Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STOP IT

124»

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Here's an idea, you can have your opinions but keep them in similar threads. Stop assuming your opinion needs to be heard more than anyone elses. That's the biggest problem right now is that people are so self centered that they cause everyone else to bang our heads against the wall because every thread is almost an exact copy of another. If your opinion has been used in the thread already, then don't bother posting in it, its been said. There, everyone wins now.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Here's an idea, you can have your opinions but keep them in similar threads. Stop assuming your opinion needs to be heard more than anyone elses. That's the biggest problem right now is that people are so self centered that they cause everyone else to bang our heads against the wall because every thread is almost an exact copy of another. If your opinion has been used in the thread already, then don't bother posting in it, its been said. There, everyone wins now.

So you are basically asking everyone to stop doing what they always do?  Ummm, not gonna work.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Creslin321

OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:

Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.

Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

If these two behaviors stop, 80% of the arguments here can be avoided.

And 80% of the posters would have nothing to post.  I agree with you.  I would like to have some conversation about details.  Fans should feel comfortable pointing out something they would like to see done differently and have a conversation here rather than being afraid to admit any failure in a game in fear of the "TOLD U SO!".  

Forums are polarizing and are distilled down to lowest common denominator mentality.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Why is it egocentric to claim a game is bad because I don't like it, but it isn't egocentric to claim the game is good because I like it?

That is the question.

Because the OP want's dissenters to shut up because they are "wrong", and is just trying to say it in a pollically correct way by uttering the words "everyone has a right to their opinions" without really taking it to heart.

"Everyone has a right to their own opinion so long as it aligns with ours (those who like it) " is the way I read it. Its the classic forum "hypocite peace treatise"

As for the game itself, I am playing it. I somewhat like it, but its not this complex beast everyone tries to make it out to be. I love the "You are not even level 10 yet, the game gets more difficult" So you hit level 10, nothing changes. "No, the complexity starts at level 25". Yeah, hit 25 and it's the same. Now its "Level 30 is where...." so I give up trying to find where the complexity begins. I'm just chasing DEs like everyone else, following my story and crafting every now and then.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

after this statement, your post has lost any credibilty

I had the best fun with games which haven´t got high metacritic scores because of bribed reviewers. "Pro" Reviews=Mafia

There is no way on earth GW2 deserves a 93% in any category. It feels more like a 61% in fact

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Misaris

and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

after this statement, your post has lost any credibilty

I had the best fun with games which haven´t got high metacritic scores because of bribed reviewers. "Pro" Reviews=Mafia

There is no way on earth GW2 deserves a 93% in any category. It feels more like a 61% in fact

While I kinda agree that metacritic scores can be flimsy, it's kinda your opinion that the game should be a 61%.

• HyperwolfHyperwolf Member UncommonPosts: 120

It's interesting that people laugh at Metacritic when the Industry cleary understands it's influence in decision making by consumers. The opinion of it here on MMORPG is not particularly realistic from many of the posts I have read in this thread. It can and does routinely influence purchasing. 

Note for example this: http://www.funcom.com/investors/the_secret_world_update 

Alexa ranks metacritic at around position 3,000 compared to mmorpg.com at 8,000 so it's reasonable to say that it does indeed matter and that both the critic and user scores are currently doing Arenanet favours. 

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks
    ~ WC

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

As much as I agree with this thread, we really shouldn't be posting about other people's posting habits.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.