Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: Our Time is Now trailer

Comments

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Gas mask + graffiti + youth - rebellion
    Gw2 - rebellion

U guys are dense lol

People understand what the idea is. But the execution is simply bad. It doesn't have any clear connection.

Really, i have to agree with people talking about TSW. Weird trailer.

Hmmm so was the famous 1980's Apple video it had nothing to do with computers but it did have to do with the times changing and that is why it was such a good video and SO is this trailer as well, years from now we will be talking about this trailer in the same scope as Apple's controversial yet awesome commercial.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

Had I seen this before getting the game I would not have bought the game.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Not if they don't get their act together, it won't be.  Talk about dropping the ball...

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Krytycal

ANET really needs to hire some professional writers.

You don't know what the word professional means, do you?

Come on now. Jeff Grubb

Exactly my point.  He's a professional writer, it's his profession, ie: he gets paid for it.  Personal opinions about quality have nothing to do with the meaning of the word.

No I agree with you and I like Jeff Grubb. I qoted you because I have Krytycal on my block list for obvious reasons.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by latinkuro
    Gw2 - rebellion

U guys are dense lol

People understand what the idea is. But the execution is simply bad. It doesn't have any clear connection.

Hmmm so was the famous 1980's Apple video it had nothing to do with computers but it did have to do with the times changing and that is why it was such a good video and SO is this trailer as well, years from now we will be talking about this trailer in the same scope as Apple's controversial yet awesome commercial.

Really ? 

Regardless of a hidden meaning or how you want to dress it up a bad AD is still Bad ... Paint a Turd multiple colours and call it art but at the end of the day it's still a turd .. 

So than, would you think that making trailers showcasing character models and combat that will never happen in-game is a better idea? think SWTOR for a second and watch the following pieces of garbage, granted the sound and the cutscene style makes it appealing but anyone buying this for what is shown will be grosely dissapointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy31ClAPRcE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbkE-wteHAM&feature=player_embedded

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Gw2 - rebellion

U guys are dense lol

Really ? 

Regardless of a hidden meaning or how you want to dress it up a bad AD is still Bad ... Paint a Turd multiple colours and call it art but at the end of the day it's still a turd .. 

Well, some people like turd.  You ever seen that two girls one cup video?

What I mean is that at this point, whether it is good or not is subjective.  Whether it pulls in customers will be the ultimate factor on if it is a successful commercial or not.

In my opinion though, it's terribly cliche and it looks more like TSW. image

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

So than, would you think that making trailers showcasing character models and combat that will never happen in-game is a better idea? think SWTOR for a second and watch the following pieces of garbage, granted the sound and the cutscene style makes it appealing but anyone buying this for what is shown will be grosely dissapointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy31ClAPRcE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbkE-wteHAM&feature=player_embedded

At the end of the full trailer, the panda laughs at the camera. That signified WoW laughing at the remaining fans for buying the last ditch effort that they threw into keeping their game alive.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

Thank you for this fantastic Secret World trailer! That´s what I call cross promotion...

Perhaps, after all ANet regrets they made another game in a medieval setting and therefore they didn´t show the cow feeding / egg collecting parts and went for gasmasks instead?

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Misaris

Thank you for this fantastic Secret World trailer! That´s what I call cross promotion...

Perhaps, after all ANet regrets they made another game in a medieval setting and therefore they didn´t show the cow feeding / egg collecting parts and went for gasmasks instead?

Could have used this then just put GW2 logo at the end 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5i5g1rfZE

:p

Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Originally posted by Misaris

Could have used this then just put GW2 logo at the end 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5i5g1rfZE

:p

woah, that´s freakin´ amazing for a fanmade trailer..  hey, and it even uses a lot of ingame footage, unlike the Arenanet trailer version for TSW.. lol

but needs moar Illuminati gasmasks!!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

someone posted a youtube comment that the trailer soundtrack ripoffs Dream is Collapsing from Inception

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_4f17QBlA

im inclined to agree

i love the trailer soundtrack 

but would have been better suited for TSW

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Yea terrible trailer IMO, lol it was funny but in a bad way, atleast haters and fans can agree on something...not only that but gives haters more ammunition ha hahaha, lawd.

