Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet re-opens digital sales

MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

SEATTLE – SEPTEMBER 10, 2012: NCsoft®, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) and ArenaNet, developer of the renowned Guild Wars franchise, announced the reopening of sales of this year’s number-one hit title, Guild Wars 2. Starting today, gamers who have been searching for remaining copies of Guild Wars 2 will be able to join their friends in-game and experience what the entire industry is raving about, as the game is once again available for purchase through buy.guildwars2.com and numerous retail partners.

ArenaNet suspended first-party sales and retail replenishment on August 30—just two days after the game’s retail release—to catch up with record demand and to ensure that players who bought the game would continue to have the best online experience possible. Despite the suspension of first-party sales and retail replenishment, Guild Wars 2 became the best-selling game across 10 European markets—and grabbed the number one position in the All Formats listings in the UK—the first PC game to accomplish this in nearly two years.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-reopens-sales-of-guild-wars-2-and-releases-new-video/?utm_source=client

[mod edit]

Comments

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by Katharina_Farl
    Or they're re-filing the servers after half the population already left.

I finally uninstalled.

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

must suck way more to pay for a headstart and not being able too login because arena net failed to provide stable servers. LOL

arena.net underestimated the importance of a smooth launch and players leaving already.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    lol Panda trolls vs guild trolls, lets get the popcorn out, this will be long.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

How do you get "players  are leaving" from news saying "we sold loads of copies and we are re-activating sales so we can sell some more" exactly?

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

Originally posted by Killsmallchi
    lol Panda trolls vs guild trolls, lets get the popcorn out, this will be long.

wha...what panda trolls..what are u talking about? am i having a hallucination?

Originally posted by Volkmar

How do you get "players  are leaving" from news saying "we sold loads of copies and we are re-activating sales so we can sell some more" exactly?

get ur facts straight please.

Originally posted by Thralia

Could you please elaborate on that? What facts should I get straight?

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

I have a feeling this thread is going to turn out E-P-I-C with well structured arguments like this :D

*popcorn*

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    It's interesting how OP mentions trolling while sounding so extremelly baiting, which falls under trolling.

On topic: They might be re-filing the servers after half the population already left. Just putting it out there.

they never left m8..Anet could'nt be bothered to  give the accounts back to the legitimate owners and instead sold another batch of keys to take their place..nice going Anet.

If you don't know what is business PR, I suggest you look it up. This is an honest statement, the world out there is full of sharks and being naive gets you bitten.

What the hell are you talking about?? Yours is an honest statement? And business PR?

They are talking about re-opening digital sales... that have been closed off for some time now. And telling us how much they sold, what's the PR on it? Or you think they are lying about copies sold when such data can be easily found?

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

If you don't know what is business PR, I suggest you look it up. This is an honest statement, the world out there is full of sharks and being naive gets you bitten.

And I honestly wish some people would leave. I really do. But I am still stuck into overflow servers on most zones I go into. PEOPLE! Stop playing already GAWDDHMITH!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    It's interesting how OP mentions trolling while sounding so extremelly baiting, which falls under trolling.

On topic: They might be re-filing the servers after half the population already left. Just putting it out there.

they didnt leave m8..Anet decided to to resell the keys they got off the hacked accounts lol

sorry for the double post..my pc locked up.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by MosesZD

SEATTLE – SEPTEMBER 10, 2012: NCsoft®, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) and ArenaNet, developer of the renowned Guild Wars franchise, announced the reopening of sales of this year’s number-one hit title, Guild Wars 2. Starting today, gamers who have been searching for remaining copies of Guild Wars 2 will be able to join their friends in-game and experience what the entire industry is raving about, as the game is once again available for purchase through buy.guildwars2.com and numerous retail partners.

ArenaNet suspended first-party sales and retail replenishment on August 30—just two days after the game’s retail release—to catch up with record demand and to ensure that players who bought the game would continue to have the best online experience possible. Despite the suspension of first-party sales and retail replenishment, Guild Wars 2 became the best-selling game across 10 European markets—and grabbed the number one position in the All Formats listings in the UK—the first PC game to accomplish this in nearly two years.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-reopens-sales-of-guild-wars-2-and-releases-new-video/?utm_source=client

Must suck to be a troll of this game.   Everything they whine about gets fixed almost immediately or is just a matter of taste...

