Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyones top 5 most anticipated mmo's.

FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69

I know this has been done a hundred times but I have not read one in awhile. Let me know what games your looking toward the most.We do accept ties.

1) EQ Next

2) WoD  (World of Darkness)

3) Warhammer 40 k dark millenium

4)ArchAge

5) Wildstar/Elder scrolls

I'm sure I missed a few good  ones. (Titan was left out on purpose). Let's see some good lists let me know what everyone wants. (a.k.a Im bored as hell at work and need the peoples entertainment)

Farstryder,

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

ArcheAge

Blade & Soul

Wildstar

Neverwinter / Torchlight 2

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

1. Neverwinter

2. Wildstar

3. Warhammer 40k

4. Archeage / Embers Of Caerus

5. Standalone DayZ / The War Z

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    1. Shadowbane
    2. Auto Assault
    3. Anarchy Online
    4. City of Heroes
    5. The Secret World
    Those were the five games I anticipated the most.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69

1.  PS2

2.  FFXIV : ARR

3.  Neverwinter

4.  Archeage

5. TESO/ The Repopulation

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

GW2 expansions!!

I need more info about Titan to know whether it will suck or not.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231

1. Everquest Next

2. Archeage

Below #2 they are just fillers. Sorry I don't actually have five. More like 2 and some maybes.

3. World of Darkness (I used to Roleplay it so I am curious)

4. Black Desert Online (it's very pretty)

5. TBD

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250
    How can we tell Titan is going to suck?  We don't even know anything about it yet other than that is the project name.  It's not going to be a sequel to anything like D3, so at least it doesn't have to face comparisons and by the accounts I have read they haven't really ramped up the development until maybe this year.  So, what gives?  If you just hate Blizzard, that's fine.  I don't particularly like them either, but I really don't get the hate for a game that I have yet to see a single screenshot for.  Actually, I don't think I have read more than two paragraphs about the development process since they announced the project.  I think it will be interesting to see where the maker of the biggest, most successful MMO thinks the future is headed.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Farstryder

I know this has been done a hundred times but I have not read one in awhile. Let me know what games your looking toward the most.We do accept ties.

1) EQ Next

4)ArchAge

I'm sure I missed a few good  ones. (Titan was left out on purpose). Let's see some good lists let me know what everyone wants. (a.k.a Im bored as hell at work and need the peoples entertainment)

1. WoD

2. EQ Next

3. ....?

4. Profit..?

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Archeage

WoD

Shadowrun online

uhh... thats about it, atm.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

1) Repopulation

2) EQ Next to see how they screw it up

3) Wildstar

4) Black Desert

5) Archeage

6) Wo of Darkness

7) Titan

8) NWN

9) ESO

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    1. EQN
    2. Titan
    3. Archeage

No additional ones at the moment and may change as more details become available. In AA's case any changes they may make.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

1) EQ Next

4)ArchAge

YOu know warhammer 40k is done right, they canceled the project its not going to be an mmo now at all.    EQ Next is in total rewrite they took what they been working on for the past 2 years and tossed it.   So that 2 of our 3 that you will not see, one for the next 3 years for sure.

• FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Saryhl

1. Everquest Next

2. Archeage

Below #2 they are just fillers. Sorry I don't actually have five. More like 2 and some maybes.

3. World of Darkness (I used to Roleplay it so I am curious)

4. Black Desert Online (it's very pretty)

5. TBD

I like your style. Yes I played WoD pen and paper as well  for alot of years, huge fan of the setting. NeverWinter definetly is a legit  MMO. I would have put it up there but after all the D&D let downs im scared. I also wish it would just be Faerun Online.

Farstryder,

Originally posted by erictlewis

1) EQ Next

4)ArchAge

YOu know warhammer 40k is done right, they canceled the project its not going to be an mmo now at all.    EQ Next is in total rewrite they took what they been working on for the past 2 years and tossed it.   So that 2 of our 3 that you will not see, one for the next 3 years for sure.

Yes I know about Eq2 and  War but Eq2  next will come for sure. As far as War I know thing slike this are picked up by other publishers/or developers all the time. I never said some were not a long shot but they are still my most anticipated.

Farstryder,

Originally posted by Silax
    How can we tell Titan is going to suck?  We don't even know anything about it yet other than that is the project name.  It's not going to be a sequel to anything like D3, so at least it doesn't have to face comparisons and by the accounts I have read they haven't really ramped up the development until maybe this year.  So, what gives?  If you just hate Blizzard, that's fine.  I don't particularly like them either, but I really don't get the hate for a game that I have yet to see a single screenshot for.  Actually, I don't think I have read more than two paragraphs about the development process since they announced the project.  I think it will be interesting to see where the maker of the biggest, most successful MMO thinks the future is headed.

Don't take it to seriously it was thrown in there for fun, and to be funny.

Farstryder,

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

World of Darkness

The Repopulation

Archeage

Planetside 2

EQ Next...not getting my hopes up with this one though.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The Repopulation...  that's about it.  None on the list are things I'm looking forward to.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Erictlewis

Do you have any info on EQN about it being scrapped and re-done? I read that forum post about two concurrent versions being made and only one, a cheaper lame version, being chosen but that was never verified. I was hoping you had additional infos :)
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

Titan

Firefall

Defiance

PS2

ArcheAge

EQ Next (was impressed with PS2's engine)

The MMO field will look very different in 2013 with all the new MMOFPS coming out. I sure can't wait.

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88

1. Rift:Storm Legion and PS2 tied

2. Archeage

3. FFXIV 2.0

4. Titan

5. TESO and Wildstar tied

I have to say Firefall, and Wizardry online as well, but I already have 7 on a top 5 list :)

Damnit, I m really looking forward to Defiance as well.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

1. World of Darkness

2. ArcheAge

3. War Z

4. Embers of Caerus

5. The Repopulation

Honorable Mention goes to Neverwinter.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by erictlewis

1) EQ Next

4)ArchAge

http://www.vigilgames.com/  per Website everything appears to be a go still and they landed renewal right for online purposes. They also seem to be hiring alot as well.  Paste any new info that says other wise about War?

Farstryder,

Originally posted by Aelious
    Erictlewis

Do you have any info on EQN about it being scrapped and re-done? I read that forum post about two concurrent versions being made and only one, a cheaper lame version, being chosen but that was never verified. I was hoping you had additional infos :)

It's not being scrapped. This is recent. From Smedley.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/28/soe-on-f2p-philosophy-and-everquest-next-silence/

Encouraging  words. As well as the  guy that heads up that part of the company is a huge eve player. Hopefully some great additions can  be added to the eq series. Here is a link for a really cool interview.

http://themittani.com/features/mittani-interviews-soe-ceo-john-smedley

Farstryder,

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

World of Darkness only. 

I'm not speculating much on anything else. If it doesn't pan out, then I'm willing to state that MMOs are dead.

a yo ho ho

Originally posted by Lorkii

1. Rift:Storm Legion and PS2 tied

2. Archeage

3. FFXIV 2.0

4. Titan

5. TESO and Wildstar tied

I have to say Firefall, and Wizardry online as well, but I already have 7 on a top 5 list :)

Damnit, I m really looking forward to Defiance as well.

^ LoL .  Yes, I'm the same way.

Farstryder,