Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most wanted GW2 additions!

Jason1989Jason1989 Member Posts: 28

What do you think GW2 needs, or what possibilites do you think could be added that would improve this already great game?

I will start out.

1. Mounts (Mounted combat in WvW would be EPIC!)

2. Duels

3. Ability to jump off vistas assassins creed style

Comments

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    4. Pandas
  • tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70

Player reputations.

And tanks.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Housing, for sure.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

1. Free waypoint ports.  There's no need to leave out mounts AND make porting a gold sink

2. undestroyable gathering tools - seriously.  They improved so many other things about MMOs, why make a step back with this?  Why not add ammo pouches for ranged attackers too?

3. Better WvWvW.  Too much zerg and the zone's too big.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

flying mounts or just flying powers

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Jason1989

What do you think GW2 needs, or what possibilites do you think could be added that would improve this already great game?

I will start out.

2. Duels

My answer would be none of the above....

1. Mounts would kill the PvE experience and allow people to passby content even more. The only mounts i imagine is in a mini game.

2. Duells, please no, not on the streets, i hate those juvenile folks spamming requests in goldshire and the like.  If so add an Arena where people can duell

3. Fluff... devs have no time to spend on it.

what the game really needs is

1. LFG tool for dungeons.

2. A GM voice that tells me some background lore whenever i discover a vista.  A lorebook entry that allows me to read some background story eerytime i find a PoI

3. More story for when the personal stopry is finished.. I really like this kind of content.  Maybe they could start out with racial stories that teach you more about the races. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

1) Guild Halls and Guild versus Guild.

I know they will come with an update sometime in the future but I think its one of the features that would bring more life into the guilds cause guilds are currently partially suffering due to the fact that all activities can be done with random people and for the most part grouping isn't involved at all.

2) Longer chains in dynamic events and more world events that are really changing the world.

3) Housing

It was already confirmed that it will be added with a future update and I'm really looking forward to it.

What I would love to see in it however would be a productive home instead of a gold sink only.

Something like a mix of monster forest online and harvest moon when it comes to your own garden/farm and a house on which you can place stuff that won't be going into your hall of monuments.

Maybe they will connect both too, I don't know. What I noticed is that the hall of monuments area is much bigger and the front place with the portal could be used for many other things instead of being a plain cave with nothing in it.

Would be also good if they could let you bring other people in your home and hall of monuments with you.

4) Tengu, Hylek or Quaggan as a playable race

All of these races have their own lore and they are friendly with  the other races for the most part.

Tengu is definately the most developed from these 3 though and have enough lore to make a good personal story out of it so I think they are rather certain to make it into the game as a playable race at a later point.

Maybe when Canthas continents are revealed at some point and the Tengu have to strike back against the emperor there?

The Quaggan are having a good background and lets be honest, who wouldn't love to have a huge underwater city created?

They have a good amount of lore one could use for personal stories aswell and their main enemy are the krait anyway.

The Hylek are also a likeable race with various professions, lore and more so they would also make a good playable race.

There are of course other minor races that would be appealing due to their uniqueness and looks but I would leave it to that for now. ^_^

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Most wanted.... Take everything that was epic and amazing about GW1 and put it into Gw2.

Seriously GW1 was an amazing game I would have been satisfied with being able to jump and some new skills.

GW2 lacks all the amazing builds you could come up with. And the counter for every amazing build. In return GW2 gives us boring builds with very little option to think "outside the box" for builds.

Gw2 Events are fun as are the jump puzzles and exploring. But Dungeons are meh to say they least.

Trinity gone is good and bad. I love playing a Tank and well thats just not an option.

GW2 PvP is not boring but not exciting either. 

Crafting is interesting enough but still not super original.

WTF no Spiritualist on release??? WTF

Overflow servers lets not go there.

Boss mobs that have "ZERO" indication of a massive skill inc. for damage at times defeats the purpose of having dodge. It simply becomes a game of luck not skill.

Story is not very exciting though having lots of options for story is okay..

All in all I would rather have seen an almost perfect game that was GW1 altered slightly to fix the small things.

"Every great game is all about the small details"

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Probably something for me to kill that bloody leafy guy cause who the heck authored this piece of crap 'personal story'?

ANet, you use the word 'personal' but I don't think it means what you think it means. -.-

Yes, I am pissed at this sudden turn of events. Esp since I am human.  Don't worry, once you get far into the story, you'll understand. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Auto-stacking of items when transfering from bags to bank.

Ability to craft from bank.

No tab-targetting while in battle of peaceful animals in the wild.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by bartoni33

Underline is possible from the collectible stack though. Isn't that like the bank but better?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by neoteo

flying mounts or just flying powers

I couldn't disagree more..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by jpnz

Underline is possible from the collectible stack though. Isn't that like the bank but better?

IS THIS TRUE???

REALLY!!!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by StanlyStanko
    4. Pandas

I damn near wet myself.

IS THIS TRUE???

REALLY!!!

