Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what kind of new classes you want in the next gw2 expansion?

13»

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by rainorxx
    Lawyer!

Or as they were called in Judges Guild's The City State of the Invincible Overlord:  Litigation Tricksters!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I think a cool profession Idea would be some form of mechanized infantry, an asura created machine of some sort that boosts a character for a limited time. Think a jet bike run on something akin to a gas meter, that offers substantial nuking ability; it could popout from a pack on a characters back like a transformer. It would have to be somewhat low-poly, but it would be fun none the less. :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Dervish. I want mah scythe.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Dervish would be awesome. I'd also like to see the return of the Ritualist, or a Samurai like class.

I think I'd rather see more weapons, or additional skills for existing weapons, but maybe that's just me. Definitely excited to see what will come w/ the expansion.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I'm not near as interested in new classes as I am with more weapon types for the few professions with a very sparse selection (necro, mesmer)
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

While it is a bit early to talk about expansions I vote for...

Shadowknight.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Dervish and Ritualist for classes.

Scythe (especially for Necro and Dervish) and 2-handed Axes for weapons.

Tengu and Quaggan for races.  I think it would be interesting to use the "pissed off" Quaggan in battle.  lol

However, since (pure speculation) Cantha is probably the next area they'll expand to, the Quaggan may not even be there.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Monk, redone as some sort of ass kicking martial artist, but maybe to simmilar to theif.

I also like the idea of some sort of bezerker class, low defences but big close range aoe damage, have to time your runs in for maximum effect, take more of them with you before your inevitable death. Higher damage when health low and shape shifting.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Jedi.

Droid...

..no wait. Pink Unicorns. GW2 needs pink unicorns and ponies

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

One that throws weapons.

There are bandits that have throwing daggers so why not have a class with throwing knives, axes and maybe javelins?

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    A shapeshifter would be fun. Or some voodoo guy. Or an adept, like from shadowrun. Or an enchanter. Or a glyphmaster or runeguy or something. A druid that does stuff with menhirs and stone circles and eats mushrooms would be fun. :) Or just a cliché witch, with a cauldron. ^^

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Might as well make a bard since they can do everything anyways from dps, dodge tanking, healing, crowd control / utility etc

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    The Commando =P

Roll the Dice

• GolbezaGolbeza Member Posts: 62
    Ritualist and Monk! Loved the Ritualist in GW1! With Monk I mean a close range brawler using fist/claw weapons with of course, healing/support abilities. ^^
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Don't want more classes, but for sure I feel I will need more complex and advanced skill mechanics. For now they're good because the game is new, but I can see them becoming a bit repetitive in 1 or 2 monthes.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76

A ritualist (but with spirits that move along!) and a martial arts style monk (with bo staff, shuriken and fist weapons and so on)

I really hope for a Cantan expansion.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85
    Paragon. And a kind of summoner like in Lineage II. Mayba a bard.
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

A monk, fight bare handed.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by kanezfan

A monk, fight bare handed.

No weapon skills???

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Maybe a tank or a healer.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

I don't know if more classes are necessary. More weapons and skills added to the existing classes could create new classes easily without adding anything in. But thats just symantics

What I'd like to see is a brawler class/playstyle. You know, someone that goes in with almost no armor and uses his/her fist as the weapon of choice. 

Maybe a ritualist? I'd say an assassin, but the thief seems to play a little like one

Originally posted by FrodoFragins Maybe a tank or a healer.
    Why would you want to remove one of the aspects that makes the game great and forces people (especially in dungeons and future raids) to coordinate better instead of relying on 2 good people to get through everything?

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I would like to see some sort of gunslinger that can use dual pistols and rifle with weapon swapping. No class can do this yet and it was a disapointment with the engineer not being able to swap.