Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are They Going to Improve Textures / Animation Quality?

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

I tried scouring the official PS2 forums for acknowledgment, but came up dry.

Has there been any word from the devs about the quality of the "Mr. Game & Watch" style animations (culling)? Are they aware and working on fixing this or adding an option to turn it off? The textures are also a bit lacking. I run the game on full blast and I'm somewhat disappointed with the results. 

I'm having a blast with the game, but this is my one and only true complaint so far. Maybe they're just fine tuning the engine's performance before patching in improvements in quality?

Comments

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

I'm pretty sure they'll eventually release high res textures. Pretty common practice in betas to use low res textures to optimize everything else then release high res once things are more stable. I have no idea whats going on with the animations. I do agree they need work. I can't stand watching my other teammates running around looking like they got a stiff one stuck up their butt. It just looks weird how their upper body has no movement and just looks wrong with the angle the the body is at.

According to their alpha squad promo their looking to release before dec 31st so i don't have too high hopes for getting new animations. They still have alot of work to do in other areas.

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by yutty

I'm pretty sure they'll eventually release high res textures. Pretty common practice in betas to use low res textures to optimize everything else then release high res once things are more stable. I have no idea whats going on with the animations. I do agree they need work. I can't stand watching my other teammates running around looking like they got a stiff one stuck up their butt. It just looks weird how their upper body has no movement and just looks wrong with the angle the the body is at.

According to their alpha squad promo their looking to release before dec 31st so i don't have too high hopes for getting new animations. They still have alot of work to do in other areas.

In Planetside 1, they had an option setting for Animation Culling that you could turn off. Hopefully, that gets implemented before or on release. There appears to be a lot of missing frames from the animations in general.

Here's hoping!