Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i like GW2 but...it's so hard to play temeparks after playing sandboxes...

Comments

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Don't worry OP, you're not alone.

I feel bad because so many people were missled about what GW2 really is, but in one month's time nobody will remember as they all quit GW2 to get overhyped about whatever AAA mmo will come next and sell it to the world as if it was yet another "new messiah", "wow killer", "evolution of mmo", "new age of gaming", etc.

As a Reaper friend told me: "The cycle must continue. It is inevitable."

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

I feel your pain dude. Fighting for artificial reasons like points, tokens or world-buffs is soo pointless compared to fight over ressources and territory. Not talking about all the political metagaming and the player driven economy behind.

I still hope we will see a AAA-sandbox with persistent territorial player-driven pvp soon. Today we have just indie-games and EVE. But EVE is SciFi.

Perhaps ArchAge will be that style, but i doubt, how much sandbox it really is.

Games are kind of pointless timesinks.  Your sandbox accomplishments really are not meaningful.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Thillian
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by sookster54

I wouldn't call GW2 a themepark, a themepark is where you get put on a fixed path to level up (well, there's the class storyline in GW2), but you can go to any zone and still gain xp regardless of what level you get downscaled to and discover things you otherwise won't see on the map. I don't think that's defined as a themepark.

Do you even understand what the word "Themepark" means? Because it fits 100% to GW2, more than to any other game.

Themepark is a park with attractions and long queues. In GW2 you open a map and you see hearts, circles and vistas as attractions and you've got long queues for PvP. There is no other MMORPG with greater ThemePark feeling than GW2 and the word literally fits for it.

When I go to themepark I know where to find ferris wheel at, then I go and que for that and wait in line for 15 minutes, then I ride the ride I planned.

When I go to that lvl15-25 Norn mountain area whatever it was called, I roam around freely and bump into all kinds of events that I did not expect and get instantly involved in them. Often I pick up these "attractions" along the way while looking for a hidden jumping puzzle or something.

In other themepark games I usually get told exactly where to go, what to do, and how much to do it. I experienced that in personal story if that's what you are looking for. Personal ferris wheel :D

In a themepark you can check the map at the entrance to see the main attractions (like in GW2), but the less significant attractions are usually not shown. In a themepark, you have to "discover" the popcorn stand by yourself as well, just because there is one jumping spot on every map in GW2 which is NOT labelled on the map, whereas 95% of other things are (trainers, vendors, vistas, hearts, circles) does not really mean there is a significant exploration element, or that it wouldn't be a themepark.

In fact, no other game has got so close to the literal meaning of a themepark as GW2 did.

Pwnd your self there sir. Vistas, points of interest, etc are minor things, they are not rides, just collectables. Hearts are rides though and mostly show on map, though being optional and not neccessary to level like in every other themepark that you make sound less themepark lol. Events are perhaps the most major things and does not show on map, also are not always the same "ride" or could totally be locked for the time being if not occupied by some other event on that area :)

Edit: Oh and, I never said GW2 is not a themepark, it definately is! Just trying to correct your misinformation here about the details.

So you're saying that if something is optional that it is a less of a themepark? Your idea of a non-themepark is if you have 2 areas or 2 different activities and you may choose one to level up? What has "optional" got to do in a sandbox vs themepark discussion? And you're saying that I "pwnd" myself ?

What else are you saying? That Vistas are the popcorn stand markers on the map while the "big rides" like jumping spots are not marked. Your post didn't make much sense.

What? I never said it's not a themepark. And I said what I said, it's very simple, do you want me to repeat my self or are you going to keep arguing with some imaginary dude?

Let me re-try.

Vistas, and points of interest, vendors, and crafting mats are minor things. They are not rides. They are collectables. You make it sound like they are rides, hence the game being MORE themepark than other themeparks because they dont even have points of interest to begin with, which is failed logic.