I even thumbs down the video, I mean hell you gotta be honest, even if the company did make one of the best MMOs yet.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Yea terrible trailer IMO, lol it was funny but in a bad way, atleast haters and fans can agree on something...not only that but gives haters more ammunition ha hahaha, lawd.

I even thumbs down the video, I mean hell you gotta be honest, even if the company did make one of the best MMOs yet.

Heathen! Not their problem you don't understand art!

How does anyone even use that argument with a straight face?

I lol'd just typing it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

"Coke-fuelled excess" is the most succinct description I can think of.

Nevertheless, it may actually attract the interest of people who had no prior knowledge of the game or the genre, and I guess that's its intention.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Didnt like it one bit. What did it have to do with GW2 exactly? Yeah they showed a little of the game at the end but wtf....

Do a top notch cg trailer or dont do one at all!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

me i love it,

and i will steal the comment that some1 else posted on the video via youtube comment.

This is a great commercial but, as we notice these days, lots of people are too dense to understand anything.

The real world situations represent YOU, the real world player, and I'm certain the "Our time is NOW" reference refers to both ARENANET's time to shine, as well as game story & new gameplay style.

We've kinda been stuck with THAT? OTHER RPG (it, whose name must not be spoken) without any options or choice, for a while. It's reign is over... NOW is the time for a new fun.

GJ, Arenanet.

posted by demolisherx2

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Heathen! Not their problem you don't understand art!

How does anyone even use that argument with a straight face?

I lol'd just typing it.

I lol'ed even more at how many people are here defending the trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I loved V for Vendetta, but GW2 is no V, and the MMORPG genre/WoW is no fascist government for us to rise against. While the idea worked great for the movie, it's too try-hard for a video game trailer, especially when you consider said game is not even all that revolutionary to begin with. It's the equivalent of a Wendy's commercial with anti-establishment undertones dissing the fast food industry for being too stale. I'm sure all the antsy, nihilistic teenagers will flock to the nearest Wendy's to stick it to the man by buying a baconator. That will show those evil big macs! Viva la revolucion!

I didn't think it was that hard to see through their cliched BS, but then here's people defending the trailer and saying we're too dense to get it. I'm telling you, that whole sandbox mentality is a weird thing.

Originally posted by sk8chalif

me i love it,

and i will steal the comment that some1 else posted on the video via youtube comment.

This is a great commercial but, as we notice these days, lots of people are too dense to understand anything.

The real world situations represent YOU, the real world player, and I'm certain the "Our time is NOW" reference refers to both ARENANET's time to shine, as well as game story & new gameplay style.

We've kinda been stuck with THAT? OTHER RPG (it, whose name must not be spoken) without any options or choice, for a while. It's reign is over... NOW is the time for a new fun.

GJ, Arenanet.

posted by demolisherx2

I love how some keep thinking those that don't like it feel that way because they don't get it. Really amusing...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

oh cool real world people scrambling together to play an MMO. This idea is totally new for a MMO ad... NOT
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

me i love it,

GJ, Arenanet.

posted by demolisherx2

I love how some keep thinking those that don't like it feel that way because they don't get it. Really amusing...

This other piece of history art here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4 explains exactly why this trailer was made I'd even say GW2 trailer was directly inspired by it, If you don't get it to bad for you if you do welcome to the real world.

This other piece of history art here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4 explains exactly why this trailer was made I'd even say GW2 trailer was directly inspired by it, If you don't get it to bad for you if you do welcome to the real world.

The fact that you guys equate some not liking this video to them not getting it says a hell of a lot more about you than anyone else.

May want to take the red pill and head there yourself.

The fact that you guys equate some not liking this video to them not getting it says a hell of a lot more about you than anyone else.

May want to take the red pill and head there yourself.

Learn to READ did I ever use the word LIKE, I could care less if you like it or NOT I do that's what counts for me.

no red pill option for you take the blue pill and stay inslaved.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    So I finally watched the trailer with sound after being at work all day. While I didn't care much for the trailer, I still think its miles ahead of the WoW one.  I think all of my deleted level 70 WoW toons were turning in their graves.
  • Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

Most of the beginning was not needed and just..eh.

I could understand the last few parts, but it wasn't all too exitingly awesome. It just made me feel how much of a life I choose to spend in games and I dont like being reminded of it.