Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100-0 inside CC

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

This just happened to me... by one player. CC's aren't any better in this than any other game.

I even had double the hp of what is typical.

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Uh oh...I hope they split the CC effects for PvP and PvE.  Because the CC's are pretty weak in PvE and don't need any further reduction.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by jusomdude

This just happened to me... by one player. CC's aren't any better in this than any other game.

All CCs are removed by condition removeal. If you PvP without condition removeal (you or your team) you are going to die regardless. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by xpiher

All CCs are removed by condition removeal. If you PvP without condition removeal (you or your team) you are going to die regardless. 

You can't remove a CC 1v1.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

And HP's aren't all that matter, Toughness helps a lot with dps mitigation. But like above poster said, condtition removal is key. On my necro I have 3 ways to purge conditions. 1 signet, 1 heal and remove conditions, and #4 staff.

Use use use those. But then again I stack 20 bleeds on a target so not much condition removal will do for you there.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

So.... you got owned in PvP? Isthat what Im reading?

I cant think of any class that could keep you perma stunned / knocked down, which is the only way you would have been unable to do something to get out of there. Or are you simply complaining that they had some form of CC effect on you, like a chill while you died?

Also out of curiosity. How do you know you had double the HP of normal? I wasnt aware you could inspect everyone else....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Uh

This just happened to me... by one player. CC's aren't any better in this than any other game. I even had double the hp of what is typical.

huh? I do it all the time

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Anyone been hit with a 20 second fear yet?:) I have, watching my character run away for 20 seconds without control of him is pretty interesting. (stunbreak was on cd).

Wondering if anyone knows the build or if its an exploit.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by jusomdude This just happened to me... by one player. CC's aren't any better in this than any other game. I even had double the hp of what is typical.
    Yes you can. I'm not sure if every class has a condition removeal/cc break but I know most do.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

You most certainly can.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• rt40rt40 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    CC is gw2 is perfect. really.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Like many have already told you OP. You needed some CC removal, which infact there is plenty of in GW2.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by xposeidon

Anyone been hit with a 20 second fear yet?:) I have, watching my character run away for 20 seconds without control of him is pretty interesting. (stunbreak was on cd).

Was it a necromancer?

My necromancer, albeit extremely underpowered compared to every other class (warriors, and thieves, can condition 2x better than necros fyi) has about 4 different types of fear.

One on my armor when I'm being hit (chance effect),

One on my Staff,

One on my Lich Form,

One on Downed,

I recall there being one more but I didn't invest into it?

We can also get something that increases fear duration by 50%, but most fears only last a MAX of 3seconds with that. So most likely it's an exploit that I'm unaware of as a 20second fear would make my necromancer into a God :O if it were on a cooldown less than 60seconds.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

must be an exploit.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fear:

Fear is a condition that causes an enemy to be interrupted and run directly away from the player for a short period of time, usually 1 second. Fear does not stack."

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Like many have already told you OP. You needed some CC removal, which infact there is plenty of in GW2.

Yep, and to just name one, the Warrior has a Signet of Stamina that removes all conditions whether its mobility reductions or debuffs.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Was it a necromancer?

My necromancer, albeit extremely underpowered compared to every other class (warriors, and thieves, can condition 2x better than necros fyi) has about 4 different types of fear.

One on my Staff,

One on my Lich Form,

One on Downed,

We can also get something that increases fear duration by 50%, but most fears only last a MAX of 3seconds with that. So most likely it's an exploit that I'm unaware of as a 20second fear would make my necromancer into a God :O if it were on a cooldown less than 60seconds.

I tried a fear build on my necromancer also, It casted fear when stunned, when i go down and the down skill as well, reapers mark and reapers mark when reviving someone, doom. And It had the 50% fear duration trait, 20% duration with the necromancer sigil and I'm not sure if +20% stun duration would add to that. Along with condition duration specced I can make fear last for about 3-4 seconds not sure which.

But yeah it was a necro and more likely an exploit, I'll add the stun duration on the weapon see if that makes a big difference but I doubt I'll get over 4 seconds + if i death shroud and doom after reapers mark that would make an 8 seconds fear. About a 20 second one I don't think it's possible without an exploit.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Regardless of this being incorrect, changes hsould NEVER, EVER be considered for the sake of 1v1.  In a game without open world PvP there is absolutely no justification to even consider 1v1 balance.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Not only is there the CC removals, but also the Stability boon which make you immune to CCs for usually around 10s, sometimes more depending on build.

So how do you remove CC 1v1?

Doesn't help much just saying "yes you can" without saying how.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Was it a necromancer?

One on my Staff,

One on my Lich Form,

One on Downed,

I'd say exploit. I tried building my necro fo super long duration, and with runes/sigils/traits I can't touch 6 seconds. 

But Also i think Necro's have the best condition dps, atleast for bleeds. Considering me and another necro can easily stack 25 bleeds in a large AoE, within about 3 seconds. And i by myself can stack 12 in that large area. minimum. And i'm level 59 so I've tested it very extensively. Works wonders in PvE too.

All those last over 9 seconds too. Sure blade warriors can burst you to about 8? than #1 attack to what 12? 

I don't know, after downing about 20 people simultaneously in WvW i feel Necro's have excellent condition builds.

If you want mine just PM me :)

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

My necro, I use the transfer signet in SPvP. So whens omeone stun locks me (warriors), i put it on them and their stunlock now messes them up.

Also my heal consumes conditions (which is also CC) so if I have cripple+others i use that. 

Also my staff #4 mark when triggered dps foes and cures my conditions, so if i'm locked in place i'll throw that at my feet, if anyone gets within melle i'm free.

Those are my 3 i'm specced in, but NEcro's also can spec that when they enter death shroud it gets rid of a condition, or they also get a well that removes conditions every couple seconds.

What class are you?

here is two examples from the Ele:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Fire

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnetic_Wave

and this one doesn't let you get cc'd in the first place:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_Earth

Originally posted by Wolvards

My necro, I use the transfer signet in SPvP. So whens omeone stun locks me (warriors), i put it on them and their stunlock now messes them up.

Also my heal consumes conditions (which is also CC) so if I have cripple+others i use that. 

Also my staff #4 mark when triggered dps foes and cures my conditions, so if i'm locked in place i'll throw that at my feet, if anyone gets within melle i'm free.

Those are my 3 i'm specced in, but NEcro's also can spec that when they enter death shroud it gets rid of a condition, or they also get a well that removes conditions every couple seconds.

What class are you?

How do you use your abilities while CC'd?

Thief.

umm use the skill that removes it..... for example as ELE i have several CC breakers.. one I use a lot is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form   if I'm stunned a just use the skill

How do you use your abilities while CC'd?

Thief.

if you get stunned use haste or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Signet or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep