It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by GoldenArrow Endgame would be nice, it's a mmorpg after all...
PvP, dungeons and dynamic events are the endgame.
Website: http://www.emrendil.comTwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/emrendilTwitter: https://twitter.com/Emrendil
Originally posted by Jason1989 What do you think GW2 needs, or what possibilites do you think could be added that would improve this already great game? I will start out. 1. Mounts (Mounted combat in WvW would be EPIC!) 2. Duels 3. Ability to jump off vistas assassins creed style
I like the idea of Mounts, but they should mostly be a vanity item and not really give a travel speed bonus....Maybe the equilvelent of a run speed buff.
1. LFG/LFD. Preferably cross-server for fast queues.
I'm aware of the fact some people hate the very idea of cross-server LFD and tell all kinds of horror stories about their experience with it. But I used this feature extensively in Rift and I found it very convenient. Yes, sometimes you're grouped with people you just can't stand. In such cases leaving and trying again usually helps.
Perhaps with an option to auto-refuse all duel invitations for those who don't like duels.
3. WvW overflow.
Even if it won't count towards realm scores. I'll rather have instant PvP fun for zero reward than wait in queue for hours.
MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. You may now go back to TSW. Oh, sorry, I didn't notice it was dead...
you will never see flying mounts because of jumping puzzle and vista
they need a lfg for dungeons and a kind of voice chat like in Lotro
1. Mounts aren't really all that necessary. Maybe for cosmetics only, but I find that I can get decently fast from place to place using waypoints or even going on foot. I mean, you teleport around. Adding mounts would be a bit pointless, make things even more instantenous than they are and lower the chances to experience content.
2. A narrator or even a small cutscene telling me why is that point of interest...well, interesting. A bit more stuff for vistas as well.
3. Some more rewards for killing veteran / tougher mobs. Doesn't have to be loot, just something to make them stand out.
4. A bit more variation with item looks. Yeah, I know I can transmute them and get skins for karma etc. but all my crafted greatswords look the same for 45 levels now. I don't feel like wasting transmutation stones on items that I replace every 5 levels - there should be a bit more "default" item look variation imo.
Now what I'd really LOVE is a special icon for vendors that actually sell USEFUL things like mining picks and logging axes and not just buffs I don't care about.
Same about more detailed asura gates descriptions. "Asura Gate – Fast travel to far away locations". Wow, thank you Captain Obvious. I would never guess.
2. Barber (and more hairstyles tattoos makeup etc)
3. Better rewards for bossfight/worldbosses (there should at least be some kind of chest)
4. More and different veteran mobs (and why not achievments linked to taking down all veteran mob types in the game)
5. Better up- and downscaling of events
6. More pvp options/variants (why not 25 player spvp maps or guild vs guild matches on larger maps and so on)
1. Housing / Guild Housing
2. World events (as often as possible and some way to advertise them)
3. More weapon skills (let us choose some of our 1-5 slots more like GW1)
2) Housing and Guild Halls
My theme song.
I actually am liking the lack of mounts. Yes, it seems slower, but at the same time I see so much more of the game, and more importantly I have a sense of danger when strolling into a new area. Mounts, especially flying, would mess with that, IMO. It is funny that during head start I constantly kept thinking that I would like a mount, but in the last few days I have geniunely grown to appreciate their lack. This being said, it would be a deal-breaker for me (and probably a game breaker overall) to put in flying mounts, where as I would work around introducing mounts (i.e. not use them, myself).
Definately better, more robust security measures. Authenticator or two part security (ala Google, etc), ability to wipe credit card information from the game. I would also support a system similar to Rift's coin-lock.
More diversity in the DEs. Centaurs, bandits and the Sons of Svanir can't possibly be the only bad guys for 40+ levels (I haven't ventured beyond the 35ish zones yet). Let me escort a group of harlots or something instead of a dolyak everytime - hell I would even be ok with an occasional semi-ambulatory person to escort.
Better camera movements, both distance and behavior, especially when clipped by an object between your character and your screen.
At this point in time, I believe I would support a LFG tool as well. There appears to be too much heart-ache putting groups together for some people, and a LFG tool would help.
Originally posted by Jason1989 What do you think GW2 needs, or what possibilites do you think could be added that would improve this already great game? 3. Ability to jump off vistas assassins creed style
~~~3. they have worked the landing from jumps and it depends from the height
1. mounts, through bundle system, its easy to add i would love them but it requires bigger maps and less compressed .
2. housing system similar to Rift, at least if we could edit our personal area at home cities..
3. molotov bombs for engineers xD
Current games;Star treck onlineRiftEve onlineFirefall