of them will go back to the way they where after a month of MoP being released, alot of low pop servers.

I know my old server Dragonmaw EU is suffering badly, our WoW section has lost alot of players to other games, they have said they will come back for the expansion, but most of them want Blizzard to do something about the servers, they don't want to play on a dead server or pay for a transfer, when they already see new games that can offer free transfers between servers.

There are still full servers in the EU . Normally only Outland is the only english speaking server I see full . Just logged into check theres 15 high population servers 20-25 medium and the rest are low . I was quite shocked when I recetly played again for a month while I was away from home on a lappy that wont play much other than WoW . I think there will be a bounce for a month or three but not that much of one long term . Most people intending on playing the expansion went back for the patch as they normally do . 5 levels of content in WoW are easily possible in 10-15 hours of play . (maybe less) . Play through that with a few alts you will easily see MoP in a month or two . Theres not much really to stay for after that . Bit of pvp bit of raiding . No friendy community or fun world pvp to speak of ( although I must say the community seems better than it did a year or so ago) . WoWs a casual game so expansions will bring a few people back but its unlikly to keep them .

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Lol how do you call the game dead......
    Originally posted by Faelar86

Try playing on one of the low servers . These really need to be merged . I play on one low sever Deathwing because its the first server I played on in 2005 I still know people there . Its  good community there but we all agree Blizzard needs to merge servers now . There never going to be much of a bounce on these servers because what new player whats to join a low one . MoP wont change that .

I also play alts on medium and high ones .

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Easy when your the only soul in Orgimmar AH on Dragonmaw EU server at 5pm.

And as I said in my other post I certainly do not want to pay for a transfer away from my guild to a more populated server when I can see that a new MMO like GW2 has free server transfers, and with no limits either, why can't Blizzard do that?????

They squeeze more than enough cash out of ppl already, my son was daft enough to pay for a full year so he got D3 for free, as I pointed out to him, you just coughed up all that money, more than the game was on teh shelf and you quit it in 2 weeks flat, now your stuck with a game you don't play and a year long subscription to a game you log into once in a blue moon, Blizzard weren't stupid when they did that.

• floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Funny, everyone jumps on the bandwagon criticizing Wow.  Sorry people, Blizzard knows what their audience wants and delivers.  You can bet the servers will be full with the new expansion.  Pretty hard to critcize success.

No, it's actually really easy. You must be new :P

I'll be there day one; there's nothing better to replace it. I'm still waiting on Titan info!

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by roo67

Try playing on one of the low servers . These really need to be merged . I play on one low sever Deathwing because its the first server I played on in 2005 I still know people there . Its  good community there but we all agree Blizzard needs to merge servers now . There never going to be much of a bounce on these servers because what new player whats to join a low one . MoP wont change that .

I also play alts on medium and high ones .

Blizzard invested a lot in game and game community server infrastructure a few years ago when WoW was in expansion phase. Reality is it probably doesn't cost them anything to keep low pop servers open, and they can nickle and dime you when you finally want to pay for transfer in the end.

• sjake1473sjake1473 Member Posts: 5

Ive been playing the beta for a lil bit.While playing the graphics look a lot better than this picture.Jade forest is kind of like stranglethorn vale with crazy savages,pandas and monk temples.It's actually really fun and there is new types of quests and i might buy the expansion later on.I heard they are unlocking every race for every one with just vanilla but i would rather have every class unlocked.

WOW will always survive because you can play it on a low end gaming pc...

• arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61

i just logged onto Ravenholdt US server 17 ppl in Stormwind, and 25 in Org. MOst of them afk just showing off mounts and gear.

• PipofixPipofix Member Posts: 32
    This is exiting:) world pvp off the bat! Really looking forward to this. Whats with all the crybabies.. Buhuu same old Bla bla.. Look, its wow. Its better than your game, get over it.
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    GW2 killer

<.<

lol made my day! :D

• FurrballsFurrballs Member Posts: 30
    GW2 killer

I'm actually looking forward to MOP and the pandas, gw2 will be mostly forgotten in three months..

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by arcwest

i just logged onto Ravenholdt US server 17 ppl in Stormwind, and 25 in Org. MOst of them afk just showing off mounts and gear.

I dont quite believe that, I posted this about 2 weeks ago and this is in the usualy lull in players just before the pre-expansion patch hits.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status as of 18:57 GMT (Peak)

264 EU Servers
    1 Full
    41 High
    154 Med
    68 Low

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status as of 19:02 GMT (Off peak)

245 US Servers
    0 Full
    37 High
    144 Med
    64 Low
    Ravenholt right now is showing as Medium and its 12am PST (off peek), unless medium servers have maybe 100 people on them which is what you're alluding to.  At that rate a full server has maybe 200 players and a low server maybe 50.
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I don't think that the time is wasted. After all, millions of people will play that and have fun. And I'm pretty sure that the main focus of Blizzard is somewhere else.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)