Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Game Sales Reopen, New Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that digital sales of Guild Wars 2 have resumed on the official site. To celebrate the good news, a new trailer, "Our Time Is Now", has been released. The trailer was created by James McTeigue, known for his work on the Matrix Trilogy and V for Vendetta.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

lol.

Oh artists.  You're so artsy!

Trailers like that make me embarrassed to admit that I play that game. But, I acknowledge the hard work that went into that and that it is quality work.  That said, it still felt like a nintendo commercial from the 80s. 

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    I prefer it over Skyrim live action trailer. the moment Dovahkin showed up I face-palmed so hard.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

lol.

Oh artists.  You're so artsy!

Trailers like that make me embarrassed to admit that I play that game.

Yeah lol.. I'd be embarrassed to call myself an artist if I made that. Complete trash

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    just threw up in my mouth.
    Originally posted by QSatu
    I prefer it over Skyrim live action trailer. the moment Dovahkin showed up I face-palmed so hard.

What I loved about the Skyrim trailer was that all the townsfolk in the game were running for cover.

But in-game they just stand there and stare at you until the dragon kills them.

Like Sven in Riverwood.  Just stared at me and then got roasted. Lol. Ah... good memory.

The Skyrim trailer blew this out of the water;)

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

"The trailer was created by James McTeigue, known for his work on the Matrix Trilogy and V for Vendetta."

Well that explains it. Never did like Matrix or V for Vendetta.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

What I loved about the Skyrim trailer was that all the townsfolk in the game were running for cover.

But in-game they just stand there and stare at you until the dragon kills them.

Like Sven in Riverwood.  Just stared at me and then got roasted. Lol. Ah... good memory.

Someone was working on a mod for that. Some guards stood their ground, some ran away, and townsfolk ran inside their houses. Pretty sweet.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    When this trailer started off, it felt more like a TSW trailer hehe!
  • ClobClob Member Posts: 130
    While I don't think it's awful, it certainly isn't something I expected from ANet.  It's completely different than anything they've ever done.  Specifically, including real people.  I have to admit I thought it a joke or for something else during the first half.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

That was... really stupid, sorry. Most of that had nothing to do whatsoever with GW2.

And what's up with undead King Ghidorah there?

I think what makes the trailer so stupid is that its doesn't make any sense, what so ever.

So.... its time for a bunch of 20 year old hot white people to do random weird shit in strange unrealistic places?

And then a ethnic rich group of GW2 characters who're all dressed in some of the dumbest looking armor I've seen in the game climb out of an ocean and yell at a dragon!

Doesn't represent Guild Wars 2 what so ever, in my opinion.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Lol that was awkward. I think they jumped the shark on that one.

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    This trailer was a lot worse than Skyrims IMHO. In Skyrim at least it was all rugged and medieval...the creator here trying to connect with its target audience by showing the target audience for 80% of the trailer? FAIL!

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

me likes

sz

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    Coulda sworn youtube was showing a TSW advert before the video, then I realized it was the video lol.
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

You cannot be seriously serious....

-.-   Don't know if fanboying or just extremely bad taste.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

You cannot be seriously serious....

-.-   Don't know if fanboying or just extremely bad taste.

Unless you can do live action fantasy EXTREMELY good (like at the level of Lotr), don't bother. it simply looks awkward. like Dovahkin in  the trailer.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Modern day + Hoodie + Gas mask = TSW.

I had to check to make sure it was GW2.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Hard to get excited over them selling to new customers again when many current customers still can't get into their own accounts because they were hacked and stolen.
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

That sucked!  Good things games largely aren't liked or disliked based on the trailer.  Blizzard and Bioware have nothing to worry about in the trailers department that's for sure!   LOL!

No matter what you think of WoW or SWTOR, their trailers destroy this!  Heck, DC Universe online had a trailer cinematic that was MUCH cooler!

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Its like over at ANet they thought :

"Well we just dethroned WoW... what now?"

Um, have to stop you right there chief!  Detroned WoW?  We'll see on September 25th!  I'd argue it hasn't even dethroned WoW right now, but we'll really see on the 25th.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    I am so horribly embarrassed. Even as a devout gw2 fan.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Kinda cool, but I wouldn't have done it that way. Our time is to all get on the couch and pay video games err fight back? It would have been cooler if they did it less edgy.