You completely skip EVENTS which are major stuff to look for, and are not shown on the map (neither are jumping puzzles). Also they are not always the same. Other themepark games have ALWAYS the same stuff on same spots making them actually more themepark, hence GW2 cannot be the most themeparky themepark around lol :D

So in summary, you said GW2 is the most themeparky themepark ever created, and I proved you wrong. I did NOT say that it is not a themepark, and I did not go into some sandbox vs. themepark bullshit since I dont do that and I would very much like to see a good sandbox game to be released for the first time in gaming history sometime soon too.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

--jibberjabber-- 

So in summary, you said GW2 is the most themeparky themepark ever created, and I proved you wrong. 

--more jibberjabber--

Dear god,... wake up, you proved me wrong? Is there something wrong with you?

REALITY CHECK

• If you like MO and EVE so much, why not just keep playing them?
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

I feel bad because so many people were missled about what GW2 really is, but in one month's time nobody will remember as they all quit GW2 to get overhyped about whatever AAA mmo will come next and sell it to the world as if it was yet another "new messiah", "wow killer", "evolution of mmo", "new age of gaming", etc.

How in the hell was anybody missled about GW2 ? There was more info about GW2 then any other game ever ...it delivers exactly what it was advertized as having .Not liking something is a personal choice ...a post that's full of shit is just a hater trying to be cool

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    I'm past the point in my life were I would treat games like a job instead of a game.

This !

Sandbox games are not for people with limited time.

Maybe there will be a game sometime that combines sandbox and themepark elements so that a guy that plays 10 hours a week  can have the same fun as the guy who plays 10 hours a day.

• Byne25Byne25 Member Posts: 41

I wouldn't call GW2 a themepark, a themepark is where you get put on a fixed path to level up (well, there's the class storyline in GW2), but you can go to any zone and still gain xp regardless of what level you get downscaled to and discover things you otherwise won't see on the map. I don't think that's defined as a themepark.

It is definately a themepark. You get downgraded but never upgraded so you cant earn XP going to an area higher than your current level. You are set on a path to level within level designated areas and that is still themepark. You follow the path. GW2 is no sandbox.Sandbox is free to roam anywhere without level designation and completely do as you wish. Tired of hearing TSW, GW2 being called sandboxes. They are not!

• Byne25Byne25 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

How in the hell was anybody missled about GW2 ? There was more info about GW2 then any other game ever ...it delivers exactly what it was advertized as having .Not liking something is a personal choice ...a post that's full of shit is just a hater trying to be cool

I agree Bad.dog. I dont play it as much as I used to but I havnt quit as Emerwyn is saying. My question is how do you "quit" a free to play game?....lol. I will pop on and off for as long as the game is running.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

He is confusing "everyone was misled" with "i didnt bother to read up on a single thing about the game before buying it".

Just read his other various posts. He power leveled to 80, thinks he has "beat" the game, even though he has missed huge chunks of content and doesnt PvP.

Apparently he mistook the several years of comments like enjoying the journey, endgame is the whole game, theres no end game raiding, etc for "i should get to 80 ASAP because thats where the fun starts".

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I'm actually surprised MO is still around.

Not really much here to keep the interest of sandbox lovers so can't say your sentiment is surprising.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Been playing GW2 for a few weeks and i'd say my honeymoon period is coming to an end. Nothing wrong with the game, it's very good and i'm sure it will only get better with patches and all.

Still, i simply cannot get very excited about anything. i log in, que for WvW, do some pvp, follow the zerg, do my own thing, go back to questing.....but at the end of the day nothing is lost or gained but a few tokens. it's so.....pointless.....

let me give you an example of meaningful pvp for me.

I've been playing Mortal Online (yes i know, big pos, but still a sandbox) mostly for the past year and half with a bit of DF and Eve to brake things up, and man i've had some awesome times.

one example would be when Territy Control came out in MO. i remember our guild trying to build a control tower and fighting off waves of enemy guilds for 10 hours at a time. we knew, and hated, every single person of each guild and we did not want them to destroy our shit.  i then had to go to work and was checking the mortal online map for updates every hour, hoping that my guild would able to mentain the defence, only to rush home and get right back into defending the same tower for one other 10 hours.

after our tower was secured it was our turn to go and try take down their towers, and on and on like that for weeks. the trash talke between guilds was ferocious, and every tower that went up/down was a a big friken deal for the whole serve. People would rage quit over losing battles/towers/keeps. even the smallest skirmishes were important for guild morale. (all bugs aside) it was fantastic. i seriously cannot remember last time i was so engrossed by an mmo.  

perhaps you haven't played MO but i'm sure you've had the same intense experiences in EvE or DF sieges.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that it's so hard to go back to theme parks after playing sandboxes. it all seems so repetitive and useless...so pointless...i wander if i will every be able to enjoy theme parks anymore like i used to before ever playing a sanbox. anyoen else feels the same?

