Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Game Update 1.4 Arrives on PTS

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware and the Star Wars: The Old Republic team have announced that Game Update 1.4 is now live on the public test server. Players can log into the special server to try out the new features that will arrive with this big update.

The update brings a host of changes to SWTOR including:

• New Weapons and Armor – Upgrade your characters’ effectiveness and appearance with the Legendary Dread Guard gear.

• Improved Group Finder –Join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.

• Unify Colors for Companions – You can now select an option to match all your companion’s gear to his or her chest piece for a more stylish look.

• New ‘Facial Expression’ Emotes – A new set of slash commands will allow you to set your character’s expression. Let the rest of the galaxy know how you really feel.

Find out more on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Dreeeeeeeeeeeead Guuuuuuuuuard gear!

I'd prefer to wear a tshirt that has ARMOR written on it with a crayon.

Facial emotes thing is cute.  ANGRY FACE I'm sure will be the most popular.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

facial expressions are HUGE!

get your game face on

sz

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I can't wait for hide companion head gear and match to chest LOL

I am going to run to GTN right away and pick up some pieces LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

picturing my trooper in that tshirt made me laugh, I havent seen what the 'dread guard' gear actually looks like but judging by the games track record I'm sure your right.  The unify colors feature for companions is great but like many other things in this game, it should have been there at release, to little to late to bring me back.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    10 months ago I would have been OMG!!! Now I just drive by the train wreck and don't even peek.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    Dread Guard Gear looks exactly like Campaign gear except they changed the colour.
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by Skuz
    Dread Guard Gear looks exactly like Campaign gear except they changed the colour.

And the world shook their head in unison.

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I so want that t-shirt crayon armor. Thanks for today's Hearty Laugh of the Day.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

All I get is page not found, even after logging in.

Anyway, they are definitely in maintenance mode now.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    they are adding a new raid, but this is a hardly a set of features to be excited about.  Improved group finder is something any other company would either patch overnight or do as a minor thing over next weeks maintenence.
  • kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423
    This game still exists with a Dev staff?
  • AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Jeesus marry and joseph !!!! Is this game still being aloud to dissapoint !!! Love the t-shirt armour comment.

Im still not coming back unles they make the game alot like swg and exactly like swg space.
  • AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    EA YOU WANKERS!!!! There is no way on this earth bioware would get somethibg of this magnitude so wrong! Its susposed to be a fecking starwars game nor some trade off of that rather sil old republic game , THIS GAME SHOULD B E OFF LINE
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Skuz

And the world shook their head in unison.

"What is this? The N64?"

(... I gotta admit, I am enjoying bashing BW and SWToR way too much considering the amount of actually enjoyable gameplay I got out of it back then ... I guess it's basically a clinch with the design team for me ... all that wasted potential.)

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by teakbois
    they are adding a new raid, but this is a hardly a set of features to be excited about.  Improved group finder is something any other company would either patch overnight or do as a minor thing over next weeks maintenence.

Errrrrrr.... nope.

Group Finder patches are especially trying to the developers. Any feature that is responsible for mediating gameplay between players is. (See GW2 also missing a group finder at launch... but over there it's a little less harsh because of PvE on-the-fly grouping)

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Really? Mine is happy as never been with any game. Period. Note however I care for pvp and end game as for last year snow. Period.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Not much of an update, it doesnt even seem right calling this 1.4.
  • Nikky70Nikky70 Member Posts: 12

Sometimes i wonder if anyone at Bioware or EA actually play thier own game. Someone really needs to get a grip of this game and make it what is expected of game fit to have the star wars tag.

Just a few things off the top of my head...

Smugglers need to be able to.....smuggle stuff.

Bounty hunters need to ......hunt bountys, ie smugglers doing the smuggling or bumping off people from other guilds. less of the entire world instances like balmorra for the reps and tython is for the imps. Totally instanced worlds where you never get to meet the opposition.

Force wielders need to be able to start thier own empires, capture thier own territory and form alliances and declare war against other guilds. They also need to be able to team up wthi other classes to do this, the smullglers to move kit (smuggle) between player owned territory.

People need to have more free form space shenanigans, moving resources from plaet to planet to have an impact on player owned space.

EA and Bioware, do this and you will start to win back the masses. Every star wars nut in the gaming world will sit up and take notice. They will come back to see whats new, then you can work on that and start to turn this game around.

Scuse my typos, writing this from work on my lunch break, very quickly.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

More disappointment. I get the impression that they think the game is fine. Armor? "improved" group finder? Hard to find a group when there is no one in the damn game...

I just don't get it. Where is the improved open world PVP? Where is there something to actually DO in the game? Ugh.

I don't think i have ever been more disappointed in a game.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I sometimes wonder why people feel the need to bash this game...? Did it violate them at night..? But i guess trolls need something to do now that the launcg of GW2 is done and they can not claim that the game eat babies any more... The game is a nice persistant world multiplayer game (i'd call it a mmorpg but other might not) and the only real mistake (as the devs have stated) was to not adjust their model from subscription to micro transaction before launch once it was clear that this was the way the market was heading in.

It is not a bad game in any way shape or form, but try telling that to the so called SWG Vets... Shellshocked as they are.

No this is not SWG 2... And thanks heaven for that. SWG was a unfinsihed mess, that sadly had it's devs try make a hail mary pass in the name of getting anything even close to balance in the game once they realised that they would not reach that goal in the current incarnation. In fact i think the only thing that worked was the crafting... And they should have left that well alone.

Then again this is just my opinion as a fomer Image Designer/Tailor with a Smuggler alt.

This have been a good conversation

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Yes improve open world pvp. The part of the game the least people want to partake in.
  • TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

I visualized this and busted out laughing. Well played, Sir -- well played.

I gotta ask, though  -- which "r" in 'armor' will be spelled backwards? First one? Second one? Or both?  XD

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Wow that's considered a major patch? Looks like the equivilent of a hotfix in most games.