Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth trying now?

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I just ordered the game a couple days ago. Going to play it now and into 2.0 when it releases. I only played it it a bit back in beta but back then my pc was not up to par to handle the game. Thats the only reason why I did not stick with it.
  • blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    What changes have they made so far, compared to when it launched?
  • NeekzzNeekzz Member Posts: 37

This game has made a full turn around, the new producer is making the game we all wanted 2 years ago. Alpha sighn ups are live as of yesterday. Check it out on the loadstone and enjoy! The live event leading up to the destruction of the old world has been alot of fun and I am glad I didnt miss out on the exclusive achivments and mount. I cant put the game down and 2.0 is going to be beond great.

• Sh3nanigansSh3nanigans Member Posts: 23

Supposedly servers go down Nov 11th and will be down for a few days while the transition takes place.

Probably going to wait for realm reborn, but I really want to give this game a try now.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

I am curious after the current world is destructed, does all the uber powerful characters transfer striaght into 2.0?

or current players has to create a new character and start to leveling all over again? i mean it would be a bit strangth to started out max level/gears in 2.0 and go straight into end game without doing any leveling contents.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    All of their progress is retained. Levels and all.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I'm excited about 2.0 after watching the Gamescon video. The UI is greatly improved! I played the game in beta and while there were certain aspects of the game I enjoyed, I couldn't get past the laggy UI and lack of decent mouse support(i.e. mouse movement, dragging, navigating the UI, etc.). This was the same problem I had with FFXI but that was such a better game that I just played through it. I have a $10 Amazon gift card and was thinking about grabbing the FFXIV CE for $29.99. Will I still be able to get in on the beta?

For those wondering, yes you get to keep your character. Final save point is Nov. 1st 2012. And there will be 2 new classes in ARR so everyone will get a chace to be lv 1 again.

A realm reborn  is coming and ver 1 is worth playing. The events and story in the current versions lead up to Dalmund's destruction of the current realm. It is a once in a lifetime live event that, as a final fantasy fan, I am glad I have not missed.  SE has really turned this game around already and there is so much greatness coming with the new realm.

Current players have already recieved exclusive Goobbue mounts and those that have paid for at least 3 months have recieved Legacy status that includes a lifetime discounted sub, exclusave choco drawn by the games lead artist, there name in the credits of the game and a tatoo exclusive to meteor survivors that can be turned on or off.....

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

• cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

To ask a question, before i drop some money on this again:

1) If i were to buy 3 month of play time now, would that qualify me for the Legacy discount and the other goodies?

2) is there still a good population on EU servers? as no one wants to play with themselves.

Too late for the Legacy Campain. I was going to do the same thing.
    Pity as the lodestone still has it on there with no time limit, i would have thought they would remove it if it were no longer available.

I read that the relaunched title will sell for $30 so it may be worth grabbing the game now.

Well i already own the collectors edition, even though i lost the box along with other things when moving house, and you know what, i would be foolish enough to buy the new collectors edition if they produced one.
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I just ordered the game a couple days ago. Going to play it now and into 2.0 when it releases. I only played it it a bit back in beta but back then my pc was not up to par to handle the game. Thats the only reason why I did not stick with it.

Got my game today and installing now.image

• Tdogz27Tdogz27 Member Posts: 21

Got my game today and installing now.image

Same!

Just got it in the mail and am installing now.

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117
    is there PVP in this game?

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

Originally posted by Geschaefer
    is there PVP in this game?

Not yet but it is planned for a realm reborn

I am playing a Lancer on Aegis server.  So far I like the game but I can see where all the negative about the game came from.
    Too late for the Legacy Campain. I was going to do the same thing.

I sent Square-Enix an email in regards to this. Asked if I were to pay for a 90 day subscription now, would I be elegible for the Legacy Campaign and there response was:

"Users with service accounts that have paid for at least 90 cumulative days of subscriptions between January 6, 2012 and the start of version 2.0 beta testing are eligible."

So why wouldn't we be elegible if we pay for 90 days of service right now?

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    Because they don't actually take your money until after your free 30 days are over. That and they disabled the 90 day option as to not overcharge anyone for when they take down the 1.0 servers in Nov.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Originally posted by Satimasu
    Because they don't actually take your money until after your free 30 days are over. That and they disabled the 90 day option as to not overcharge anyone for when they take down the 1.0 servers in Nov.

Ah ok, thanks!