Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Neverwinter: PAX 2012 Best in Show - Here's Why

1235»

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford
    Originally posted by rentantilus
    Someone has finally stumbled upon the perpetual motion machine for MMOs: Get the customers to create their own content. Bravo!

I know, right? What's the most expensive component of MMO development? Content creation. Let developers give the basic story and create the systems to give players tools to create even more. It's a win-win proposition!

Ehm.. When you put it that way, it sound more like "we can't afford to develop the contents, let's rely on the players and cross our fingers".

Not exactly win-win in my book.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It is still PW, I don't care what you say, their games end being some of the most expensive on the planet.  I guess we will have to wait and see how much leeway they give Cryptic, but my gut feeling is that most of you will be very disappointed how this game is implemented with the cash shop.
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by zellmer

I liked this idea..... when Valve did the same thing LONG AGO..

"Early commercial mod-making tools were the Boulder Dash Construction Kit (1986) and the Bard's Tale Construction Set (1991), which allowed users to create game designs in those series."

But way to go old school with dropping the name of the company made by Microsoft guys.

What was the original game that shipped with adventures, but gave the players the tools to develop their own content?  Oh yeah, it was D&D.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by zethcarn
    This is a great, great idea but I'm wondering about something.  Is there going to be some kind of voting process to seperate the decent player-creations from the incredible ones?  I mean it seems there needs to be a way of weeding out certain ones.

That's a REALLY GREAT IDEA!  I really think they should do something like this.  I also really think you should read the article you commented on.

• blohm86blohm86 Member Posts: 43
    Not impressed, not at all.
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    As a huge fan of NWN 1 & 2, to me this just looks like a horrible attempt to rape the whole NWN setting and trying to forge yet another silly and simplified mmorpg around it, with nothing left of the original game.