Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your game?

• BethelsBoyBethelsBoy Posts: 227Member Uncommon

Right now, for me, it is Guild Wars 2 and Eden Eternal.

I was wrapped up in Eden before GW2 came out so I feel too guilty to just throw Eden aside.

The reason I love EE so much is because of how the game has been turned around drastically.

X-Legend has listened to it's community, and responded with multiple updates and a plethora of new content.

They just introduced a new class, Sage, and talk of another new class to come out soon, the Dragon Knight.

A lot of people have given up on this game because of it's rough past, but I have stuck with it, and have been impressed by what they've done with EE.

• BACONXBACONX Wellford, SCPosts: 236Member

Star Craft 2, though some may not consider that an MMO.

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Auburn, MIPosts: 364Member Uncommon

Project 1999.

Classic-ish Everquest is unbeatable by these mediocre, modern MMOs. No instances and no handholding. Yes fond memories, yes awesome grouping, yes awesome zones/dungeons, yes all the nastiness of death penalties and corpse runs and hell levels, and before ALL that much longer... yes Velious!

• VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

Guild Wars 2 for me personally. To me everything pretty much feels right in this game. Personal opinion, of course, but I'm quite happy with it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• sirphobossirphobos Ames, IAPosts: 614Member Common

Planetside 2 beta.

Borderlands 2 next week for non-MMOs.

• CalmmoCalmmo LondonPosts: 52Member

I've already dropped GW so I'm only active in rift atm as a pure raidlogger

• Matticus75Matticus75 Posts: 396Member Uncommon

For me, not much nowadays

Most games are garbage, I dont know if its because im now outside of the age 18 - 35 demographic, (Im 37)

Or if games are really getting more retarted

• TweFojuTweFoju Saitama & Jakarta ( current )Posts: 1,017Member Uncommon

my best MMO of all time

Vanguard Saga of Heroes

this MMO is what i gave me the "true" experience of MMO that no other player will ever get from today's MMO anymore

if you played VG since 2007 till 2010, you will know what i meant, that game has everything done right if it wasn't for the bugs,

i used to remember, venturing the world itself is addictive and whenever i was out, i always think about what was going on in the game, and always have that urge to log in, then, crafting was the best i've ever done in any MMO, and i hated crafting, but then VG's crafting really made me craft the whole day, and it matters back in the day, because everything in the market is player controlled, it was a true trading market in VG, i had to search for items and was dependant on the other crafter

i was hoping that i would have the same with GW2, after such a long time, but man, GW2 didn;t even last 3 weeks for me to lose my urge to log back in, even how much i love GW2, it just cant be compared to what i've experienced in VG

Vanguard, i miss you man!

So What Now?

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon

Planetside 2 beta for sure.. nothing comes close to the fun im having in this.. tho of course it is just a pure PVP mmo..

I do ahve GW2 installed still but its really boring..

Other than that im hitting War of the Roses pretty hard as well.. and i should get access to the Chivalry beta this weekend :)

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Madison, WIPosts: 811Member Uncommon
    I always fall back on Vanguard and DDO (I have like 32 characters over 3 servers, i know, sad). Playing GW2 right now, will be finishing up some lose ends once SWTOR goes F2P.
  • majimaji ColognePosts: 2,013Member Uncommon

I play:

- GW2 if I want to play a fantasy MMORPG

- FE if I want to play something more serene and postapocalyptic

- TF2 if I want action

- MTGO if I want to use my brain

- and Civ5, if I want something slow and singleplayer

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Marion, IAPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by maji

- and Civ5, if I want something slow and singleplayer

I love Civ5 -- added Gods & Generals a few weeks ago. I've played all the modes, most of the landscapes, small worlds, huge worlds, and everything in between.

My funnest thing to do is to create a 2-human game (hotseat), no other civs, rampaging berzerkers, huge world, no "win" criteria, on Diety mode. On first turn, I then delete the warriors and settlers for the 2nd human player. This leaves me in a game world where it's just me and the berzerkers. It's a hoot to struggle, survive, and eventually thrive despite a continuous onslaught of enemies that keep complete pace with my technological achievements. I've really come to appreciate the value of artillery in defence, interlocking fields of fire, and defense in depth; and moreso the concept of combined arms tactics, where it's totally necessary to deploy armor that is supported by artillery and close air support during offense. I've also had some totally wicked naval engagements and amphibious assaults supported by naval gunfire. The last game I played went well beyond 2000 turns and I'd still conquered only about a third of the map. I enjoy dealing with the other civs, but for a totally immersive strategic and tactical combat experience, this is the way to go.

The past couple of days I've been playing Sims3. I'm a major History geek -- just finished rereading a couple of Edith Wharton's, Jean Zimmerman's Love, Fiercely, and am currently in the midst of a book about Lady Nancy Astor. All these are set contemporaneously in a period proximating the late 19th/early 20th centuries and talk principally about the period's rich, famous, infamous, and utterly confining upper social strata. So, I kind of got a bug in my bonnet to build a Guilded Age mansion akin to that designed by I.N. Phelps-Stokes for his father, Anson Phelps-Stokes's "Brickhouse" in Connecticut c.1910. It's repleat with 2 dining rooms, library, billiard room, fourteen bedrooms, and much more; not to mention elaborately landscaped gardens. After having played all the Sims3 expansions to this point, I'm kind of tired of the game, but building and recreating notable structures from photos, sketches, and printed discriptions still intrigues me very much.

LOL ... call me ecclectic .... next week I'll be playing a hack-n-slash. :P

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    Right now, it's GW2. I thought I'd switch to other games soon enough, but GW2 gets more impressive the more I play it and that's something I like.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,581Member Uncommon

No mmo.  Playing Sims 2 and waiting for an mmo like Sims 2.  Otherwise just waiting on - 

Elder Scrolls Online

• elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,218Member Uncommon
    Playing GW2.  I too enjoy Lotro from time to time, but since GW2 hit, no game has come close to holding me like it does.