I don't want to talk about all the things I like in GW2. I love the game (suits my busy RL) and there is enough threads on these points.
My biggest moan in GW2 so far are all the Green and Blue drops. Within a 1 hour game slot I can pick up 6-12 Blue and Green items. What does this mean for game play?
- There are 300 of the same item on the Trade post. No real feeling of 'omg I found something special'.
- I am crafter at heart but as I am finding so many green / blue items, I find myself not caring about crafting armour etc as its not as good as the drops.
- Being overloaded with so many good items is not realistic.
- People stop using the Trading Post as they find all the weapons/armour they need.
IMO they need to make it a semi rare occassion when you find a blue/green item. e.g. 1 per 1-2 hours if you are really active. This will:
- Encourage crafters to make items.
- Raise up prices on the Trade post
- Make it easy to sell or salvage gear as you don't have to deal with 24 'good' items.
They really need to scale back drops. Other games you see 3-6 of the same item on the Trade Post. Not hundreds.