Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope you change your attitude PW/Cryptic

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

Look at STO you never see the new good additions because they get shoved to the bottom by garbage (like "Im publishing a TEST! Enjoy my garbage") before you can even see them, and people don't like wading through mounds of garbage looking for the a good one.

Maybe it's true right after it goes to the Community auth. tab, but after some good reviews it will quickly jump upwards. There's the Foundry spotlight as well, the community can spread the word too (like STOked usually reviews good Foundry missions), so good quality stuff won't stay down at the bottom for long...

Khm... there's a new thing to learn every day :) slight addition to my comment above:

So, there's a dropdown box at the search. Never used it before. Long story short - you can search the new stuff if you want. And you get a filtered list with only the recently authored missions. It was new info to me as well :)

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176
    HOW COULD THEY MAKE MONEY OFF A CASH SHOP IF YOU COULD RUN A PRIVATE SERVER AND GIVE YOURSELF THE BEST ITEMS?  The game is free.  Devs need to earn a living. 
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Really though? you assume just because its F2P its P2W? you gotta be kidding me bro because there are mmos that are F2P and in no way P2W.

No. what makes me assume it will be P2W is three words "Perfect World International", everyone of their games they have made from the start is P2W.

So apparently what your saying is the F2P mmos out there are always from Perfect World. Seems to me that Perfect world is the only company with F2P mmos to you. I'm saying in general, you see a mmo is F2P you assume right away its P2W, that doesn't sound fair. I assume that because its perfect world and cryptic making the game/publishing they are P2W. which assumption sounds better and no I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Gdemami
    This is nonsense.

Regardless how good or bad the builder is, there will be vastly, I mean VASTLY, more garbage player created content than the quality one.

That is mostly why developers avoid player created content - it is mostly awful.

Only what better builder will do is make those rare, occasional gems more shiny.

What would solve the garbage content is if they DIDN'T dumb it down, then you would have quality missions and content from people that know what they are doing and have experience at it.

You make it for Joe Blow that dosen't know a syntax error from a mouse all you are going to get is poodoo,

Look at STO you never see the new good additions because they get shoved to the bottom by garbage (like "Im publishing a TEST! Enjoy my garbage") before you can even see them, and people don't like wading through mounds of garbage looking for the a good one.

Really?  You can't find any good player created missions?  Dude, there is a TUTORIAL on how to properly navigate the player created missiosn tab.  I think you knew about it and ignored it on purpose just so you could tell the "truth" when you said that you couldn't find any good player created missions.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

If this is going to be the same peice of garbage that the STO Foundry is, I will save my money for something else. If they want a truely EPIC game they will follow the course Bioware did in 2002..don't just let people build 'episodes' let them build WORLDS. Some of the abilities of BW's NWN1 that if Cryptics Neverwinter allowed I would be drooling over it.

1.) Private server runnable under Windows and Linux  <-- I'm Sorry , you're joking ? Right ? What year do you think this is ?  

2.) MySQL link to game data so you could have leaderboards and monster data on websites.  <-- See above comment.

3.) A DECENT scripting system, not like the dumbed down version in STO Foundry  <--- Honestly this is a company that in my opinion can't proverbily  " walk and chew gum at the same time ".

If the NW Foundry is going to be a POS like the STO one is.. If Cryptic is going to try to hype that they will be better than Biowares NWN1 / Aurora Toolset I will give it a pass.

(Former authour of a huge 700+ area NWN1 world that had custom scripted areas, spawns, treasure, encounters, custom creatures based on Dragonlance - this was Ansalon - The World of Krynn)

You want the good ole days od NWN / Aurora back, frankly I don't blame you. It was fun and interest times. That's never coming back, though. When's the last time a company opened it's code for a game they were no longer supporting ? They don't because they now put it out as F2P and bleed it as long as they can. even when they shutter it they'd rather hold the code then release it.

Having seen Cryptic's past work , I guarantee you'll be very disappointed. Cyrptic's entire plan is to sell the game for a one time price and then C-Store you to death , as a player or author of foundry missions. The only creative ability you'll have is the story you make up. They will own that btw , through the user agreement. This company in my opinion is very shady in it's practices and it's press releases. I suggest you just stay away from it and any of it's products.

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Dude,  I think you knew about it and ignored it on purpose just so you could tell the "truth" when you said that you couldn't find any good player created missions.

"Dude" please go back to trolling the STO forums...its not wanted here...

