Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So how is the DE-HYPE phase going?

2456789

Comments

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    The game is about what I expected..

    A Fantasy Themepark MMORPG that feels and plays like all the others.... one thing did suprise me tho was the boring boring heart quests..

    But i knew was i was buying and i jsut wanted to play PVP with my guild but even thats next to impossible some nights... tho saying that I have not logged on in over a week due to getting access to PS2 beta :)

     

  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk zagrebPosts: 1,532Member
    Originally posted by redman875

    Fanbois are still in controll here, ask this question again in a week.  Seems the game has peaked and is starting its slide.

    Already seeing people who left for good the sandbox im playing for GW2, and that was a much quicker turnaround than it was with SWTOR.

     

    Lol, never let facts stand in the way of a good opinion...

  • AdiarisAdiaris RomePosts: 381Member
    I'm even more addicted than I thought, if that's possible. A feeling I had forgotten. Just having a blast and have to force myself to log off in the same way I did on day 1!
  • NikkitaNikkita ParisPosts: 790Member
    Originally posted by redman875

    Fanbois are still in controll here, ask this question again in a week.  Seems the game has peaked and is starting its slide.

    Already seeing people who left for good the sandbox im playing for GW2, and that was a much quicker turnaround than it was with SWTOR.

     

    22% voters are of opinion that GW2 is below their expectation. I don't know why you are so upset. Maybe you were hoping for 90 or 100% vote in this category?

    If anything it shows that GW2 has room for improvement. 

    image


    Bite Me

  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Celina, OHPosts: 1,025Member Uncommon

    Exactly what I thought it would be. I dont' see how it could be anything but with all the BWEs, videos and  info that were available before launch. 

     

    Edit: I am enjoying the Game by the way :)

    No signature, I don't have a pen

  • dariuszpdariuszp PrzeworskPosts: 182Member
    Originally posted by Metentso
    Please chose...

    My "honeymoon" ended in Beta. I was perfectly aware about what I'm buying and I think this game deserve EVERY PENY that I paid.

  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ HillerødPosts: 1,197Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by redman875

    Fanbois are still in controll here, ask this question again in a week.  Seems the game has peaked and is starting its slide.

    Already seeing people who left for good the sandbox im playing for GW2, and that was a much quicker turnaround than it was with SWTOR.

     

     I'm looking forward to see all these people leave.

     

    So tired of reading about all the hate here...

    Lesser WvW queue times for me :) Yay.

    Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
    MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
    KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

  • Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    Originally posted by Metentso
    Please chose...

    My "honeymoon" ended in Beta. I was perfectly aware about what I'm buying and I think this game deserve EVERY PENY that I paid.

     Agreed.

    Even if I play this game for 2 months and then never touch it again, it was STILL worth $60 and more.  I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

    Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,602Member Uncommon

    As with most posters, I chose The answer that it's what I expected....But maybe that was wrong, It's better than I expected, but honeslty, When I initaially read about this game, I didn't expect much. So yeah, It has exceeded my expectations.But that's not to say it's awesome. But it is fun and worth the boxed fee.

    I am having more fun with it than I thoguht am finding myself drawn more to the personal story. I'm really enjoying that. I'm also finding myself appreciating the art and design. I almost always allow myself the time to enjoy the vistas without ESC keying out unles I'm in a hurry to get back to something....like a DE.

    While fun and entertaining, DEs are not as "dynamic" as I'd expected. I make it a point to go after each and every one I can, but I fail to see how they have taken "Rifts" to any new levels. The only thing DEs have taken to the next level is the number of times you can escort someone.

    I don't care for the hearts though. They seem to almost contradict the Personal story. "All hail the savior of the world"........Now go squash thoes Wasp's nests, pick up more apples, feed those cattle, collect the lost chickens, Water the corn. Etc etc. Seriously, some of those hearts....What am I playing? FarmhandWars2?

    I think one of the more obvious desing flaws in GW2 is that instead of fixing what didn't work to make it work and then refining and honing it to make it work better, ANet simply removed it. And I think the "holes" are visable.

  • JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Murrieta, CAPosts: 699Member
    I'm extremely impressed. At this point I quit WAR, Rift, FFXIV, and SWTOR, but here I am making alts and doing all kinds of stuff. This is a great game.
  • redman875redman875 illinois, ILPosts: 230Member
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    I'm extremely impressed. At this point I quit WAR, Rift, FFXIV, and SWTOR, but here I am making alts and doing all kinds of stuff. This is a great game.

