Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So happy i dont have to pay a monthly!

2»

Comments

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    Well, IMO, it doesn t warrant a sub in the least. Others think it does, but I m willing to bet, most of those wouldn t sub if there was. I was bored in 3 days, still tried, but couldn t handle the game mechanics at all. Once that happens it s obvious I ll never like it.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    thats my bad i keep forgetting the classes are called professions in GW2. I ment my skills like leatherworking chief armorsmithing.

Well, you can only level 2 professions at a time with one char! So you have 2 chars?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    LOL repost this thread in 2months lets see if ur still happy
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

First off yes single player MMOs suck and are boring. So at all cost play with your guild and your friends.

The worst part now is the queue times for WvW, you can't play WvW which means you are not playing the game as intended. All you can do at 80 is run around farming events and world bosses or dungeon runs while waiting in WvW queue.

Fun times!

• CarnafexCarnafex Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by darkrain21

To start im not bashing on the game I love the game its fun fast and rewarding. That was the case while i leveled up. Being 80 is  still fun, WvW and plus ive started working on my SPvP ranks and ive began farming Explore modes with my friends but there is something lost when you have no defined goal  in mind.

Its not a bad thing in the least but im about to finish my 5th profession and ive only got around 2 more explore modes to go. What then? That on top of Anets terrifiyingly bad Customer service and the constant threat of losing my CC information with which i cant take off my account I think the game might have to go on the back burner.

Which is why im  happy i dont have to pay a Monthly because its easy to just pick up and play again but im still a bit down that the no end game hasnt really been working out as well as i had hoped. Just my 2 cents. Game is fantastic tho just missing something.

All I can say is wow (exclaimation, not the game).  Over-achieve much ?

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by redman875

Its easy to say "yay no subs" now when theres just one purchase involved.  Hopefully they sell you guys a decent endgame soon for$60...and in a few years you might have to pay well over $200 for the entier game...which might make subs look better since usually at that time buying a whole mmorpg that is p2p would still cost a reduced box and the sub fee..excluding that game that charges for every content patch and call them expansions...most p2p dont do that.

In City of Heroes you bought the box and payed a small sub fee while all expansions came in form of free updates.

City of Villains were a stand alone game and wasn't needed for one to be able to play City of Heroes. Later on they even merged the two making one game. The only real expansion came much later which you again could buy if you wanted but didn't had to at all.

Same thing with Guild Wars back then since all 3 campaigns weren't expansions but rather stand alone games.

People still could pvp together or be in each others guilds as also meet in certain pve areas no matter what campaign they owned or not.

Updates like Sorrows Furnace and a few other things were for free.

The only real expansion for Guild Wars was Eye of the North and people gladly bought it because  it added a lot of new contents for a small price after you have enjoyed yourself for years prior to it without paying a single dime besides the main box you had choosen at all.

So one really can't compare these games to games like Final Fantasy 11 or WoW that every expansion costs while the sub is still going on.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

My guess is

1.  there will be a paid "expansion" (small scale update which is commonly included in subscription MMOs for free) in 6 months.

2. They will approximately charge the amount worth of 6 months subscription of a regular MMO.

3. Price will be around 49 $

4. People will notice that "B2P" is nothing but a fancy new wording and slightly different scheme to make money just like any other gaming company

ANet seems to like fancy new wordings for stuff which has been around forever. Like "Dynamic events" (replacing questgiver with yellow circles) but delivering the same kill x, collect and deliver x quests known since the beginning of MMOs