It was a recent patch, I think over the weekend or something. Yeah, we really really need a good patch notes section.

Check http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2

ANet staff is pretty active in that.

Gdemami -

• Jason1989Jason1989 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Jason1989

I will start out.

2. Duels

My answer would be none of the above....

1. Mounts would kill the PvE experience and allow people to passby content even more. The only mounts i imagine is in a mini game.

2. Duells, please no, not on the streets, i hate those juvenile folks spamming requests in goldshire and the like.  If so add an Arena where people can duell

3. Fluff... devs have no time to spend on it.

what the game really needs is

2. A GM voice that tells me some background lore whenever i discover a vista.  A lorebook entry that allows me to read some background story eerytime i find a PoI

3. More story for when the personal stopry is finished.. I really like this kind of content.  Maybe they could start out with racial stories that teach you more about the races. 

How come you marked my idea as fluff that devs have no time for and then add an idea that is just as "fluffy". Just saying... these are just ideas anyway.

I agree with LFG tool though, Im sure they'll put that in eventually. Also whoever said guild halls thats a good one. That would be awesome.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70
    Ability to find the game worth playing once you reach level 80 in one week.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Emerwyn
    Ability to find the game worth playing once you reach level 80 in one week.

Doesn't it get boring living more in a virutal real rather than the real one?

The only thing I would like to see changed, is that your weapon skills can't be changed. They are the same from 1-80.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

IS THIS TRUE???

REALLY!!!

It was a recent patch, I think over the weekend or something. Yeah, we really really need a good patch notes section.

Check http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2

ANet staff is pretty active in that.

Actually ove rthe past couple days they have started posting more specific patch notes on the forum like these here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-8th-2012

and https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-9th-2012

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    more races. no more animalnoid races.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

2. Mounts.

3. Decorable houses (where you can place house decorations (furnitures etc) position and rotation byself).

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Yeah, this one. I've unintentionally brought a few of those into a fight when I didn't need to.

• mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65

I only played a few great hours but 2 things I'd like are:

1 being the most important to me is more weapon skills per weapon i know I'll prob get bored with my favorite weapons' skills will get tiring and there were some wepons i loved such as GS for Warrior but there was one skill i didn't like that held me in place way too long i felt but i had to deal with it and felt that was gana determine utilitie skills, i fell more weapon skills more build varieties IMO plus just more fun with weapons and swapping them

2. Mounts: not real important would just be cool if they did add it but doesn't annoy me either w/o them I just love having mounts riding on horses, AOC i think had the best system i liked how you could run through shallow water with a horse and not just "poof" gone. I don't even care if it really increases my speed its the world i want my character to live in living a lifestyl similar to a knight with a horse.

Those 2 are my top 2 but i only played a few great hours myself. I also like the guild hall ideas and all

• thefounderthefounder Member Posts: 19

riiiiight. because teleporting everywhere doesnt "allow people to passby content"? lol nothing kills my immersion than loading screens and i havent seen as many loading screens in any game as much as in GW2. love the game but damn i hate the amount of teleporting.

and duels are fantastic for players that are interested in improving their pvp skills. and almost every MMO ive played has some sort of blocking option for duels so i dunno why this would bother you. sure, just a sectioned off arena area would be fine as well.

a very SHORT list of what i'd like:

1.more objectives in WvW to thin out the zergs.

2.higher difficulty in Dynamic Events... especially when there are many players... could seriously go to sleep and get a gold contribution on most 90% of DE's.

3. MORE UI options.... please for the love of the Six Gods let us hide the player names over party member heads... and the combat damage numbers. and let us resize the rest of the windows. inventory and crafting windows are enormous.

4. let us preview items on the Trading Post. cosmetic orientated game right? well id like to see what im buying.

5. ya i vote for mounts over the teleports. for so many reasons. but i'd prohibit their use in WvW

6. Differentiate hotkeys for picking up items, talking to NPCs, and looting. how damn annoying is it in Dungeons and DE's to get locked into a NPC chat while trying to loot or pickup a Banner or something.

7. Continue to give us Guild type perks. right now joining a guild is primarily for WvW or just chatting... so many cool things to bring guilds together i can think of.. too many to list

8. yes i know that all quests are public hence no need to group but grouping out in the world would be nice for community. maybe a small exp or influence buff? real small... less than the Guild Upgrade Banners. maybe 1%

9. alot of the Runes and Sigils are poorly designed and nobody will use them. some just have broken or really weak bonuses and will become just trash sitting in the TP for 1cp. they really need balancing. some are just obviously better. most are balanced but some of the interesting effects on somethign like Rune of the Flock are ridiculously bad.

.... i could keep goin but this was supposed to be a "short" list

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Most of this stuff seems really trivial to me. The only thing I can think of that it needs, as opposed to stuff I'd like, is an increase to the W v W player cap. 500 players on a server of several thousand is a very low percentage for something that will be one of the big endgame activities.

W v W cap needs to allow for at least 25-30% of the server to participate before we see any meaningful reduction in queue times.