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

I really liked the original NWN however the 2nd one was still point and click after WSAD was long introduced. It didn't give anyone nearly the same exp. I think NW fans are still looking at the original as the main template. The first one was free to however it was not p2w and had no cash shops. 

However I guess since there going to the mmo route instead of the Single player storyline with multiplayer online support from dedicated servers route it probally wont give original players/developers the whole rp experience that they are looking for from the older version.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

1.) Private server runnable under Windows and Linux

2.) MySQL link to game data so you could have leaderboards and monster data on websites.

3.) A DECENT scripting system, not like the dumbed down version in STO Foundry

1: Will not happen. No money to be made as the cost to maintain it will we way to high.

2: Might actually happen in some form or another

3: Unlikley looking at the two earlier incarnations of the system.

So i guess they will not be seeing you.

This have been a good conversation

• demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Really , you have no idea how many private servers there were when perfect world (later it became international ) came out! Saw some from the other games , but perfect world game was the one with most. Fan sites are pretty much the first thing that comes before even the game so nothing new to think about.
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Dude,  I think you knew about it and ignored it on purpose just so you could tell the "truth" when you said that you couldn't find any good player created missions.

"Dude" please go back to trolling the STO forums...its not wanted here...

Hey, you are the one intentionally ignoring informaiton that proves your argument wrong here, not me.

Originally posted by Weretigar

I really liked the original NWN however the 2nd one was still point and click after WSAD was long introduced. It didn't give anyone nearly the same exp. I think NW fans are still looking at the original as the main template. The first one was free to however it was not p2w and had no cash shops. 

However I guess since there going to the mmo route instead of the Single player storyline with multiplayer online support from dedicated servers route it probally wont give original players/developers the whole rp experience that they are looking for from the older version.

Well, NWN2 was not created by Bioware, it was an attempt to continue the NWN line by another company and it failed dismally (as I forsee Neverwinter doing). I suggest PW/Cryptic not state they are a continuation of Biowares NWN. That would be misleading. It sounds to me like they are going to try to get the old NWN fanbase to buy Neverwinter stating its a 'Return to the original" because it will be a far cry from it. All I see at the moment is STO with different graphics and storyline

Originally posted by Anaba77

[mod edit]

Well, you see, what information Cryptic has put out about Neverwinter, it is a worked over STO. Uses same engine, same type of 'Foundry' (STO is the testbed for NW's foundry) . Champion Online was the testbed for STO.

Some companys do the same thing so you dont even need a beta.

And my main QQ about Neverwinter is that PW/Cryptic keep crowing its a 'Return to Neverwinter' and it is not. Now if they want to make it as great as the original Bioware NW except updated to current technology I would be the first onboard.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    [mod edit]

Well, you see, what information Cryptic has put out about Neverwinter, it is a worked over STO. Uses same engine, same type of 'Foundry' (STO is the testbed for NW's foundry) . Champion Online was the testbed for STO.

And my main QQ about Neverwinter is that PW/Cryptic keep crowing its a 'Return to Neverwinter' and it is not. Now if they want to make it as great as the original Bioware NW except updated to current technology I would be the first onboard.

sometimes F2P just isnt cheap enough to warrant giving a game any attention.. and after the debacle with STO and CO.. neither game really had anything going for them, and their going to be competing directly with DDO.. hard to imagine how thats going to work out for them tbh..    maybe if it was released on console as a B2P without a cash shop..  image

Originally posted by Phry
    [mod edit]

sometimes F2P just isnt cheap enough to warrant giving a game any attention.. and after the debacle with STO and CO.. neither game really had anything going for them, and their going to be competing directly with DDO.. hard to imagine how thats going to work out for them tbh..    maybe if it was released on console as a B2P without a cash shop..  image

The "debacle"?  What debacle?  The poor quality control of the NightHawk patch that screwed up a lot of the game but was fixed in later patches?  The promising of a proper second faction that resulted in half formed KDF content?  If you want a real debacle, check out the cash shop Gpotato made for Allods, or the infamous NGE and CU patches for SWG.  Hell, the sudden canceling of City of Heroes by NCSoft is a bigger debacle than anything I ever heard of coming from STO and CO!

As for NW competing with DDO...I don't see it as much competition.  NW has so much going for it, and given that it has won multiple "game of the show" awards at the many conventions it was shown at, I don't really see how you could view DDO as competition.

Finally, released on console as a B2P without a cash shop?  Really?  Not even Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 did that.  Thats just unrealistic wishful thinking right there.