Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

weird sound bug

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hey there.

So far it happened three times, and only in PvP: all sound effects are gone, and I just hear some annoyingly lound pulsing beep on my left speaker / left side of the headset. Everything else works normally. And it's no broken hardware or something, guild wars 2 is creating that sound. I can quit GW2 to stop that sound, and restart it. But since that bug only appears during PvP, I'm already out of the battleground when I restart, and have to queue for another hour or so.

Anyone else had this? Or any advice?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

You want annoying and loud. Go to the final zone in front of Arah, the machines there will blow your ear drums out. Or when fire elementals make a crap ton of noise and drown out everything else.

Also for some reason in CoF explorer mode, one of the NPCs randomly gets magnified 10 fold in sound when he talks randomly during the instance.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    This has also happened to me and a few friends I know during personal story events and large scale zone events, like the dragon fights.  No idea what causes it.  
  • klerkenklerken Member UncommonPosts: 53
    just happened to me also, nice to hear it's not a hardware problem on my end, exit game and reenter fixed it for me though
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    It's happened to me many times. Some times some of the sound effects will just be horribly loud for no reason.
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah, happened to me in the fight against the Swamp Monster in Queensdale.

Seems to be an overload of shit going on around you.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    last night the game sound got very low for me,  I cold her ait but it was about half the volume it should have been . Ventrillo was normal volume and to hear the game sound Ventrillo was blasting me out of the house. I reloggged the game and everything was fine and no probelems in the 5 or 6 hours played today. Weird. Oh and mine was in PvE

I miss DAoC

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Homitu
    This has also happened to me and a few friends I know during personal story events and large scale zone events, like the dragon fights.  No idea what causes it.  

+1. normally happens to me against tequatl and the big event in straits of devastation. CTD soon follows after it happens.