I started with sandboxes such as Shadawbane way back in the day and more recently DF.....I actually feel the exact opposite way you feel...lol. 

The issue with Sandbox games, at least, the issue I have found most prevalent, is the fact that much of the content is based on the population. Sure, there are some things to do pve wise, but the real meat and potatoes so to say is the pvp of the game. I found that when the population is down, or it's a time of the day when not a lot of people are on.. I run around with litterally nothing to do. This is what killed Shadowbane for me and my friends. We had our cities up and running, but then spent the entire time we were on running around trying to find someone to kill. Hours. Doing nothing. 

I find at least with Gw2, so far anyway, I always have something to do. I know you said it feels pointless and I do get your point, which is that without player built structures, territories, etc. it feels pointless cause nothing is permanet; however, it's all about fun for me. As long as I have something to do, which i find fun and entertaining, I see that as the point. I mean, having fun is the point of gaming. However, that's just me. If you're not having fun I totally see moving on. I would not play something that I didn't find fun. 

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

zip

Yes, YES GW2 is in fact a "Themepark". However it is more an "optional" themepark now, but the rides are all there waiting for you to ride them....and every other thousand people as well.

You have locked in classes...

You have zones that are linear in design (lower level section leads into a higher level section), and then is connected to the NEXT higher level area for you to go in a linear fashion....

Most classes are only viable with one or two different builds, but are overall pigeon-holed into one VERY specific role...

Trinity still exists, except instead of "Healer" it is "Control", and does a worse job at it in my opinion...

Crafting, like in all themeparks, is worthless & dropped gear is infinitely better...

Zero item decay, so that one green that drops will be there forever until someone equips it and soulbinds it to themselves, however the item is still there to be used. Higher level gear eventually loses its meaning as you never need to upgrade or replace it until they put in "Nicer" gear for you to go grind for.

You're being disingenuous at best, but in the most blunt terms you are lieing.

Etc, etc, etc...just because it isn't like where where you are literally hand-held from points A ->  B -> C -> D doesn't mean it isn't JUST like WoW in the fact it is a themepark.

I agree, it's a themepark.

However...

You can craft items with the maximum 'stat tier' available ingame (Exotic),

I purposely said 'stat tier' because there is a tier with no stat increase called

Legendary (cosmetical differences only).  Crafting is very useful in this game.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Couldn't agree more OP.  I don't even really like PvP but if was in the sandbox context I'm sure that would pull me in.  I've stuck with TP's but that's really only because there isn't much in the way of sandbox/sandpark's available. 

• WorfiWorfi Member Posts: 16

How not? Let's repeat fun boys and Arenanet PR, and all those post on SWTOR, TSW, WOW, Tera, eVe etc. forums last months:

- No more quests!!! Really? Hearts anybody?

- Dynamic events that change world? Yes very dynamic...like you are in a endless loop of never ending "dynamic" events repeating non-stop... Epic events? If epic is to stand on 30yrds from giant who is attacking city(? but really he looks stuck) and just spamming everything on cd with 30 other people for 10 minutes... This "dynamic events", IMHO, get boring after 2 maps... but nvm it's nice try to do something different

- No holy trinity? Really? Well there are no raids, now npc's are "tanking"/"healing", and some dungeons are impossible if you have bad setup (and there are few)... No need to wait for tank or healer anymore!!! Yes when you don't have anything to wait them for... 

- No grinding? Just try to level your crafting profession, get those nice equipment sets, create legendary...

- New and unique action combat. Hmmm, TSW, Tera?

- It don't have monthly subscription - True! But for 60$ i can't even try all professions(class) if i don't buy a new character slots, and you have a nice cash shop. And i really have fun this 2 weeks, but it's it. Now i am bored. So I don't think there will be a lot of players that would pay a monthly fee for this game if it had one. "But in wow you didn't have anything to do since November 2011." True, but you can cancel your subscription if you are bored... 