     

    Wow with a list like that its no wonder your extremely impressed!

  • ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member

    My problem with the poll is that the center choice muddies everything.

    If one expected to dislike the game, and they dislike the game, they would choose b.

    If one expected to like the game, and they do like the game, they would choose b.

    So two completely opposing opinions of the game would choose the same response.

    Therefore you can't learn anything about trending opinions of the game from this poll.

    I myself chose b. because it is exactly as I expected. It isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, it is certainly different. Although I'm surrounded by people doing the same quests, we don't interact. The storylines are tired and cliche and the voice acting is subpar. I'm built up to be some sort of demigod by the cutscenes and then my first task is to feed a cow. Albeit, it is done well - it is hardly massive improvement from kill 10 rats. The combat is neat, there is a lot of innovation to the game as a whole. I'm having fun right now. This is exactly what I expected. But I'm sure there are others who chose the same response with a completely different view.

  • Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member
    Originally posted by redman875
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    I'm extremely impressed. At this point I quit WAR, Rift, FFXIV, and SWTOR, but here I am making alts and doing all kinds of stuff. This is a great game.

     

    Wow with a list like that its no wonder your extremely impressed!

     To be fair, those games basically reflect the state of the MMORPG industry from like 2005-2012 (pre-GW2).

    Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Livonia, MIPosts: 1,244Member
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by Metentso
    Please chose...

    Still not out of the "Honey Moon Period" which is on average 3months. After that we'll see, but so far every single one of my multi-game members of our guild have stopped playing save for me and 1 other (of 36).

     

    Top complaints:

    -Games is too easy.

    -No point once you hit 80 other than repeating the same tired dungeons, or zone events that get boring to repeat over and over.

    -WvWvW is a massive zergfest, and player skill plays no part in victories.

    -Crafting is worthless when dropped is infinitely easier & better to obtain.

    -Can't make a profit on the market by crafting when you're in competition with EVERY single server (yea, the auction house is GAME WIDE).

    -Replayability is extremely low as after the first two toons you've seen it all and tired of it already.

    -Equipment doesn't change appearance until 30s, and then again in the 60s, then finally at the 80s unless you spam horribly easy dungeons for dungeon karma. Now, granted our guild is used to actually difficult games like FF11, Everquest, Lineage II, DAOC, EQ2 raids. So we're used to being challenged.

     

    I think at the end of the day if you're not coming from WoW GW2 might just be too easy for you :(.

     

    However, it was certainly worth the $60, but would have failed worse than SWTOR had it been sub-fee based.

    Well clearly you have not played a dungeon or WvWvW if that is what you are saying about them.

    Nobody has yet to clear a dungeon without deaths.  So how are they easy again?  Oh right, you hav enot played the game.

    Skill is very important in WvWvW, more proof you have not played it.  A group of skilled players can take down a zerg force without little effort, done it many many times this weekend.    A well placed siege piece and the battle is over.  Hell 2 guidlies and me took supply points all over the map last night.  

    Equipment does not change till 30? 60? and 80?  Are you serious?   I have had 8 different style daggers so far and about 4 different head pieces and many other different looking equipment and I am level 66.  So try again.

    Also some crafting professions can make money and equipment that is better then dropped Jewerly craft comes to mind as you can combine the gems that drop into better ones you cannot get other then from crafting.

    So please do not review a game you have simply not played yet.   Its not right that you think its okay to lie because its the internet.

    Sooner or Later

  • Preacher26Preacher26 saranac, NYPosts: 378Member

    Its better than I expected.

    FYI I am casual these days and my focus is pvp.

    The tourney chest bugs and WvW ques are getting annoying but hopefully will iron themselves out.

  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

    Well clearly you have not played a dungeon or WvWvW if that is what you are saying about them.

    Nobody has yet to clear a dungeon without deaths.  So how are they easy again?  Oh right, you hav enot played the game.

    Skill is very important in WvWvW, more proof you have not played it.  A group of skilled players can take down a zerg force without little effort, done it many many times this weekend.    A well placed siege piece and the battle is over.  Hell 2 guidlies and me took supply points all over the map last night.  

    Equipment does not change till 30? 60? and 80?  Are you serious?   I have had 8 different style daggers so far and about 4 different head pieces and many other different looking equipment and I am level 66.  So try again.

    Also some crafting professions can make money and equipment that is better then dropped Jewerly craft comes to mind as you can combine the gems that drop into better ones you cannot get other then from crafting.

    So please do not review a game you have simply not played yet.   Its not right that you think its okay to lie because its the internet.

