Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll for Future Content in STO

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

In the lastest Ask Cryptic, released today, they announced a poll meant to capture what the playerbase would like to see most in 2013.

The poll can be found here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=379951

Quite a few things I'd like to see worked on or added to the game in this list.  Very hard to pick just one.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Meh , same softball questions as every other ask Cryptic. Only thing really new here is that they revived this farce. My favorite line.

Q: (fedwarrior) For two factions at war, the feds and klinks don’t appear to engage each other much. Is there any plans to improve PVP and make it more a core part of the game?

Dstahl: Even though this question pops up every month, it is important to note that I’m taking the “build it and they will come” attitude towards the KDF..........

They've been building it for 2 years + now.

As for the poll, nothing new.  The top 5 things haven't changed since the last poll. I love how the people want the Romulans , yet they can't even populate and fill out klingon content. Another Cryptic attempt to molify the masses. They are attempting to make it appear that the listen and actually care. Be assured, the future content will be half-assed as the rest of the prior content was. The only saving grace of this game is the gimped foundry. I miss the days when f2p meant the code was opened to the community and they would make the mods and content to extend the life of a game. This stuff is crap.

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

As for the poll, nothing new.  The top 5 things haven't changed since the last poll. I love how the people want the Romulans , yet they can't even populate and fill out klingon content. Another Cryptic attempt to molify the masses. They are attempting to make it appear that the listen and actually care. Be assured, the future content will be half-assed as the rest of the prior content was. The only saving grace of this game is the gimped foundry. I miss the days when f2p meant the code was opened to the community and they would make the mods and content to extend the life of a game. This stuff is crap.

I agree. It is fairly evident that episodic content is not going to get any further attention, so adding a new facttion that would require episodic content is a pipe dream. I logged in a bit this past weekend and found there are new lockboxes, new grindfests (for fleet advancement) and little of anything else except more C-Store junk.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by ShardWarrior

I logged in a bit this past weekend and found there are new lockboxes, new grindfests (for fleet advancement) and little of anything else except more C-Store junk.

consider yourself lucky, those "new" lockboxes wil be out of the game pretty soon, so you almost skipped them entirely :) (there's already a guessing thread on forum, what will be the next one, 'cos it's obvious that we won't have the privilege to play without them... man, how I loathe lockboxes...)

As for the poll, I pick feature episodes, but KDF content or Foundry improvement would be nice too.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Give me playable BORG. I'd be back in a second.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I can play as BORG, as bought LT sub

That is the way to play it, and bringing BORG in as playable to all would lessen the LT sub

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Looking for new ideas for the cash shop no doubt.  I remember reading something here about the community asking for something, maybe it was a ship type, and a couple of months later it showed up in game......as a cash shop item.
  • VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    The Playable Romulan folks always make me chuckle - have they looked at the Klingons?  Playable Romulans would start at level 49 and require 1 xp to ding 50, eh?  :)

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Originally posted by snapfusion
    Looking for new ideas for the cash shop no doubt.  I remember reading something here about the community asking for something, maybe it was a ship type, and a couple of months later it showed up in game......as a cash shop item.

Kitty Karrier!

Given the model, why wouldn't such items end up in the cash shop?  While I'm no fan of cash shops, why would somebody expect anything other than that in a case like this?

I'm actually tempted to install STO again.  Not really to play - but to dork around in the Foundry.

I still kind of kick myself for deleting my Odyssey/Bortas toons earlier in the year - it's ridiculous how much they're asking for both the T5, Fleet, and even the Anniversary versions.

Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I can play as BORG, as bought LT sub

That is the way to play it, and bringing BORG in as playable to all would lessen the LT sub

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime

Borg only assimilates one if he/she is worthy to be part of the Collective. PWE Borg assimilates you, if you've paid enough :)

(or, from different approach, you've paid to be Liberated. If only Picard knew he just need to buy lifetime sub... :) )

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Im actually suprised they didnt include a *More Lockboxes* option for that poll.

That entire poll sums up one true answer.

The STO community wants content that fits with the Star Trek Universe, they want what fits true with that universe, not useless gimmiks and lockboxes.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

Im actually suprised they didnt include a *More Lockboxes* option for that poll.

The STO community wants content that fits with the Star Trek Universe, they want what fits true with that universe, not useless gimmiks and lockboxes.

How true that is, people have been bitching about how non-Star Trek this game is but they never seem to take the hint.

In regard to how "Star Trek" the game is - that's pretty subjective, no?  Consider the different series, the different movies (Hell, for this, we'll even let the JJverse in, eh?) - and - then say that "Star Trek" is one thing?  It may be a case that they're not as focused on certain aspects of Star Trek that part of the community wants; but that's not the same as saying it's not "Star Trek"....

...though, the one thing I think many could agree on - it's not "Star Trek" in scale.  It feels so small...meh.

• SilverdaggerSilverdagger Member UncommonPosts: 119

VirusDancer: "It may be a case that they're not as focused on certain aspects of Star Trek that part of the community wants; but that's not the same as saying it's not "Star Trek"...."

Lets just leave it at "they're not focused".  

Actually, it's pretty logical from them. Obviously, the community doesn't want lockboxes (at least the vocal part of it, there's also a part who's buying the keys all the time... which is sad).

Then, obviously PWE wants to keep the galaxy flooded with lockboxes.

So, it's logical not to ask the community about it, they don't want a fiasco which could be recited in the future "see, there was a poll, and almost nobody wanted your lame lockbox scam, so stop it already" :)

The State of game letter of september is out. Not exactly fit for the poll :) Season 7, improved Foundry, and maybe some improvement on Klingons. And we got the answer to why they didn't include More lockboxes option: they can provide it without any question... so now both cardassian and ferengi lockboxes are in-game, again... luckily only for a week.