When you lump all those who have complaints about GW2 in one category of 'trolls' in your OP which was specificaly posted in a manner to call them out is called baiting. Which is against ROC.

Bite Me

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

What the hell are you talking about?? Yours is an honest statement? And business PR?

They are talking about re-opening digital sales... that have been closed off for some time now. And telling us how much they sold, what's the PR on it? Or you think they are lying about copies sold when such data can be easily found?

Dude, seriously read this persons post history. He is a professional troll and has said nothing constructive in like 2 weeks. Dont get baited. Get your self a nice bowl of cereal, perferably lucky charms. Anet is already successful and we shall see how long it lasts, only time will tell but I believe they will continue to see success with GW2 in the future dispite what the small minority might say.

Dude, seriously read this persons post history. He is a professional troll and has said nothing constructive in like 2 weeks. Dont get baited. Get your self a nice bowl of cereal, perferably lucky charms. Anet is already successful and we shall see how long it lasts, only time will tell but I believe they will continue to see success with GW2 in the future dispite what the small minority might say.

so where is the OFFICIAL number of sold copys? and i want it from arena net  and not some gameingsite.

everyone saying successful but i dont see numbers.

so where is the OFFICIAL number of sold copys? and i want it from arena net  and not some gameingsite.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sold-over-1-million-copies-before-launch

http://techland.time.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sales-one-million-pre-served-record-400000-playing-at-once/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-28-guild-wars-2-crosses-1-million-in-sales-prior-to-launch

Ooooh it is from a gaming site saying NCSoft said so. So you will just ignore it?

What's the hurry btw? game has been out less than 2 weeks. Sales numbers will come soon enough.

I don't get what's the purpose of posting a link to "over 1 million copies sold at launch" as if it was something possitive.

In my understanding that means it only takes 1 million players to unstabilize their servers and make them wait 3 weeks for some playrs to leave before they can sell back their spots.

No purpose beside someone asked for official statement of sold copies, so I provided one.

Farewell, by the way and welcome to my block list.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sold-over-1-million-copies-before-launch

Ooooh it is from a gaming site saying NCSoft said so. So you will just ignore it?

What's the hurry btw? game has been out less than 2 weeks. Sales numbers will come soon enough.

What is the SOURCE of this information?

also i dont know if u are aware how often IGN has spread misinformation in the last few years. the last thing i remember was about Mass Effect 3  DLC.

It only goes against your case to post a link that says "over 1 million copies sold at launch".

In my understanding that means it only takes 1 million players to unstabilize their servers and make them wait 3 weeks for some playrs to leave before they can sell back their spots.

Thumbs UP for that! finally someone gets it.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

What a bunch of unfounded hogwash, mixed with forum PVP.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

It only goes against your case to post a link that says "over 1 million copies sold at launch".

That was over one million pre=sold ....sorry English reading for the win

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Thumbs UP for that! finally someone gets it.

Where will you be building your next bridge ?......it's bad enough one person can't understand a number now you are trying to confirm

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-hits-400k-concurrent-users-before-launch/

Remember that the 1 million number was pre-purchased only, not counting pre-orders.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Baiting is way dif then trolling remeber the tread about making up your own meanings to crap? 

Trolling would be going from Topic to topic bashing a certain product just for giggles. I blame foreigners for using the terms wrong then the people that heard it wrong and couldn't take the time to find out how it was first used and who made it up. 

Also I don't think I want them selling new copies yet when I have a que at like 3am est on a us server to get into LA.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

must suck way more to pay for a headstart and not being able too login because arena net failed to provide stable servers. LOL

arena.net underestimated the importance of a smooth launch and players leaving already.

Really? Because the way I remembered it the servers only went down for like 5 hours or so. I had already called it a night and when I woke the servers had been down, and were already back up.

Not to mention I have had ZERO issues be it bugs or crashing like some say.