     In story mode? I have so I would imagine many others have as well cleared it without a death in the group

    ...and I pug so would imagines guilds have it even easier

     Explorable is a different beast however. Far as WvW I agree that there are elements with placing equipments and some minor tactics. It isn't all about the zerg but obviously in any game that has a setup like this there is going to be that element. not sure why it is so surprising or offputting to some.

    1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

    2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

    3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

  • ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Akron, OHPosts: 283Member

    So far it's been what i expected. I expected it to be good, and it is.

     

    I like the b2p model, I don't feel obligated to log in every night if I don't want to, but I do a lot anyway.

     

    I'm playing it in addition to WoW and WAR (14 free days ftw).

     

    So far, so good.

  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Livonia, MIPosts: 1,244Member
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

    Well clearly you have not played a dungeon or WvWvW if that is what you are saying about them.

    Nobody has yet to clear a dungeon without deaths.  So how are they easy again?  Oh right, you hav enot played the game.

    Skill is very important in WvWvW, more proof you have not played it.  A group of skilled players can take down a zerg force without little effort, done it many many times this weekend.    A well placed siege piece and the battle is over.  Hell 2 guidlies and me took supply points all over the map last night.  

    Equipment does not change till 30? 60? and 80?  Are you serious?   I have had 8 different style daggers so far and about 4 different head pieces and many other different looking equipment and I am level 66.  So try again.

    Also some crafting professions can make money and equipment that is better then dropped Jewerly craft comes to mind as you can combine the gems that drop into better ones you cannot get other then from crafting.

    So please do not review a game you have simply not played yet.   Its not right that you think its okay to lie because its the internet.

     In story mode? I have so I would imagine many others have as well cleared it without a death in the group

    ...and I pug so would imagines guilds have it even easier

     Explorable is a different beast however. Far as WvW I agree that there are elements with placing equipments and some minor tactics. It isn't all about the zerg but obviously in any game that has a setup like this there is going to be that element. not sure why it is so surprising or offputting to some.

    I am talking about exploration mode.   PUGs can do story mode without wiping or at least on my server some of them can but exploration mode, I have not PuG or guild gone through without a death or a few.

    Sooner or Later

  • OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TdogSkal
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by Metentso
    Please chose...

    Still not out of the "Honey Moon Period" which is on average 3months. After that we'll see, but so far every single one of my multi-game members of our guild have stopped playing save for me and 1 other (of 36).

     

    Top complaints:

    -Games is too easy.

    -No point once you hit 80 other than repeating the same tired dungeons, or zone events that get boring to repeat over and over.

    -WvWvW is a massive zergfest, and player skill plays no part in victories.

    -Crafting is worthless when dropped is infinitely easier & better to obtain.

    -Can't make a profit on the market by crafting when you're in competition with EVERY single server (yea, the auction house is GAME WIDE).

    -Replayability is extremely low as after the first two toons you've seen it all and tired of it already.

    -Equipment doesn't change appearance until 30s, and then again in the 60s, then finally at the 80s unless you spam horribly easy dungeons for dungeon karma. Now, granted our guild is used to actually difficult games like FF11, Everquest, Lineage II, DAOC, EQ2 raids. So we're used to being challenged.

     

    I think at the end of the day if you're not coming from WoW GW2 might just be too easy for you :(.

     

    However, it was certainly worth the $60, but would have failed worse than SWTOR had it been sub-fee based.

    Well clearly you have not played a dungeon or WvWvW if that is what you are saying about them.

    Nobody has yet to clear a dungeon without deaths.  So how are they easy again?  Oh right, you hav enot played the game.

    Skill is very important in WvWvW, more proof you have not played it.  A group of skilled players can take down a zerg force without little effort, done it many many times this weekend.    A well placed siege piece and the battle is over.  Hell 2 guidlies and me took supply points all over the map last night.  

    Equipment does not change till 30? 60? and 80?  Are you serious?   I have had 8 different style daggers so far and about 4 different head pieces and many other different looking equipment and I am level 66.  So try again.

    Also some crafting professions can make money and equipment that is better then dropped Jewerly craft comes to mind as you can combine the gems that drop into better ones you cannot get other then from crafting.

    So please do not review a game you have simply not played yet.   Its not right that you think its okay to lie because its the internet.

    I don't understand the "Games is to easy" comment either myself. I have died more times in this game so far then most other I have played in recent memory. I actually am finding it to be a bit harder. I've had to use more strategy and actually be into the fights, keeping myself healed and moving. Perhaps I just suck...lol

  • Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

    Well clearly you have not played a dungeon or WvWvW if that is what you are saying about them.