- "It's not stupid pandas"... "go play your pandas"... Well someone who plays game with Asuras and Asian art don't really have right to say anything about pandas...

- "wow is for children" "play your pokemons" ... Big words for someone who throw cow poop around, get kicked by bunny... etc.  

- "go collect them all" "grind for your gear"... Guild wars 2 is really different. You just need to collect skill points, vistas, hearts, Shards of Zhaitan, cosmetic gear... "no, you are wow funboy, you here don't have to do those things" - This will shock you GW2 funboys but you don't need to do anything grindy in wow to, if you don't want to...

- "Everybody who is bored or don't like GW2- it's because you don't know how to play it. Here you do annything you wan to do. Here you explore!" I am sure lot of "sandbox MMO" players will disagre. And FYI you can be level 1 gnome and sit all day and RP in Goldshire and do whatever you like to do too in wow...And you get XP for collecting mats from nods too, and exploring an unvisited part of world map...

- "SWTOR is long loading screen" Hmmm, gw2 is not?

- "SWTOR is instanced SP game" At least there you could play with your friends, trade, duel, chat and group together...

- "SWOTOR don't have endgame and it's only cinematics and voice acting and EA is gona take your money". As i heard it's going f2p, and GW2 would be happy to have swtor story, endgame, salenumbers, subscription or even huttball... 

etc.

For me this game is one huge disapointment.

Originally posted by Worfi

How not? Let's repeat fun boys and Arenanet PR, and all those post on SWTOR, TSW, WOW, Tera, eVe etc. forums last months:

For the most part though that was fanboys not Anet and did anyone take them remotely serious?

Know I sure didn't

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by Loke666

Maybe we see eachother in WoDO?

Amen to that. 4 got about that one. But that game is years away... :(

Still seems worth waiting for. Right now all sandboxes seems rather old or really bad made (Eve is 9 years now).

WodO is the one in development that seems really good, there is also AA but for some reasons do I hear warning clocks about that one.

AA is not a sandbox game though,it's an hybrid like Vanguard.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

- No more quests!!! Really? Hearts anybody?

- Dynamic events that change world? Yes very dynamic...like you are in a endless loop of never ending "dynamic" events repeating non-stop... Epic events? If epic is to stand on 30yrds from giant who is attacking city(? but really he looks stuck) and just spamming everything on cd with 30 other people for 10 minutes... This "dynamic events", IMHO, get boring after 2 maps... but nvm it's nice try to do something different

- No holy trinity? Really? Well there are no raids, now npc's are "tanking"/"healing", and some dungeons are impossible if you have bad setup (and there are few)... No need to wait for tank or healer anymore!!! Yes when you don't have anything to wait them for... 

- No grinding? Just try to level your crafting profession, get those nice equipment sets, create legendary...

- New and unique action combat. Hmmm, TSW, Tera?

- It don't have monthly subscription - True! But for 60$ i can't even try all professions(class) if i don't buy a new character slots, and you have a nice cash shop. And i really have fun this 2 weeks, but it's it. Now i am bored. So I don't think there will be a lot of players that would pay a monthly fee for this game if it had one. "But in wow you didn't have anything to do since November 2011." True, but you can cancel your subscription if you are bored... 

- "It's not stupid pandas"... "go play your pandas"... Well someone who plays game with Asuras and Asian art don't really have right to say anything about pandas...

- "wow is for children" "play your pokemons" ... Big words for someone who throw cow poop around, get kicked by bunny... etc.  

- "go collect them all" "grind for your gear"... Guild wars 2 is really different. You just need to collect skill points, vistas, hearts, Shards of Zhaitan, cosmetic gear... "no, you are wow funboy, you here don't have to do those things" - This will shock you GW2 funboys but you don't need to do anything grindy in wow to, if you don't want to...

- "Everybody who is bored or don't like GW2- it's because you don't know how to play it. Here you do annything you wan to do. Here you explore!" I am sure lot of "sandbox MMO" players will disagre. And FYI you can be level 1 gnome and sit all day and RP in Goldshire and do whatever you like to do too in wow...And you get XP for collecting mats from nods too, and exploring an unvisited part of world map...

