Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned Madden 13 and picked up GW2...

QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

I was at gamestop on the night Madden 13 released for the midnight release, I buy it every year and do a franchise with my two sons, this years Madden was a HUGE bust, they kinda destroyed franchise mode. Well, it was so bad I decided to take it back and get the $30 trade in for it (yes it was bad enough to accept the $30 loss on it).

Anyways, I remembered talking to a couple guys at gamestop that night who were there to pck up their GW2 copy and some kind of figure thing in a pretty big box. So I chatted with them about it, remembering their very high opinion of it, and the fact that I had heard it was an actual MMORPG instead of a hub instanced game like the first one, I decided to drop an extra $30 along with my new store credit and give it a try.

Best desicion I have made about a game in years!

*Disclaimer*

Check my post history, not a GW faithful or fan. So take my opinion however you like, but it is (evident by my post history) coming from someone that has not followed GW2 and wasn't waiting for its release.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Comments

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Quicksand

I was at gamestop on the night Madden 13 released for the midnight release, I buy it every year and do a franchise with my two sons, this years Madden was a HUGE bust, they kinda destroyed franchise mode. Well, it was so bad I decided to take it back and get the $30 trade in for it (yes it was bad enough to accept the $30 loss on it).

Anyways, I remembered talking to a couple guys at gamestop that night who were there to pck up their GW2 copy and some kind of figure thing in a pretty big box. So I chatted with them about it, remembering their very high opinion of it, and the fact that I had heard it was an actual MMORPG instead of a hub instanced game like the first one, I decided to drop an extra $30 along with my new store credit and give it a try.

Best desicion I have made about a game in years!

*Disclaimer*

Check my post history, not a GW faithful or fan. So take my opinion however you like, but it is (evident by my post history) coming from someone that has not followed GW2 and wasn't waiting for its release.

Nothing wrong in what you are saying,no need to get defensive lol.You will find that it's the most extreme die hard fans that  can't handle anyone else not like GW2.Us more down to earth fans see the game for what it is,not the mmo to end all mmos.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Glad you are enjoying it!

I think the vast majority of people who approach the game with an open mind and realistic expectations will completely find their money's worth and a good time playing it.

My cost/hours played ratio is amazing and can see it (for me) beating Diablo 2 which holds my all-time record for that.

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Nothing wrong in what you are saying,no need to get defensive lol.You will find that it's the most extreme die hard fans that  can't handle anyone else not like GW2.Us more down to earth fans see the game for what it is,not the mmo to end all mmos.

How ironic - I understood his defensiveness perfectly since the vast majority of "big fans" who post on here see it as a good or great game but definitely not for everybody.

It's only the trolls that refer to it the way you did...

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Stx11

Originally posted by Sylvarii Nothing wrong in what you are saying,no need to get defensive lol.You will find that it's the most extreme die hard fans that  can't handle anyone else not like GW2.Us more down to earth fans see the game for what it is,not the mmo to end all mmos.

How ironic - I understood his defensiveness perfectly since the vast majority of "big fans" who post on here see it as a good or great game but definitely not for everybody.

I guess i don't have say anything else lol.

See my point OP.

I guess i don't have say anything else lol. See my point OP.

Funny because I could say the same thing! ;D

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Ok so you got rid of a sports game for a fantasy game??? still trying to see how you posted this thread. GW2  to Madden is like comparing apples to oranges. summer to winter or good to evil. There is nothing wrong with this years installment to madden other then you cant play all madden online at least not a first if you can later. Only thing is now after a week you wont be able to trade in gw2 for 30dollar credit. Your stuck wit it for life and it will more then likly not see any playtime in my opinion
  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    You made an excellent move!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Goldknyght
    Ok so you got rid of a sports game for a fantasy game??? still trying to see how you posted this thread. GW2  to Madden is like comparing apples to oranges. summer to winter or good to evil. There is nothing wrong with this years installment to madden other then you cant play all madden online at least not a first if you can later. Only thing is now after a week you wont be able to trade in gw2 for 30dollar credit. Your stuck wit it for life and it will more then likly not see any playtime in my opinion

i can see the comparison between fantasy mmorpg and fantasy football

I CAN SEE!

sz

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I hope it will hold up well and give you lots of enjoyable playtime, unlike some that think it won't see any playtime at all. Don't mind the haters, they are either really clueless or they're looking for very different things in a game.

imageimage
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I guess i don't have say anything else lol. See my point OP.

Funny because I could say the same thing! ;D

Oh yeah? Well I can say Hoomanawanui. Kind of.

Still, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far OP... it's a great game that, while it's not for everyone, does have enough to make a lot of people happy.

Oh, when you understand this photo, you will be one of us. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon

Oh, when you understand this photo, you will be one of us. image

That's awesome!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

First year I didn't buy Madden since the series launched in 91. Unlike the OP i had actually read up on the "new features" a few months ago and no multiple team select in franchise mode was deal breaker for me (WTF was EA thinking removing this). It really sucks because I'm huge NFL fan and not having a football game to play this year is a downer.

Guildwars 2 is a great game , probably the best MMO i have ever played, But it still blows not having digital football this year :( .

• Aloha Mr Hand !