    Nobody has yet to clear a dungeon without deaths.  So how are they easy again?  Oh right, you hav enot played the game.

    Skill is very important in WvWvW, more proof you have not played it.  A group of skilled players can take down a zerg force without little effort, done it many many times this weekend.    A well placed siege piece and the battle is over.  Hell 2 guidlies and me took supply points all over the map last night.  

    Equipment does not change till 30? 60? and 80?  Are you serious?   I have had 8 different style daggers so far and about 4 different head pieces and many other different looking equipment and I am level 66.  So try again.

    Also some crafting professions can make money and equipment that is better then dropped Jewerly craft comes to mind as you can combine the gems that drop into better ones you cannot get other then from crafting.

    So please do not review a game you have simply not played yet.   Its not right that you think its okay to lie because its the internet.

     In story mode? I have so I would imagine many others have as well cleared it without a death in the group

    ...and I pug so would imagines guilds have it even easier

     Explorable is a different beast however. Far as WvW I agree that there are elements with placing equipments and some minor tactics. It isn't all about the zerg but obviously in any game that has a setup like this there is going to be that element. not sure why it is so surprising or offputting to some.

    Mostly agree with your WvW comment, the only thing I disagree with is that I wouldn't call siege equipment placement "minor" as it tends to be the deciding factor in the majority of battles I've been in.

    But yeah, about the zerg thing...I mean isn't it obvious that a group of larger players is going to beat a smaller one unless there is some serious mitigating factor?  If you meet a huge zerg in the open field with like 10 guys, then you're going to die.  That simple.  Superior numbers is a HUGE advantage, and you really need some major factor at play to compensate for the numbers difference.

    That said, I have seen two major things that can level the playing field...

    1.  Terrain.  There are a lot of places on the map that are basically built to be choke points that you can AE the crap out of.  AN example of this are the bridges between the two invader sides in a borderland.  It is possible to beat a larger force here if they run into the bridge...it basically becomes a meat grinder of AE hell.

    2.  Siege engines.  Really, I know this is said a lot, but a ballista up on top of a tower can literally decimate an attacking army.  In fact, I would think that ONE ballista up on top of the tower that can't be hit by non-siege could give a large zerg a big headache.

    Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

  • judex99judex99 Jacksonville, CAPosts: 396Member
    So far better than expected.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,602Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by redman875
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    I'm extremely impressed. At this point I quit WAR, Rift, FFXIV, and SWTOR, but here I am making alts and doing all kinds of stuff. This is a great game.

     

    Wow with a list like that its no wonder your extremely impressed!

     To be fair, those games basically reflect the state of the MMORPG industry from like 2005-2012 (pre-GW2).

    To be honest, I think GW2 is a great game, But I doubt it is going to redefine "the state of the MMORPG industry". Just another in the list.

  • LorkiiLorkii Vancouver, BCPosts: 88Member
    Much, much worse then I expected. I m really glad games like Archeage are coming out.
  • BorickBorick Fort Worth, TXPosts: 38Member

    I can't stand it.

    I've tried.  I really want to like this game, but it's so themepark that it bores me to tears. 

     

    I love the combat system, but the pace is too fast.  I want collision detection and something to govern the pace of combat so that it's not just belting around at full-run pace.

    I don't feel any link to the world of ownership of what I do.   I feel like I'm walking around a casino.

    After an hour, I just want to go back to Minecraft, or freakin' EverQuest.

     

    I hate what MMOs have become.

  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member
    Originally posted by Creslin321

    1.  Terrain.  There are a lot of places on the map that are basically built to be choke points that you can AE the crap out of.  AN example of this are the bridges between the two invader sides in a borderland.  It is possible to beat a larger force here if they run into the bridge...it basically becomes a meat grinder of AE hell.

    2.  Siege engines.  Really, I know this is said a lot, but a ballista up on top of a tower can literally decimate an attacking army.  In fact, I would think that ONE ballista up on top of the tower that can't be hit by non-siege could give a large zerg a big headache.

     There is an area on one map leading to a Keep that has a bottleneck area right outside the one entrance like this. It turns into an AoE meatgrinder and for the life of me I cannot get why many choose this route to attack the keep. I understand it is close to the keep you may own but the other entrance is much easier to attack from because it is more open plus it is close to a supply camp that you can ensure you mantain if your forces are in this area.

     

    1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

    2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

    3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Sign In or Register to comment.