Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Guild Wars 2: Review in Progress Part 2

13»

Comments

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    This minor complaint with the zone not matching your character level is irrelevant. You obviously need to spend more time in this game...or as you mentioned lack of personal skill which I believe is correct after reading your article.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Sirca
    This minor complaint with the zone not matching your character level is irrelevant. You obviously need to spend more time in this game...or as you mentioned lack of personal skill which I believe is correct after reading your article.

It is not irrelevant as you can see there are others that have said the same. Not sure why you somehow equate that to him not playing the game much or not having any skill. Quite the leap you made there and one that really doesn't even make any sense.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

GW2 does have some problems....

-Exploits and hackers

-There isn't much new to do at 80

-WvWvW doesn't work

-PvP has class imbalance problems

-Bugs

-Launch bubble effect. Lots of players arround playing my main, but my alt sees much more quieter zones on server.

-ArenaNet don't handle customer complaints well. Forums are full of angry mobs.

-Graphics, sound,  and gameplay aren't really anything new or out of this world. It's good, but it isn't anyhting that hasn't been done before.

• GamerToonsGamerToons Member Posts: 30
    Hey guys here is my secret to the WvW mists to get in sooner. In lions arch there are four portals representing each map.

Try ALL of the portals. You can queue each! Most of the time at least one will let you in right away but if not you will queue really quick!

Don't just queue up for the eternal battlegrounds portal because you will wait forever as you guys are describing.
  • thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I don't craft, don't pvp, don't do personal story and I can level in one area.. I don't get why other people can not especially if you craft or pvp.
  • thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by eric_w66
    Originally posted by Vladriel
    Originally posted by eric_w66
    I've found the combat in GW2 to be less interesting than in TERA, about on par with TSW. With so few skills to use most of the time, my combat usually involves merely "waiting for cooldowns, press button". Switching weapons is about the most taxing thing I have to think of during combat (ranged vs melee). My Sigils? (I can't remember the name atm) work by themselves most of the time, the actives being so a) useless b) niche that I can't be bothered to press them unless i'm stuck waiting for cooldowns on everything else. Dodging is far less important here than in TSW and TERA as well.

Dodging less important? Whatever! You may not be saying that once you keep dying and paying a hight repair bill. Combat in tera is not interesting at all and boring.

My highest is only level 19, but I've died once. A single time. I must be godlike to not need dodge in GW2 and still have died only once.

That's odd, I've died a zillion times. Some mobs and bosses can down you in a single blow.

Then again, I play solo so find myself surounded and attacked by 6 enemies a lot of times :)

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I agree 100% on the combat. 

Its the first MMO that I have actually felt in control of the outcome.  Unlike other MMO's when you get into a situation that you know there is no way to win, you just do what you can before dying badly.

In GW2 the combat for me is very rewarding. I have won fights that I can't believe I have won, but I know its because I have dodged, utilised skills at the precise time.

Personal story can be brutal but a few times I have made it through without dying on some hard levels and that has been really satisfying. 

I really think they have nailed combat and it will only get better.

• irfan799irfan799 Member UncommonPosts: 8

after 3-4 yrs break from grind in wow., i paid for a game. this game has been done really well.. i usually logged out within 20 min of any new mmo. but this one got me hooked like no other.

if you a gamer whos been out ther for past 8-9 yrs bored of questing or grinding for levelup and crap.. this is the perfect game for you. pve doesnt seem like a job anymore.. plenty of options.