- "SWTOR is long loading screen" Hmmm, gw2 is not?

- "SWTOR is instanced SP game" At least there you could play with your friends, trade, duel, chat and group together...

- "SWOTOR don't have endgame and it's only cinematics and voice acting and EA is gona take your money". As i heard it's going f2p, and GW2 would be happy to have swtor story, endgame, salenumbers, subscription or even huttball... 

etc.

For me this game is one huge disapointment.

Those lines in yellow had me cracking up lmfao.

• WorfiWorfi Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

For the most part though that was fanboys not Anet and did anyone take them remotely serious?

Know I sure didn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oit0gBEWHo&feature=player_embedded

1:45 --- For all first 2 maps i know what will happen. And it's not even fun (for me) to play the game only once and not to repeat it. I really don't like this events and hearts (quest hubs) system. And i know It's my opinion only and my problem. 

Maybe it's just that MMO fatigue. I played/playing WoW, Rift, Swtor, TSW, EVE, Tera, GW, GW2 etc. But all this games (except Tera) i played at least 3 months and had at least 2 max level characters. Here i deleted 2 level 10's (trying all proffesions) to get free slots and only manage to play 3 characters to level 30 before i got bored with them....

• Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

I feel your pain dude. Fighting for artificial reasons like points, tokens or world-buffs is soo pointless compared to fight over ressources and territory. Not talking about all the political metagaming and the player driven economy behind.

I still hope we will see a AAA-sandbox with persistent territorial player-driven pvp soon. Today we have just indie-games and EVE. But EVE is SciFi.

These are video games.  Its all artificial.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

These are video games.  Its all artificial.

It's about immersion, imagination and roleplaying. Atleast it is to me.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Been playing GW2 for a few weeks and i'd say my honeymoon period is coming to an end. Nothing wrong with the game, it's very good and i'm sure it will only get better with patches and all.

Still, i simply cannot get very excited about anything. i log in, que for WvW, do some pvp, follow the zerg, do my own thing, go back to questing.....but at the end of the day nothing is lost or gained but a few tokens. it's so.....pointless.....

let me give you an example of meaningful pvp for me.

I've been playing Mortal Online (yes i know, big pos, but still a sandbox) mostly for the past year and half with a bit of DF and Eve to brake things up, and man i've had some awesome times.

one example would be when Territy Control came out in MO. i remember our guild trying to build a control tower and fighting off waves of enemy guilds for 10 hours at a time. we knew, and hated, every single person of each guild and we did not want them to destroy our shit.  i then had to go to work and was checking the mortal online map for updates every hour, hoping that my guild would able to mentain the defence, only to rush home and get right back into defending the same tower for one other 10 hours.

after our tower was secured it was our turn to go and try take down their towers, and on and on like that for weeks. the trash talke between guilds was ferocious, and every tower that went up/down was a a big friken deal for the whole serve. People would rage quit over losing battles/towers/keeps. even the smallest skirmishes were important for guild morale. (all bugs aside) it was fantastic. i seriously cannot remember last time i was so engrossed by an mmo.  

perhaps you haven't played MO but i'm sure you've had the same intense experiences in EvE or DF sieges.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that it's so hard to go back to theme parks after playing sandboxes. it all seems so repetitive and useless...so pointless...i wander if i will every be able to enjoy theme parks anymore like i used to before ever playing a sanbox. anyoen else feels the same?

Couldnt agree more with this.

Theres two things i hate about themeparks:  The feeling like your just going through the motions and letting the game carry you to endgame, which is by nature boring...and the "frenzied race to endgame" that really brings out the worst in peoples ability to say "who cares whats fun, this way is quicker"

You have here in GW2 a game that focuses in on people who want what i described.

With a sandbox peoples first instinct, having been conditioned to a difficulty level someone with the IQ of a houseplant could conquer, is how can i get from new to endgame the fastes with the least amount of effort.  This is why most people quit a sandbox fast.  "What i have to learn how to do stuff and it takes time...I WANT A GAME NOT A JOB" ect  Its actually quite hilarious to see someone whos between rift and GW2 or wow and rift stop by any of the sandboxes i play.  Once they realize that they are not the badass hardcore pvpers they thought they were...because now they risk losing their stuff or being a target for being cocky in chat.

