Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to play EVE as a rogue and not join any corps?

2»

Comments

• Enkindu2Enkindu2 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    very possible, you'll just be doing  A LOT of hiding and running away.

This.  It can be a ton of fun though.  If you want to get kills, forget it.  Lots of ways to get rich though.  Did it for years and had a blast but I was running two or three accounts.  Prospering in spite of tons of skilled players constantly trying to kill you is fun... for me at least.  Occasional frustrated pirate rants in local are a bonus :)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I was just wondering is it possible to play EVE successfully playing only solo or rogue for that matter and not joining any Corporations? Have players done this? Could a player have a lucrative career?

It will be hard, however there are many corps out there than can help you. It's best to find one that suits your playstyle as well if you want to get in on the action at the beginning if you like PvPing. Using the official EvE forums will be your best bet as well.

I just recently got back into the game a couple months ago and just getting acclimated back to EvE basics took a bit, but if you put your time in and love the game for what it is, your going to have some serious fun. Find a good corp, it will make you feel like you can make a difference.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by P4YB4CK
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I was just wondering is it possible to play EVE successfully playing only solo or rogue for that matter and not joining any Corporations? Have players done this? Could a player have a lucrative career?

It will be hard, however there are many corps out there than can help you. It's best to find one that suits your playstyle as well if you want to get in on the action at the beginning if you like PvPing. Using the official EvE forums will be your best bet as well.

I just recently got back into the game a couple months ago and just getting acclimated back to EvE basics took a bit, but if you put your time in and love the game for what it is, your going to have some serious fun. Find a good corp, it will make you feel like you can make a difference.

Did you even read what he asked?

• S4ndurS4ndur Member UncommonPosts: 19

In EVE its hard to do anything alone really and by alone I mean with 1 character. You need an alt or two to make "solo" life in New Eden some what profitable + it saves you alot of time. Industry/Exploring/Missioning, every career could use some help.

So yes, its possible to find solitude among the starts but it kinda brakes the idea of a MMO dont you think? It ultimately comes down to preferences but I enjoy meeting folks from other cultures. And as a non-native english speaker its fun and educational to communicate over voice comms :)

You also save money by making friends rather than new accounts ^^

Catch you on the planetside!

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Yes it is.

Never joined a player corp in Eve and it was fun.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156
    It is very very easy to play alone and be very successful though friends are always great to ahve, the first 5 months of eve will suck but once u can fly something well you will be addicted. have fun and dont cry when you lose stuff.

J. B.