Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE Only?

LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Never played GW1 or GW2 main reason I am not a PvP'er  never been  mainly because I suck at it ..ican GW2 be played 100% in PVE mode?  are the PVE servers?

Comments

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    PvE and PvP are seperate you will not get open world ganked. AKA you can play 100% PvE

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    No pvp or pve servers. All pvp happens in an area called "The mists". Outside of that location, it's all pve. Have fun OP.
  • LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Thanks all..

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Lukain

Never played GW1 or GW2 main reason I am not a PvP'er  never been  mainly because I suck at it ..ican GW2 be played 100% in PVE mode?  are the PVE servers?

You have the wrong impression of GW1 as well. PvP and PvE are seperated not by servers, but by sections of the game in both. If you want to PvP in GW you warp to Eternal Battle grounds or the sPvP section of the game. Its that simple.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Lukain

You have the wrong impression of GW1 as well. PvP and PvE are seperated not by servers, but by sections of the game in both. If you want to PvP in GW you warp to Eternal Battle grounds or the sPvP section of the game. Its that simple.

And to clear things up even more OP, the name Guild Wars doesn't necessarily mean there are guilds at war with each other. It is named after The Guild Wars. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

OP, I play principally PvE in this game and I love it. I dabble in PvP now again, just for kicks, but it certainly is not my focus.

IMO, GW2 PvE is engaging, often challenging (if you choose to not just follow a zerg, which i avoid as much as possible), and prgresses you via a natural flow that dosen't feel like grind at all. I also love the 'secret area' jumping puzzles, which add even more activity diversity to your playtime.

I also KNOW I have missed a shed load of content on the way through, despite loving exploring and the like. I am going back to group with lower friends all the time and am seeing loads of stuff that i missed the first time despite having 100% completion on a map.