What i really miss in themeparks is not just the aspect of risk involved with actually losing something in pvp if i suck but its the circle of content that feeds itself i miss.  The loss of gear via pvp or pve degrading, farming for matierials, crafting gear.  Its wonderful and missing in themeparks.  I kill mobs in a sandbox so that i or someone else can make me stuff i can lose in pvp.  Also themeparks always have a faction free enviroment with "endgame" being guild vs guild territory control.  Which is fantastic and blows raids and instanced battlegounds out of the water.

Once you guys start getting bored of these cookie cutter games come just us adults in any of the sandbox games out there.  Were actually nice to people in chat who are new since its not gaming for dummies and its actually a bit rought to learn, and the content is made by the players, its political and it does seperate the men from the boys since loss and risk are involved. Just be aware your going to actually have to relearn how to play, these themeparks make you soft and antsy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oit0gBEWHo&feature=player_embedded

1:45 --- For all first 2 maps i know what will happen. And it's not even fun (for me) to play the game only once and not to repeat it. I really don't like this events and hearts (quest hubs) system. And i know It's my opinion only and my problem. 

Maybe it's just that MMO fatigue. I played/playing WoW, Rift, Swtor, TSW, EVE, Tera, GW, GW2 etc. But all this games (except Tera) i played at least 3 months and had at least 2 max level characters. Here i deleted 2 level 10's (trying all proffesions) to get free slots and only manage to play 3 characters to level 30 before i got bored with them....

I did say for the most part.

Anyways, they all do this to try and sell their game. It is kind of annoying but I don't take them real serious either.

It isn't going to be a game for everyone. I think it does some things well and is lackluster in other areas. So pending on what you enjoy you could love this game or really dislike it or lose interest quickly. Just like any mmo.

There some that it may just be mmo fatigue. There are those around here that appear to be suffering from that. But I'm not going to equate someone not liking the game to that. In fact, irritates me when people write off issues or complaints with that notion assuming their point is viable. Simply isn't the game for them is all.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Mari2k

This !

Maybe there will be a game sometime that combines sandbox and themepark elements so that a guy that plays 10 hours a week  can have the same fun as the guy who plays 10 hours a day.

You can play a sandbox game for 10 hours or less a week quite easily and have fun. If you have limited time, simply don't expect to be able to rush to the fabled "endgame" within the space of a week. Or to be able to do every single thing in the game within a 30 minute slot.

Btw as long as you are having fun and you feel you are getting value, why you care how much fun someone else was having? If I enjoy a game for the time i'm in it, I don't think "fecking hell that jobless guy who plays all day is having more fun than me, guess I'll quit".

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by Mari2k

This !

You can play a sandbox game for 10 hours or less a week quite easily and have fun. If you have limited time, simply don't expect to be able to rush to the fabled "endgame" within the space of a week. Or to be able to do every single thing in the game within a 30 minute slot.

Btw as long as you are having fun and you feel you are getting value, why you care how much fun someone else was having? If I enjoy a game for the time i'm in it, I don't think "fecking hell that jobless guy who plays all day is having more fun than me, guess I'll quit".

People who make the clain that sandboxes are not for people with limited time...have never played a sandbox more than a few minuets.

Most sandboxes are populated with employed and married adults, people who have the least amount of time to play.

Its great playing a sandbox because your not at endgame in a month of casualy play, and people who play sandboxes dont want a themepark style race to endgame.  Its all about the big picture in a sandbox.  And the claims that you need unlimited play time devoted to progress is true, however people who play sandboxes play to enjoy it, the journey is what keeps them playing...on top of superior game mechanics and a much higher quaility community compared to these kiddie-parks.

Im glad this thread exists, might open a few peoples eyes who may be interested in a game with real progression and real pvp risk...who want a game that doesnt go stale once you hit endgame and enter the world of instanced merry-go-rounds for no rewards and nothing on the line if you lose.