Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.4 New Tier Armor Sets Revealed

New 1.4 Armor Sets:

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/43/694/dredarmsets.jpg

Old 1.2 Armor Sets:

http://postimage.org/image/49vvhb297/full/

Discuss. (I'm obviously implying implications.)

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Wait, those are supposed to be new? But they look exactly the same... and also like shit (trooper is alright).
  • UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

New 1.4 Armor Sets:

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/43/694/dredarmsets.jpg

Old 1.2 Armor Sets:

http://postimage.org/image/49vvhb297/full/

Discuss. (I'm obviously implying implications.)

Oh look, reskins of the EC gear.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

Though it IS boring, they've stated, afaik, that the armors would use the same models as the ones already in game. So as someone that's actually kept up with stuff somewhat I'm not surprised at all.

Is it boring as heck? Yes. Is it a shame? Yes. Will it help the game? Certainly not. But at least they've never said otherwise to my knowledge; I know I've read them state that they'd be reskins.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

*rolleyes*

The set design has been bugging me since day one. I was able to look past it because I rarely used the sets when raiding (stats on DD and tank equip were a mess for the respective classes) but it still gets my teeth clenching every time they release new visual jokes like this.

Star Wars offers so much stylish variety and we get Power Rangers again and again? (T1 and T2 for BH was awesome, though. Exhaust vents on the back... hehe)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Let me know when this is in the game...

And I'll come back to SW:TOR

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Shadin

Though it IS boring, they've stated, afaik, that the armors would use the same models as the ones already in game. So as someone that's actually kept up with stuff somewhat I'm not surprised at all.

Is it boring as heck? Yes. Is it a shame? Yes. Will it help the game? Certainly not. But at least they've never said otherwise to my knowledge; I know I've read them state that they'd be reskins.

They may not be at fault here. But considering the money that goes into the design team and the resources they have... this is basically shameful to any willing and dedicated graphics designer.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

I, too, celebrate the mediocrity that BioWare has embraced. Not content to sit on their laurels with 'meh', they have quite outdone themselves and reached the rarified air of "that's good enough".

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

No doubt. I am starting to think they are purposely trying to suck.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Indrome

snip

They may not be at fault here. But considering the limited money that will go into the design team and the resources they had... this is to be expected.

Fixed.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Just as hideous as I remember the other updates looks..

Little hope for this game.. In just about every direction..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Hideous, just like the rest of them. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Omg. Is there no good armor in this game? I mean, doesnt both of it look awful?
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by IstrebiteI
    Omg. Is there no good armor in this game? I mean, doesnt both of it look awful?

Yea, all the "Armor" in SWTOR just looks kiddy-time-horrible. I don't even know how they got away with that art-style to begin with (Oh Wait, Fanboy Hype!) which is the primary reason they look so out of place in a StarWars title.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    SWTOR armour has always looked really bad and the textures are horrible.
  • ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Indrome

They may not be at fault here. But considering the money that goes into the design team and the resources they have... this is basically shameful to any willing and dedicated graphics designer.

They weren't promising anything else (this time) than reused graphics, but they are at fault... Practically all the endgame armor, except perhaps (in my opinion) the early pvp inquisitor stuff, is horrible. And very un-star warsy (again, in My opinion).

Wish hoods could be up like in beta while still having a helmet on... <.< And that set bonuses on all armors were extractable.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I wish they would fix the Inquisitor Black hole and war hero PVP gear. FUGLY isnt the propr word to describe it.

I stilll enjoy SWTOR but some of the costumes leave alot to be desired.

***Satele Shan is very unhappy that she is bearing her 8th child for the Raving Rabbid! her kangaroo pouch is growing no matter how many times she works out!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Haha, Amen to that, man! ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Happy to see that Bio is still backing TOR!!

• knighthammerknighthammer Member Posts: 22
    Some of them are quite laughable, 1 looks like duck billed platypus, another a Cylon even more than they did

Star Wars Galaxies relaunch by December 2012

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that laughed.
  • EllieAnneEllieAnne Member Posts: 23

Considering all of the complaints and this is what they come up with.  Are they trying to drive away what few players they have left?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Criminy! Someone actually got paid for these designs?! And somehow these got the green light?

Where do I sign up? I'd like to give a shot at designing for Star Wars: the Fugly Republic.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

oh dear... those peeps over at bioware just cant do armors, one look more ridiculous than the other.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Lightbulb moment!

They are holding back the good designs for the cash shop .... and have made these so bad in the hope that people will buy new ones.

Then again ...

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    ubelievable laughable the inquisitor's and warrior's armor sets
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN