Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New sandbox at PAX?

Has anyone heard much about a new sandbox called Origins of Malu? I saw it at PAX and it sounded like they had some interesting things in mind. The game itself had some technical difficulties when I saw it the first day, but when I saw it the second day it had some interesting fast paced combat. It was a little confusing trying to figure out how to play, but after I got the hang of it I started to like it. I went and checked out their website and around here, but there seems to be less info online than they were talking about at PAX... Anyone know anything?

Comments

• SkelarSkelar Member Posts: 14
    So am I really the only one that's seen this one?
  • Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Especially the sandbox aspects.

Playing Fallen Earth.

Cool, so I'm not the only one who has heard of it, lol. Was getting worried for a second. But yeah, a good sandbox is really what I'm looking for. They seem to be pretty few and far between compared to the more wide spread themepark MMOs out there. I especially dig the idea of dynamic player factions that they had mentioned. That's what I'm really wanting to hear more about. It sounds like a crazy hard system to pull off, but if they can then it'll be that much more awesome.
  • Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

I can't wait to check out the skybuilders system. Oh the things you could come up with or imaging luring your enemy onto a structure and then removing it. Or purposely destroy it so they fall.

Playing Fallen Earth.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about skybuilding. It's definitely unique, could prove to fun and useful, but I'm not sure how the mechanics will actually work. It's either going to be incredibly limited in where and how you can use it, or the world will actually open and free enough you can use it anywhere. Not sure how they'd define world boundries if you could use it anywhere though.