Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: Our Time is Now trailer

Comments

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650
    It sorta breaks the feels and style of Guild Wars 2. It's well done but doesn't give GW2 any justice.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I wonder if this means the revolution will be televised?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Tattoo being drawn on the model's face when she came out of the water was cool - I instantly recognized "OK she's a norn!" but beyond that... the transition from RL to game graphics wasn't good.

Very underwhelming.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    I can't watch the video ATM...but it seriously sounds like one of those NES or Sega commercials from the 90's lol.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Gas mask + graffiti + youth - rebellion
    Gw2 - rebellion

U guys are dense lol

People understand what the idea is. But the execution is simply bad. It doesn't have any clear connection.

Really, i have to agree with people talking about TSW. Weird trailer.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

srsly...are gamers nowdays so stupid? Can't u see the symbolism of this trailer?

Ppl join together...means u join together ingame to fight the evil

it shows the connection between fantasy and real world

also it has some stuff related to the current mmo market...just use your IQ.

This is art guys...not all are allowed to understand this....sadly.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by rastapastor

srsly...are gamers nowdays so stupid? Can't u see the symbolism of this trailer?

I got it. It's still a lame trailer.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Bioware said the Mass Effect 3 ending(s) were "art" and people just didn't understand their vision....

Nice cover up when it's really just not very good.

You want to see REAL art for a game trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

• ohpowerohpower Member Posts: 72

Hum... don't want to be offensive or anything, but what you're saying is completely obvious. So everyone must have understood it. It's like a bad joke: just because noone laughs doesn't noone understood, just that your tastes in humour are... well not to other people's liking.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    At the start i was thinking WTF, then they started building up the theme and message which was great until the transition to the game part where the message just seemed to die with a whimper rather than a bang which was a shame.  I would hope that people would look past this and look into the game itself before making a decision but i don't see the video doing much for promoting the game sadly.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Hmm till the woman got out of the water I thought to myself "hmm I clicked a link on a guildwars trailer, yet seeing The Secret World" , till as said the woman came out of the water.

Trailer got me slightly confused.......

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    They shouldn't make TSW trailers for GW2... after all, we know how that game's doing.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Its embarrassing when video games try to sell themselves as important. This ad reeks of self importance. Awful.

You don't think there was a subtle message abotu TSW being one of the something to leave behind and rise up against do you? Maybe the visual comparisons are coincidental...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

It's like someone was hired who was working on a TSW trailer and he's like "I gots a short cut guys!" and they went with it....

Seriously if they just showed the logo and went "buy this ___ now!" it would have sat better with me.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Bioware said the Mass Effect 3 ending(s) were "art" and people just didn't understand their vision....

Nice cover up when it's really just not very good.

You want to see REAL art for a game trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

Rasta is a freshman theatre or art major... calling it. 

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Angier2758

It's like someone was hired who was working on a TSW trailer and he's like "I gots a short cut guys!" and they went with it....

Seriously if they just showed the logo and went "buy this ___ now!" it would have sat better with me.

lol, I was like the beginning was so TSW and what does this have anything to do with GW2.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Wait a minute, wait a minute... did anyone else notice the dragon in the smoke right at the start of the firewalking scene?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Zuvielify
    Originally posted by TalulaRose
    I thought the gal with the gas mask was an Illuminati. Had to look at the title to make sure I was watching a trailer for GW2 and not TSW.

wtf...

Seriously, that would have made way more sense as a TSW trailer. 

Sadly, this is very true.

The trailer looks like it was made by someone who has no idea about what "fantasy" means.

Maby it was made for people that hate fantasy MMOs, or have no interest in them, but... why??

Nobody makes trailers for Lord of the Rings with Aragorn and Gandalf driving in a car and eating in McDonalds...

Originally posted by Volkon
    Wait a minute, wait a minute... did anyone else notice the dragon in the smoke right at the start of the firewalking scene?

No, I think I  missed it while I was thinking "Why the fuck is there a fire-walking scene?"

Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Volkon

No, I think I  missed it while I was thinking "Why the fuck is there a fire-walking scene?"

I didn't notice it until the fourth time watching it... there's a big dragon head in the smoke that turns towards the camera and opens its mouth.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

They need to fire the guy who came up with that.  And then they need to fire the guy who ok'd it.  WTF was that?

Hey Anet!  Start off with the Heroes coming out of the water and go from there.  That would have been way more epic, IMO.  Show off the best of your game.  The amazing look of it.  That's what will draw people in initially.  Then the other amazing part of your game, the gameplay itself, will keep them there.

As someone who has no idea how to be a marketing director, I'm pretty sure my idea beats that crap any day of the week.  I hope you're relying mostly on word of mouth for sales because that trailer ain't gonna do it.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

They should have emphasized the action feel of GW2, since you'll be fighting most of the time, not walking on coals or going swimming or whatever it was these amazingly toned and attractive people were doing in this trailer...

One of my fave in-game-graphics-fueled trailers was this one for Borderlands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFWti6mkg

It showed the graphics, presented it at interesting angles, had a good soundtrack, and the text told people about the game.  This GW2 one doesn't do much of those things..

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Did they give them a $500 budget to shoot the trailer?
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Adiaris
    Originally posted by Lorkii
    Definately like how I feel about the game, not epic at all.

Thanks for sharing. Now go play your epic game... oh wait.

So insulting is your answer? Kind of wonder where from GW2 fanbois draw all their anger tbh.