Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO in real time.

Why can't they make an MMO where the player starts off as this small human? You'd be dependent on npcs or other higher level humans to feed and care for you. Level up gradually to a larger frailer human dependent on npcs or other lower level players to take care of you. In between you quest for an education.Learn a craft.Maybe more than one craft.Take care of yourself for a while.Meet new people the whole time through .Fall in love.Get Married. Perhaps take care of some lower level players or NPCs along the way. Then die.

I know..same ole themepark....but here's the true innovation...its all done in real time.

What do you think? and should it be F2P (if so Freemium or strictly cash shop) , B2P or P2P (Worth $15.00 a month in your opinion?)

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by SoulStain

Why can't they make an MMO where the player starts off as this small human? You'd be dependent on npcs or other higher level humans to feed and care for you. Level up gradually to a larger frailer human dependent on npcs or other lower level players to take care of you. In between you quest for an education.Learn a craft.Maybe more than one craft.Take care of yourself for a while.Meet new people the whole time through .Fall in love.Get Married. Perhaps take care of some lower level players or NPCs along the way. Then die.

I know..same ole themepark....but here's the true innovation...its all done in real time.

What do you think? and should it be F2P (if so Freemium or strictly cash shop) , B2P or P2P (Worth $15.00 a month in your opinion?)

It'd be Pay 2 Win for sure.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Lol, so you pay $15 a month for two years then you get to learn to walk, 3 years later you start 12 years of school. Most profitable game ever!!!!

I might pay for 3 months until I get switched to the bottle.

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97
    The thought of having to go back to school sounds terrible, hated the subjects never enjoyed learning really. Good luck with the idea, just don't believe many people are wanting to play a game like this. Most want to pick up a sword and go kill some fake thing.
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by RefMinor

That's what I'm thinkin...

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Our game WorldAlpha has some of those elements.  Starts off slow, getting a job, then slowly moving your way up, and owning your own business, and in turn helping those new players.  There will be varying speeds depending on different servers, including a real-time ie 1 game day = 1 real day.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Illius
    Originally posted by RefMinor

That's what I'm thinkin...

+1

Watch me multibox the sh** out of that.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos